Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I have a feeling we will probably go best player available in the first round between WR/DT/G/MLB. I don't really see it being necessary to trade up to get Keenan Allen when in all reality his talent level is about on par with Da'Rick Rodgers who I would be fine trading up in the third to grab.

The more I think about it the idea of taking Warmack in the fist round, if he is available is probably not a bad idea. I figure with both him and Kalil we probably won't need to draft another lineman for quite a long time. If we can't re-sign Loadholt getting a lineman is going to become a much bigger priority.
    First off at this pace we may not even be in a position to have to trade up for Allen. We could easily finish the season 6-10 and picking in the low teens. Secondly if we put off wide receiver until the middle rounds again then we are going to be sticking ourselves in the same position as the past two seasons, very little receiving talent. We need to bring in one of the best receiving prospects in this draft. To me Allen has stud written all over him.

To what it all comes down to is wide receiver is the one position on this team we cannot survive with for another season. If continue to roll out Jenkins, Simpson and Aromashodu we are never going to become a serious offensive threat. DT, MLB and G are huge needs but not ones that I see being more pressing than a wide receiver. If we had to we could survive with KWilliams and Guion at DT, Fusco, Schwartz and Johnson at guard and Brinkley at MLB. Obviously those are going to change next season but my point is none of those positions look any where near as pathetic as our wide receivers do.

I can all but guarantee a wide receiver will be taken in one of the first two rounds. Rick Spielman has been using high picks to surround Ponder with help. The year Ponder was drafted we took Rudolph in the 2nd and then this past season we took Matt Kalil. Spielman has been using our 1st round picks on our most pressing needs. The last two drafts prove that as we have taken a QB and a LT, the two biggest things this team needed the past 2 off seasons. I think it's all but a guarantee we go with a wide receiver very early.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing us take Alec Ogletree in the 1st. He would be perfect mix of size and Speed for the cover 2. I expecting both 4th rounders to be traded weather one is mixed with our 2nd to move up into the end of the 1st or both for a 3rd.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Whatever happens We need to keep ponder so we can be in position to draft Tyler Manzeil in 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    Whatever happens We need to keep ponder so we can be in position to draft Tyler Manzeil in 2015
    Johnny

vCash
    I really just hope it's Keenan Allen.

vCash
    Lol idk why I keep calling him Tyler. Thanks though

vCash
    I am really starting to like Terrance Williams the more and more I see on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6J7iqDEsS8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

rotoworld

Right now Allen is my early favorite in the first round.
    Same. Others I like for the 1st-Warmack, Johnathan Hankins, Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes.

If we don't go WR in the first, still liking us taking a chance on Da'Rick Rogers in Rd 2. Firm believer that if he has a good mentor/coaching....he'll be a top 15 WR in 2-3 yrs. I know we have several holes on this team, but if we were able to get some later talent, we could use 2 WR's in the first couple rds.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 12-10-2012 at 03:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Same. Others I like for the 1st-Warmack, Johnathan Hankins, Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes.

If we don't go WR in the first, still liking us taking a chance on Da'Rick Rogers in Rd 2. Firm believer that if he has a good mentor/coaching....he'll be a top 15 WR in 2-3 yrs. I know we have several holes on this team, but if we were able to get some later talent, we could use 2 WR's in the first couple rds.
    I think in the years draft if you are really looking to get value we are going to have to take a WR in the second round. Rodgers, Hopkins, and anyone else who drops should be available in the top half of the first. We have an extra 4th rounder so we could pretty much trade up for the guy we want.

I think Warmack would be a great addition to our line since we would most likely have the top line in the NFL... remember that it is still very young so we would be set for a very long time. Otherwise I think if Ogletree is on the board we could settle for him, he is a true game changer at MLB and is great in both run support and coverage.

vCash
    I don't think we can get Allen unless we trade up in the first, I look for Terrence Williams and Justin Hunter at this point.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    First off, I am so very glad we traded back into the first to land Harrison Smith. Play-maker.

Secondly, I'm still leaning to Warmack if he is available in the first. That dude is a stud. And my reasoning behind this is because the second round could very well still have all these WRs left:

-Da'rick Rogers
    -Hopkins
    -Terrance Williams
    -Patterson
    -Hamilton

I say we solidify our O-line for forever and pick up a WR in rounds 2 and 3.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    First off, I am so very glad we traded back into the first to land Harrison Smith. Play-maker.

Secondly, I'm still leaning to Warmack if he is available in the first. That dude is a stud. And my reasoning behind this is because the second round could very well still have all these WRs left:

-Da'rick Rogers
    -Hopkins
    -Terrance Williams
    -Patterson
    -Hamilton

Ever since the idea of taking Warmack was brought up it took me a little bit to like the idea but I agree that there are going to be WR's left in the second round. If push came to shove I would be fine trading our extra 4th rounder to move up in the 2nd to have our choice of the WR we want.

Oh and Harrison Smith is outperforming Mark Barron who was taken much higher in the first round. He is a steal and Spielmann is completely responsible for it, so props to him. Harrison has 12 more tackles and 2 more interceptions and TD's than Barron this season. The last time we had a safety with 2 TD's was Darren Sharper 2005 so keep that in mind.

vCash
    Are there any late round targets out there that people hope we pick up? I for one hope we can land Darius Slay from Miss. St. He is the corner opposite Banks and is having a pretty good season. He would be a nice late-round pick up.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Are there any late round targets out there that people hope we pick up? I for one hope we can land Darius Slay from Miss. St. He is the corner opposite Banks and is having a pretty good season. He would be a nice late-round pick up.
    Zeke Motta. SS out of ND. You want to see the twin of Harrison Smith..look no further.
    Zeke is a better tackler believe it or not and has a great sideline to sideline range. He's a thumper and a smart player too. Smith and Motta would lock up our safety spots for years. to me, he is an easy 2nd round talent, but alot of draft boards have him low for some reason??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mPCpzMUoYKjzIw

He would fit in perfectly here.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash

-Da'rick Rogers
    -Hopkins
    -Terrance Williams
    -Patterson
    -Hamilton

Amen!

So we have two 4ths and two 6ths correct? I say G in the first, WR in 2nd and use an extra to trade back up into the 2nd to get another WR.

Lock in that O-line (AP is a beast, but look what getting Kahlil has done for him this year!). I'd take the best O-line anyday cause it'll help Ponder and any other QB we might have playing, it'll help give our WRs time to get open, and it'll help AP! WIN WIN WIN if you ask me.

Next year could be awesome with a new G, and two new WRs with Percy. Not to mention, and I'm really hoping here, if Childs can get on an AP style rehab mindset and come back to us next year!!! The possibilities get me very excited. And here is the beauty of it all. Ponder will have no excuses (not that I think he'll need any after coming out of his sophmore slump and lighting it up next year......see Freeman), but if he does struggle, we'll be able to go after DT, QB, MLB, CB in the drafts to come, hopefully having WR and O-line taken care of.
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast