Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 247
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    source


    if they're not willing to trade andrus for upton they're not going to trade him for ellsbury
    I said Ellsbury plus yesterday and post #204 today, so this post here must be for someone else.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Kinsler only has the arm and range for LF where his bat plays down. Hed be a 2 WAR player there. They can do it but it'd be stupid.
    x 10

    Kinsler is a meh 2B, so that would be an improvement in the INF at any rate

    Talk about posturing by the Rangers to increase desire for Andrus among suitors - or to also hedge their bet because unlike 85% of this board they don't believe the press clippings of top specs.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    x 10

    Kinsler is a meh 2B, so that would be an improvement in the INF at any rate

    Talk about posturing by the Rangers to increase desire for Andrus among suitors - or to also hedge their bet because unlike 85% of this board they don't believe the press clippings of top specs.
    Im still about 80% sure one of Andrus/Kinsler goes, and Andrus is a way easier sell.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,972
    vCash
    1500
    Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
    Sources: Royals "calling everyone" to trade Luke Hochevar and Bruce Chen. KC accelerating timetable to acquire starter, wants to free up $.
    Hmm...

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote:
    Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
    Sources: Royals "calling everyone" to trade Luke Hochevar and Bruce Chen. KC accelerating timetable to acquire starter, wants to free up $.

    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Hmm...
    Meh, neither pitcher is that good.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,972
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't say they were. They are trying to free up money to get a pitcher and they've been linked to Lester/Shields who make quite a bit of $ in 2013-14. Connect the dots.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,377
    vCash
    1500
    Well, Royals in a hurry = ready to make a strong move? Why don't we just take Hochevar or Chen along with Myers. We can afford it. If it helps?!

    I might be wrong, but I think a bomb is about to explode. Fits with the Mauer and co. rumors. I am talking something big.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts.
    Posts
    2,015
    vCash
    1500
    As I said before something big is brewing.Also the only reason napoli and swisher haven't already signed with us is because we wouldn't give them the 4th year.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Well, Royals in a hurry = ready to make a strong move? Why don't we just take Hochevar or Chen along with Myers. We can afford it. If it helps?!

    I might be wrong, but I think a bomb is about to explode. Fits with the Mauer and co. rumors. I am talking something big.
    Yeah, I'll take Chen in a deal, we need a #6/7 SP, but they'll have to hand over more then Myers to snag Lester.

    Didn't Gammons report that the Sox have been rebuffed constantly by the Twins on Mauer?


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Didn't Gammons report that the Sox have been rebuffed constantly by the Twins on Mauer?
    That is correct.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,377
    vCash
    1500

    Red Sox discussing Lester for Wil Myers trade

    Mauer just as indication that they are serious about making a big move. They were also in on tulowitzki and the marlins guys.
    Just don't think something will get done with kc, we would have already agreed to take on chen and his 4m "peanuts".
    A deal wirh TB is more likely since they are reluctant to take on any salary dump

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    156
    vCash
    1500
    Lets go ben!
    Get it done

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I agree JP. Btw how you been.Haven't seen you here in a while.
    Been good --- Busy, plus a whole lot of nuthin' going on with our NE teams lately.

    I've been reading though. Just not many topics worth taking the time to type about.
    DodgersGM ‏@DodgersGM
    Josh Beckett grounds out to right field. #Dodgers #Cardinals

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    156
    vCash
    1500
    1. Ellsbury
    2. Pedroia
    3. Napoli
    4.Ortiz
    5. Middlebrooks
    6.Swisher
    7.Myers
    8.Salty
    9. Inglasis

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Mauer just as indication that they are serious about making a big move. They were also in on tulowitzki and the marlins guys.
    Just don't think something will get done with kc, we would have already agreed to take on chen and his 4m "peanuts".
    A deal wirh TB is more likely since they are reluctant to take on any salary dump
    Go Get Tulo We Can Use A SS!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •