Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I mean do u really think that he's NOT ALLOWED to Play for the Yankees for 7 years?

U guys smoke some good stuff.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    It's only for that season on a quick flip. Doesn't exist now.

Dumbest thing I ever heard.
    source?

vCash
    I mean do u really think that he's NOT ALLOWED to Play for the Yankees for 7 years?

U guys smoke some good stuff.
    Is it any different than ARod not being allowed to be traded without his permission for 7 years?

vCash
    That clause was only in effect for first team traded to, first year.

If the dodgers wanted to escape that, they could do a 3 way deal with any team to facilitate it.

And the fact that a dumb clause like that is allowed is ********.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    That clause was only in effect for first team traded to, first year.

If the dodgers wanted to escape that, they could do a 3 way deal with any team to facilitate it.

And the fact that a dumb clause like that is allowed is ********.
    Again, if it's only for one season, provide one source proving it.

As for a 3-way trade, explain how that would work?

Also, the league allows tons of odd clauses. Remember the Yankees needing to negotiate the details of Kevin Brown's private jet allocations after trading for him?

vCash
    They can trade him to the Pirates, who would then flip him to the Yankees.

The clause was put in thinking there is no way that contract could be traded twice.

"It seems hard to envision a scenario where Crawford and his $20 million a year contract would be traded and then traded again to the Yankees. That’s mostly because it seems that it would be hard to trade that contract in the first place. I suppose that if a team was motivated to land Crawford may later on end up regretting taking on so much money (i.e. the Angels are almost definitely going to regret trading for Vernon Wells). So they might be tempted to turn around and dump Crawford on the Yankees for next to nothing just to get out from under the contract."
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    The only way a-rod would get traded for crawford would be if the Yankee GM is suffering from a grade 3 concussion, and seeing not double, but triple and is behaving as if he were drunk from it.

It amazes me how you people want to trade a still very good A-Rod for a player with an almost as big a contract (and in a few years, equally as big), who cannot even stay on the field due to injuries... In case you have forgotten, Crawford has not played very much since he signed that big deal, and most of what he did in 2011 was playing badly hurt.

At least A-Rod is spending the majority of the season on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Is it any different than ARod not being allowed to be traded without his permission for 7 years?
    Yes. It's totally different. One is a protection in a contract between two people.

Another is a trade between two entities about a third persons ability to play for a fourth entity.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    The only way a-rod would get traded for crawford would be if the Yankee GM is suffering from a grade 3 concussion, and seeing not double, but triple and is behaving as if he were drunk from it.

It amazes me how you people want to trade a still very good A-Rod for a player with an almost as big a contract (and in a few years, equally as big), who cannot even stay on the field due to injuries... In case you have forgotten, Crawford has not played very much since he signed that big deal, and most of what he did in 2011 was playing badly hurt.

At least A-Rod is spending the majority of the season on the field.
    Here is where I absolutely disagree. Crawford has had a significant injury to which he tried to rehab and failed. That being said, Arod has not had a full season since 2008. that's four years. With arod in his late 30's I'm beginning to think his isn't going to change. He injury side of this is the more interesting thing. I am about 70% certain that Crawford has more Abs left than Arod. More important he has more effective Ab's.

If the trade worked out for both teams, I like Crawford game better. He reason the Yankees did not advance is they have too many guys who hit HR. when you face better pitching home runs are hard to come by. Look at our successful campaigns, guys like Sojo, Vizcaino, Polonia end up doing something. Against good pitching you aren't going to see a many mistakes. When arod is bad he can't touch the ball, half his abs are strikeouts! How many close games did the Yankees play where a run in the bottom of an inning would win the game. Lead off Walk, SB, sacrifice and sac fly gets you a run. Too few guys on this team can do this! Crawford, Ichiro, Jeter are guys who can do this. Waiting for Ibanez to hit a HR isn't going to us far!

A

vCash
    Ichiro over Gardner?

Why? At this point, Gardner is better defensively and offensively.
    If Gardner could stay healthy I might agree. Problem is his body and his game don't work. He gets hurt a lot and usually when he steals a base. I like Gardner but don't see how you can trust he will be an everyday player. Ichiro has a great track record in playing everyday!

vCash
    Bob Shirley does rule!!

sound reasoning on all your points. I am one of those fans that is still holding out that Arod can put up a couple more decent seasons.

vCash
    I think the moment you get an opportunity to rid the team of Arod, you make the move (providing you dont eat the contract). He is only going to get older and slower. I like the proposed deal for crawford.

vCash
    Ichiro over Gardner?

Why? At this point, Gardner is better defensively and offensively.
    Since when did Gardner get better than Ichiro offensively? Did I miss something?
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktuck911 View Post
    Since when did Gardner get better than Ichiro offensively? Did I miss something?
    Ichiro's last 2 seasons?

vCash
    arod has a no trade and i beleive there is a clause in crawfords contract keeping him from going to NY.

make peace with the fact that arod is here next year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast