Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox discussing Lester for Wil Myers trade

While the Royals are reluctant to deal him, it appears doing so could net either Shields or Lester, each of whom was an All-Star as recently as 2011. The problem: Both are expensive and on track to become free agents in two years.

Both deals have been discussed, but neither appears close at the moment. Other players could be involved, but the basic framework would be Myers for one of the two pitchers. At this point, all sides — the Royals, Rays and Red Sox — remain hesitant.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/26...#storylink=cpy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Brett Myers?
    will myers

vCash
    For Lester? Ehh. Would it be part of a bigger package we're we got more or just 1 for 1.

vCash
    @Royals_Report: KC & #RedSox have discussed Jon Lester-Wil Myers deal. Nothing's close, but still: http://bit.ly/Spxgwg

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @Royals_Report: KC & #RedSox have discussed Jon Lester-Wil Myers deal. Nothing's close, but still: http://bit.ly/Spxgwg
    Myers, who turns 22 on Dec. 10, batted .314 last season in 134 games at Class AA Northwest Arkansas and Class AAA Omaha with 37 homers and 109 RBIs — but also 140 strikeouts. KC.com

vCash
    Myers, who turns 22 on Dec. 10, batted .314 last season in 134 games at Class AA Northwest Arkansas and Class AAA Omaha with 37 homers and 109 RBIs but also 140 strikeouts. KC.com
    yikes

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    yikes
    Ya thats the part that makes me nervous to deal a big package for him with 140 KO'S. Thats me.

vCash
    I'd be pretty pissed if Lester only netted us Myers. I know he had a down year and all, but pitchers like him should bring in a premium package. Better off keeping him, hoping he rebounds then shipping him off. I guess there's also a chance he is worse and we end up with another Youk situation on our hands, ask for Myers+.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed if Lester only netted us Myers. I know he had a down year and all, but pitchers like him should bring in a premium package. Better off keeping him, hoping he rebounds then shipping him off. I guess there's also a chance he is worse and we end up with another Youk situation on our hands, ask for Myers+.
    Isn't Lester one of the reasons we all coveted Farrell? If he can be tweaked and get back to form, even though Farrell isn't his pitching coach he's still watching over him, we should keep him. I was to assume that KC would want a younger, cheaper guy like Clay and ask for a few prospects in return as well. I would rather do that deal, but only if we were going to acquire a pitcher with as bright a future via an Ells trade.

vCash
    Myers, who turns 22 on Dec. 10, batted .314 last season in 134 games at Class AA Northwest Arkansas and Class AAA Omaha with 37 homers and 109 RBIs but also 140 strikeouts. KC.com
    What's the ceiling and floor for this guy? 140 k's is really a turn off though and I don't think Lester should just net Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    A Top 5 prospect in all of baseball for a pitcher coming off a very down year is pretty good. Plus he's only got two years left on his contract anyway. And there's a non zero chance he never rebounds.

vCash
    A good chunk of that is from his brief stint to begin the season at AA, which is an outlier from the rest of his minor league career. He had a 22% K rate in AAA, which is a lot, and is higher than any other year for him in the minors. But he also has had high walk rates and a lot of power. To put it in perspective, that 22% K rate is lower than any season of Will Middlebrooks professional career.

I'd hate to trade Lester for him while his value is low, and when we so desperately need good pitching. I'd do it though. Lester only has two years left, and I'm not sure he likes it here. Myers is really good, he's a better prospect right now than Bogaerts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    What's the ceiling and floor for this guy? 140 k's is really a turn off though and I don't think Lester should just net Myers.
    Ceiling is a perennial all star, 30 HR middle of the order bat cost controlled for several years. Or maybe Jeff Francouer.

Floor, like all prospects, is washing out before even getting to the show. He would be our new top prospect and compete for a starting job in Spring Training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    A good chunk of that is from his brief stint to begin the season at AA, which is an outlier from the rest of his minor league career. He had a 22% K rate in AAA, which is a lot, and is higher than any other year for him in the minors. But he also has had high walk rates and a lot of power. To put it in perspective, that 22% K rate is lower than any season of Will Middlebrooks professional career.

I'd hate to trade Lester for him while his value is low, and when we so desperately need good pitching. I'd do it though. Lester only has two years left, and I'm not sure he likes it here. Myers is really good, he's a better prospect right now than Bogaerts.
    Basically my thoughts too. I know pitching is a huge need for this team right now, but Myers

vCash
    I wonder where our system would rank if we got Myers. I'd think top 5 at least.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast