Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:24473049
    This is absolute crap. No way a one for one. Talk about the catcher and Gordon and forget the spec. And replace Lester w/ Buchholz.
    I like Will Myers but Myers for Lester is a terrible trade! I take it you don't like that trade either??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    you guys got to give up more than just jon lester to get the #1 prospect in baseball lmfao
    Funny, because I believe it's the other way around.

vCash
    haha lets do lester, kalish, and Brentz for Meyers and Danny Duffy

Could the Royals be that dumb?

I know Duffy got injured but his potential is crazy
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Package deal for Myers and Gordon.........Go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I like Will Myers but Myers for Lester is a terrible trade! I take it you don't like that trade either??
    It's rubbish. If they are trading him, then they must figure it's better to cash in their chips now. I wish the kid well, but let's not lose our heads here.

Lester between 2008-2011 inclusive was clearly one of the 12 best SP's in the MLB. You don't deal that for a kid, one with concerns (K rates).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Funny, because I believe it's the other way around.
    so you think the number 1 prospect in baseball with 6 years of control is worth only jon lester... who has already been defined as, at best, a #2 pitcher by his 6 years of experience in the big leagues?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2deuce:24473314
    Lester, Kalish, Wilson and Younginer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
    This

vCash
    I would do a deal like Lester and Brentz for Myers and Lamb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:24473353
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    It's rubbish. If they are trading him, then they must figure it's better to cash in their chips now. I wish the kid well, but let's not lose our heads here.

Lester between 2008-2011 inclusive was clearly one of the 12 best SP's in the MLB. You don't deal that for a kid, one with concerns (K rates).
    I agree! I've floated the idea of trading Lester before. However I believe he will be great next season. He could be the best #2 in baseball. If K.C. is throwing in a top pitching spec or Gordon then I'm ok with it. Obviously there would be more pieces..

So I'm saying Lester straight up for Myers is a big no!

vCash
    you guys got to give up more than just jon lester to get the #1 prospect in baseball lmfao
    Exhibit A for my posts regarding the younger 1/2 of PSD posters.

I'll take Gordon and Perez, you can have Buchholz, Wilson, Lavarnway, Swihart, Brentz, Jacobs

You like specs so much? Here are 4 that fit between #8-#18, and a #2 SP in that park of yours - and you get to keep Myers - I don't want to overpay for that one.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    so you think the number 1 prospect in baseball with 6 years of control is worth only jon lester... who has already been defined as, at best, a #2 pitcher by his 6 years of experience in the big leagues?
    You want a top of the rotation pitcher? Get ready to pay for it, that simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Lester has out earned Price (B-R WAR) from 2009 to date. This season was the first in which Price outpaced him in any single season. I think you're selling low on Lester... and on Price. Dealing front-line pitching, especially if discounted for a bad season, is risky.

Assume that we do it. Anyone up for a subsequent deal centered on Jacoby and Cliff Lee?
    Price was easily better than Lester in 2011, I don't know how rWAR could possibly have Lester better. He crushed Lester in pretty much every category except era by .02. Much better K rate, BB rate, FIP, fWAR, way more innings pitched. Lester has declined 4 straight years, and you have to wonder if he ever gets back to 2008-2010 form. I think he will bounce back next year, but if he doesn't he will have no value with 1 year left, which is an expensive option year.

I have been against trading Lester because I thought he would be undervalued. Getting one of the best hitting prospects in baseball is terrific value for Lester right now. I'd say a cost controlled player middle of the order power hitter is rarer these days then someone who might bounce back to being a borderline 1st/2nd tier pitcher.

Wil Myers is a better prospect than Xander. I guarantee this forum would be going batshit insane if the Red Sox were discussing trading him to the Rays for James Shields.

And the Royals are not trading Perez. They have him signed longterm cheap, and it's been reported that they won't trade him.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 11-26-2012 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    You want a top of the rotation pitcher? Get ready to pay for it, that simple.
    but lester was not a top of the rotation pitcher last year. dont get me wrong, he's good, but not good enough to get a 300 hitter that can potentially hit 30-40 homeruns a year. plus lester will come with less control and a higher price tag. i would think the royals would want someone that is young and has 4-6 years of control still left.

vCash
    The Sox are going through a full rebuild right?? If you could get a potential stud power bat for an aging number 2 pitcher why wouldn't you ?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast