Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    Good. Let this thread go into permafrost with all the other fan fantasies.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    That tweet Jbay posted is from a fans account.
    Even if, it doesn't take a rockiet scientist to know that the Royals are serious about trading for a front end starter. Don't know when it happens, but I am positive it will. And it sounds like every piece of the ML-roster is untouchable (Perez, Moustakas, Gordon, Hosmer), so that leaves Myers and probably Starling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Even if, it doesn't take a rockiet scientist to know that the Royals are serious about trading for a front end starter. Don't know when it happens, but I am positive it will. And it sounds like every piece of the ML-roster is untouchable (Perez, Moustakas, Gordon, Hosmer), so that leaves Myers and probably Starling.
    Lester, Bard, Workman, and Jacobs for Myers, Starling

vCash
    I really doubt theyd trade Myers and Starling together. Highly doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Lester, Bard, Workman, and Jacobs for Myers, Starling
    I still don't understand why they don't ask for Clay instead, considering he's probably controllable for a longer period and he's still a pretty good pitcher. Not "front end" stuff I know but there's not really much out there other than Greinke (available) that's considered front end material. I like the package you put together there, though.

vCash
    Any year of Lester besides 2012 wouldve killed it in that park and that division. He pitched better in the second half of the year. I value Lester as a good #2 starter. If others don't, then you don't trade him. It's that simple. Keep him to yourself and take the chance on him rebounding rather than trading him for les than he may be worth.

Lester can be an ace in KC IMO, Buchholz could have a few good years but never ace status. His 2010 was an outlier in my eyes until I see him do it again. He's good, but not sub 3.00 ERA good.

vCash
    I agree on your point that keeping Lester may be a better decision, you can always trade him in July if he rebounds and we're out of the running. All the more reason I'd rather include Buch in this (possible) move. To your point that Clay would be no ace, I agree. However, I think we've been searching for our ace ever since Pedro left and nobody has worked out (save for Beckett's two good years). I'd rather have a solid rotation of #2/#2 guys throughout than have one ace who's overpaid and let the rest of the roster suffer. Especially for a small market team.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617