Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    Here is where I absolutely disagree. Crawford has had a significant injury to which he tried to rehab and failed. That being said, Arod has not had a full season since 2008. that's four years. With arod in his late 30's I'm beginning to think his isn't going to change. He injury side of this is the more interesting thing. I am about 70% certain that Crawford has more Abs left than Arod. More important he has more effective Ab's.

If the trade worked out for both teams, I like Crawford game better. He reason the Yankees did not advance is they have too many guys who hit HR. when you face better pitching home runs are hard to come by. Look at our successful campaigns, guys like Sojo, Vizcaino, Polonia end up doing something. Against good pitching you aren't going to see a many mistakes. When arod is bad he can't touch the ball, half his abs are strikeouts! How many close games did the Yankees play where a run in the bottom of an inning would win the game. Lead off Walk, SB, sacrifice and sac fly gets you a run. Too few guys on this team can do this! Crawford, Ichiro, Jeter are guys who can do this. Waiting for Ibanez to hit a HR isn't going to us far!

A
    This is NOT just specific to this past postseason.

This has been going on for a decade now offensively.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    So who plays 3rd for the Yankees in this scenario?

Nunez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Is it any different than ARod not being allowed to be traded without his permission for 7 years?
    One has nothing to do with the other. One is a contract issue and I doubt seriously that it can be done. ARod not being traded is because he's a 10 - 5 player as per the MLB player agreement.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    If there is such a clause in Crawfords contract, it would not have been put in there by Boston, but by Crawford himself. It would Qualify as a limited No-Trade Clause and at any time Carl could waive that clause, just as A-Rod could waive his 10-5 rights. Thus, making it useless for what the Red Sox might have wanted to do if it was their idea.

Still, until Carl Crawford can prove that he can play at a level even close to Gardner's contract, I would not touch him. Since signing that monster deal, He has been horrible. Yes, most of that is due to injuries... but too many players have had their careers cut short for that very reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    If there is such a clause in Crawfords contract, it would not have been put in there by Boston, but by Crawford himself. It would Qualify as a limited No-Trade Clause and at any time Carl could waive that clause, just as A-Rod could waive his 10-5 rights. Thus, making it useless for what the Red Sox might have wanted to do if it was their idea.

Still, until Carl Crawford can prove that he can play at a level even close to Gardner's contract, I would not touch him. Since signing that monster deal, He has been horrible. Yes, most of that is due to injuries... but too many players have had their careers cut short for that very reason.
    no im pretty sure it was put in by boston. its not a no trade clause, its a different thing
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think Arod to Miami is a more realistic destination for him. Now if you can put a package
    together with the main piece being Arod to the Marlins for G Stanton that would be sweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    no im pretty sure it was put in by boston. its not a no trade clause, its a different thing
    Those are also not valid per the CBA or MLB rules. Any clause put in by Boston that would disallow LA from trading him to the NYY, with or without his permission are not allowed. It is called collusion! If it was a NTC, then he could not be moved without his permission, and those are legal. The commish would have rejected the deal on that alone. It was tried years ago, and deemed a violation then. Not by the commish, but by the arbitrators involved.

So, it either is a no-trade clause... OR, someone making something up.

Still, the NYY had no interest in him when he was a UFA. His contract was much bigger than his skills and numbers warranted, and he has spent the 2 seasons since battling injuries.... Explain to me how or why the NYY would or should have any interest now?

This is just someones idea, who hates A-Rod... to try and get rid of him... Well, A-Rod has out played crawford badly the last 2 seasons. Of course, so have most sept. callups since actually being on the field was enough to out play him this past season.

vCash
    As Much as I want him traded i don't think this is a good deal

vCash
    Gandalf? How dare you stand up Ross and Chandler! You were supposed to hit up the strip clubs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Those are also not valid per the CBA or MLB rules. Any clause put in by Boston that would disallow LA from trading him to the NYY, with or without his permission are not allowed. It is called collusion! If it was a NTC, then he could not be moved without his permission, and those are legal. The commish would have rejected the deal on that alone. It was tried years ago, and deemed a violation then. Not by the commish, but by the arbitrators involved.

So, it either is a no-trade clause... OR, someone making something up.

Still, the NYY had no interest in him when he was a UFA. His contract was much bigger than his skills and numbers warranted, and he has spent the 2 seasons since battling injuries.... Explain to me how or why the NYY would or should have any interest now?

This is just someones idea, who hates A-Rod... to try and get rid of him... Well, A-Rod has out played crawford badly the last 2 seasons. Of course, so have most sept. callups since actually being on the field was enough to out play him this past season.
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ade-to-yankees

http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2011/0...de-to-yankees/

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/carl_crawford/

you also need to look up the defiention of collusion, as this clause has nothing to do with it
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 12-01-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123