Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I guess the potential is there but he didn't even get on the field with Alabama and FAU. If he's half of what his father was though we have a roster spot waiting for him. Pack your bags Stephen Burton.
    from what I read his lack of play time was due to school transfer and grades. not that the grades thing is a positive but if he can play hes worth looking at.

vCash
    I would bring Carter's son in as a UDFA, if anything he can battle in camp for a spot on the practice squad.

vCash
    I would for sure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Vikings View Post
    from what I read his lack of play time was due to school transfer and grades. not that the grades thing is a positive but if he can play hes worth looking at.
    Yep you have to expect that he's going to be pretty raw. I sort of doubt he'll have the ball skills that #80 had too, that's a once in 100 years sort of thing.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Bring in CC's son could also make CC be around this team more and our Wrs could use his knowledge esp Harvin.

vCash
    I'm hoping for either Allen or Patterson in the 1st Round and either a lock down corner or talented DT in the 2nd.

Are you guys interested in one of the smaller school LBs like Pough or Sio Moore? I'm hoping we take a shot on Moore.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I'm hoping for either Allen or Patterson in the 1st Round and either a lock down corner or talented DT in the 2nd.

Are you guys interested in one of the smaller school LBs like Pough or Sio Moore? I'm hoping we take a shot on Moore.
    Trufant would be a good pick in rd. 2, I think he has shutdown capability.

vCash
    Well boys the 2012 season is officially over and the 2013 season has begun.
    March 12 @ 12:01 am is the official start time of free agency (that is the time contracts can be signed).
    April 25th is the 1st round of the NFL draft.

I think in FA we could target one of the 2nd tier WR's...maybe a Hartline or Barden.
    Draft I think it'll be one of 3 positions...either WR, DT, or LB. I don't think at where we are picking their will be value in the Guard position unless one of the top guys fall. As much as we would love to replace either Johnson or Fusco the need for WR or LB is likely much higher on our board. MLB is very very very important in our cover-2 scheme so I like a guy like Kevin Minter in the 1st.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Well boys the 2012 season is officially over and the 2013 season has begun.
    March 12 @ 12:01 am is the official start time of free agency (that is the time contracts can be signed).
    April 25th is the 1st round of the NFL draft.

I think in FA we could target one of the 2nd tier WR's...maybe a Hartline or Barden.
    Draft I think it'll be one of 3 positions...either WR, DT, or LB. I don't think at where we are picking their will be value in the Guard position unless one of the top guys fall. As much as we would love to replace either Johnson or Fusco the need for WR or LB is likely much higher on our board. MLB is very very very important in our cover-2 scheme so I like a guy like Kevin Minter in the 1st.
    I really hope we use FA to shore up our OG and DT positions. Personally, I'd like Levitre and Melton.

Then we focus the draft on LB, WR and CB/S. Alec Ogletree in the first, Quinton Patton in the second maybe?
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Trufant would be a good pick in rd. 2, I think he has shutdown capability.
    If Trufant falls to us in rd. 2, we'd almost have to take them. Ever since the senior bowl, I've seen him mocked in the late 1st and early 2nd rounds. Depending on who's available and who we drafted in the 1st. I'd be okay with pulling the trigger on Xavier Rhodes, or Logan Ryan in the 2nd but only if isn't a better MLB, DT, or WR available.

vCash
    If we pass on drafting a WR in the 1st, I like the idea of drafting Markus Wheaton in the 2nd or possibly in the 3rd. Here's what Walterfootball has to say about him: "1/12/13: Wheaton had an excellent senior season with 91 receptions for 1,244 yards and 11 touchdowns. He displayed a nice combination of reliable hands and play-making ability. As a junior in 2011, Wheaton had 73 receptions for 986 yards and a touchdown."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I really hope we use FA to shore up our OG and DT positions. Personally, I'd like Levitre and Melton.

Then we focus the draft on LB, WR and CB/S. Alec Ogletree in the first, Quinton Patton in the second maybe?
    I'de prefer free agents Melton and Levitre over Wallace, Jennings, Bowe too. That being said I doubt we sign any of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlang86 View Post
    If we pass on drafting a WR in the 1st, I like the idea of drafting Markus Wheaton in the 2nd or possibly in the 3rd. Here's what Walterfootball has to say about him: "1/12/13: Wheaton had an excellent senior season with 91 receptions for 1,244 yards and 11 touchdowns. He displayed a nice combination of reliable hands and play-making ability. As a junior in 2011, Wheaton had 73 receptions for 986 yards and a touchdown."
    Can't walk out with just Wheaton as our only receiver. He's another Harvin, slot receiver, kinda small, and not a split end. Vikings4lifebro and I were talking about this a few pages back. Since we got Harvin and Jarius Wright I doubt they even have interest in him. Good player though.

vCash
    Did you guys know a record 75 underclassmen have declared for this draft?

"With so many juniors coming out ... it's going to be a deep draft, you would think with all the talent that will be available," Frazier said, "So, we'll be going through this process before going to the combine, (which begins on Feb. 20 in Indianapolis) just trying to evaluate these college players and get a feel for them and try to be able to stack them and order them and determine which guys we'll go after. And then you've got NFL free agency right around the corner. We'll have to look at the NFL free agents, try to grade them, try to figure out what guys we're going to be interested in to try to bring to Minnesota." Free agency begins on March 12.

vCash
    I think one of the biggest decisions this offseason will be what we do with Erin Henderson and Jasper Brinkley. Both are above average against the run but stink against the pass. With that being said, it might come down to resigning the cheaper guy. That would be Brinkley. Henderson wasn't happy with not getting a long term deal last season and then saw his play drop off from 2011. I can see him leaving. Rick Spielman seems to really like Brinkley and I wouldn't be surprised if he came back again. Finding a 3 down linebacker this offseason should be a major priority.

Here are some draft-able guys I like:
    Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
    - former safety so he a lot of speed. 136 tackles, six sacks, six forced fumbles, five passes batted, two interceptions and 12 tackles for a loss during his season year. 2nd-3rd rounder.

Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State
    - another good athlete but is undersized. Supposedly is completely dedicated to football. Another 2nd to 3rd round guy.

Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
    - Penn State, as well as the Big 10 in general is a factory for NFL linebackers. 109 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes broken up, one forced fumble and two interceptions his senior year. Also led the team in tackles in 2011. Looks like a 3 down linebacker. 3rd round to 4th round.

Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
    - Super talented but was injured on and off for most of the season. Sounds like he should of stayed in school because he is inconsistent as well. Seems like a project pick but no doubt the kid has super star talent and could develop into a steal. 4th-6th rounder.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast