Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

rotoworld

Right now Allen is my early favorite in the first round.
    Make it happen Rick!

vCash
    Matt Barkley - QB - Player
    Dec 5 - 10:11 PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on Mike & Mike Wednesday morning that USC QB Matt Barkley is viewed around the NFL as a "late first-round pick."

Schefter cited a relatively weak incoming quarterback class as reasons for Alex Smith and Michael Vick to "absolutely" have strong offseason markets. Smith is a trade candidate, while Vick is expected to be released after the Super Bowl. Per Schefter, Heisman finalist Collin Klein is viewed as a "late-round pick," and scouts "aren't completely wowed" by West Virginia QB Geno Smith. Barkley showed underwhelming arm strength as a college senior and was interception prone. We wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the second round.

Source: ESPN.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Some mock drafts have us taking the MLB from Georgia. Although Warmack would make for a Killer Guard for years and years. I just don't see Warmack falling to us unless we loose alot of our games left in the season.
    To me, picking up Dwane Bowe and drafting the kid out of Baylor fits nice for an awsome upgrade at WR. There really is no Guards in FA next year so Guard might be our best option in round ONE.
    MLB has to improve. so does our OLB possition.
    What do you guys think of SS Zeke Motta out of ND for an upgrade at Safety?
    He is ranked really low on alot of Draft rankings but I love the guy. He is such a sideline to sideline hard hitting Safety. a hidden gem if you ask me.
    I think he could be just as valuable as Harrison smith. Smith and Motta are great friends and know each others style. those two back there would be a great tandem.
    Anyone who knows ND football knows number 17 out there.
    He is always around the ball and having Smith and Motta together would be a dream come true for me. This kid has sooooo much upside and nobody draft wise is talking about who I think is the best Safety in ncaa football.
    Guards historically fall in draft. Pretty much any lineman that isn't a LT doesn't usually go in the top 20. Last years G DeCastro fell to the mid 20's as did Iupati in 2010. I think we will defiantly have the chance to draft Warmack. But I fear Speilman will think he can good a good G in the late rds like he always does...(Sully, Fusco, DeGeare)

I kind of like Raymond at S, but I would be happy to see Motta on the team.

I thought Brinkley has shown improvement and Erin has dissapointed. There both average LB's in the run game and probably grade out below average in coverage.

I think our defense as a whole would benefit more from DT's. K Williams might be done here, and Guion and Evans are rotational lineman and shouldn't be considered starters. Not for as much pride as we used to take in stopping he run anyway. We are consistently a top sack team, I figure with better DT's the LB's will look much better...

I like Cook, but outside him and Winfield were still not great at CB. In todays game you need 2 good CB's and Winfield cannot play on the outside anymore.

Another reason I'm not to stressed about LB is we only play 2 LB's 55%-65% of the time.

I will be happy with Hunter, Allen, Patterson, Rodgers, T. Williams, C. Hamilton in this draft. I'd be really happy with 2 of those guys.

I really want to go after B. Grimes more than Bowe. And draft Warmack, Patterson and C. Hamilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Guards historically fall in draft. Pretty much any lineman that isn't a LT doesn't usually go in the top 20. Last years G DeCastro fell to the mid 20's as did Iupati in 2010. I think we will defiantly have the chance to draft Warmack. But I fear Speilman will think he can good a good G in the late rds like he always does...(Sully, Fusco, DeGeare)

I kind of like Raymond at S, but I would be happy to see Motta on the team.

I thought Brinkley has shown improvement and Erin has dissapointed. There both average LB's in the run game and probably grade out below average in coverage.

I think our defense as a whole would benefit more from DT's. K Williams might be done here, and Guion and Evans are rotational lineman and shouldn't be considered starters. Not for as much pride as we used to take in stopping he run anyway. We are consistently a top sack team, I figure with better DT's the LB's will look much better...

I like Cook, but outside him and Winfield were still not great at CB. In todays game you need 2 good CB's and Winfield cannot play on the outside anymore.

Another reason I'm not to stressed about LB is we only play 2 LB's 55%-65% of the time.

I will be happy with Hunter, Allen, Patterson, Rodgers, T. Williams, C. Hamilton in this draft. I'd be really happy with 2 of those guys.

I really want to go after B. Grimes more than Bowe. And draft Warmack, Patterson and C. Hamilton

vCash
    I think by next year Robinson will be able to fully take over one of the starting corner spots. So I think CB is less of an issue then in recent years. A stud guard and WR would go a long way to making us a far superior team. Look what it did for Freeman down in Tampa.

1. Keenan Allen
    2. Cooper
    3. Best DT left. (Should be a couple considering how deep this draft class is at DT)
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Exactly what I pointed out in another thread. Freeman had huge struggles in his first and third year. What did the bucs do put a stud guard and wr next to him. Now look at him. Having one of his best years.

vCash
    freeman can throw the ball more than 20 yards and showed flashes of being very good in his rookie year. The only great or even good thing ponder has done is propose to that reporter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Exactly what I pointed out in another thread. Freeman had huge struggles in his first and third year. What did the bucs do put a stud guard and wr next to him. Now look at him. Having one of his best years.
    But stud WRs have no bearing on how a QBs does. Havent you learned one thing from this forum....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmay42988 View Post
    freeman can throw the ball more than 20 yards and showed flashes of being very good in his rookie year. The only great or even good thing ponder has done is propose to that reporter.
    Don't be a hater. Your exaggerations and sarcasm only show you to be ignorant and pessimistic. Ponder can throw the deep ball. Is it his specialty? Absolutely not but he is capable of doing so.

vCash
    So our FO decides to activate a lineman off our PS instead of a WR. Hopefully this means they are serious about finding better replacement WRs in FA or the draft.

vCash
    Other than reciever what we really need is a guard, and a LB. Ya Brinkley played well but we need a star MLB that can create turnovers and disrupt an offense. I would love to see us get a shut down corner for once as well. But like I said Wideout is our main priority.

vCash
    Saw a few places had us taking DT Sylvester Williams out of UNC... I would love that.

If we take the best available MLB or WR in the 1st.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Other than reciever what we really need is a guard, and a LB. Ya Brinkley played well but we need a star MLB that can create turnovers and disrupt an offense. I would love to see us get a shut down corner for once as well. But like I said Wideout is our main priority.
    I feel like Cook could be that guy for us. The last few years, he's really improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    If Cook can stay healthy I can think he can be pretty close to a shut down corner. Between Cook, Robinson and Jefferson we have a pretty solid core of young corners. Plus Winfield will be around next season so I wouldn't put corner high on the priority list. Maybe in the later rounds if somebody talented falls but I'd rank corner behind WR, WR, WR, G, DT and MLB.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I have a feeling we will probably go best player available in the first round between WR/DT/G/MLB. I don't really see it being necessary to trade up to get Keenan Allen when in all reality his talent level is about on par with Da'Rick Rodgers who I would be fine trading up in the third to grab.

The more I think about it the idea of taking Warmack in the fist round, if he is available is probably not a bad idea. I figure with both him and Kalil we probably won't need to draft another lineman for quite a long time. If we can't re-sign Loadholt getting a lineman is going to become a much bigger priority.

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast