Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thrilla11 View Post
    If Hankins from Ohio State or Star from Utah aren't available, I think we should go receiver.

1. Hankins
    2. Woods from USC (I think he drops to the second)
    3. BPA
    4. Honey Badger

I'd be pretty happy if that's how our draft this year goes down. We need to get a WR in one of the first two rounds though that's for sure.
    Unless something happens at the combine I don't see Hankins or Star being available outside of the top ten picks. I would love to have either one, but I am not supporting trading up to get either of them with such a deep draft at that position.

If we could get Woods I would be ecstatic. However, I read somewhere that he may consider returning to USC in hope of raising his draft stock. I hope that isn't the case because he would be a great value in round 2, even if we had to trade up to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I am a WVU fan and have watched him play for years. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He is however very small at only 5'9 and around 175. We need some large WRs that can win jump balls and fight off defenders. If we grab a few large WRs in the draft or FA then I would be thrilled to get Austin but if we dont all our Wrs would be midgets.
    I really like Stedman Bailey, more then Austin. Would love to throw a late rounder for him. Any thoughts on him?

vCash
    I want to see this...
    1.LG Chance Warmack-I think Hunter will be gone in the first 12 picks. The big difference with AD this year is improved line play. Warmack is the best G prospect since Iuputi. Putting him next to Pro Bowlers Kalil and Sully and we have a uniquely strong line.
    2. Patterson-I think the world of this WR, I think he will be best WR in this draft. Also would take Rodgers or T. Williams at this spot.
    3. Bacarri Rambo-S
    4. Kevin Reddick-ILB
    5. Stedman Bailey
    Then I'd say a lot of D talent. We need 1 or 2 DT's, 1 or 2 LB's, maybe a S and a CB...I'd fill some of these needs in FA
    Last edited by ApolloInfinity; 12-01-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I want to see this...
    1.LG Chance Warmack-I think Hunter will be gone in the first 12 picks. The big difference with AD this year is improved line play. Warmack is the best G prospect since Iuputi. Putting him next to Pro Bowlers Kalil and Sully and we have a uniquely strong line.
    2. Patterson-I think the world of this WR, I think he will be best WR in this draft. Also would take Rodgers or T. Williams at this spot.
    3. Bacarri Rambo-S
    4. Kevin Reddick-ILB
    5. Stedman Bailey
    Then I'd say a lot of D talent. We need 1 or 2 DT's, 1 or 2 LB's, maybe a S and a CB...I'd fill some of these needs in FA
    I agree that I think we will get more value taking a WR in round 2, but I don't think taking a guard in round one is what the Vikings need. Yes, Charlie Johnson is a joke but we NEED to get younger on defense. DT, MLB, and CB are still very big concerns. Jenkins, Short, and Ogletree would provide us instand upgrades on defense. Add in a WR in round two and a guard in the 3rd or 4th and we have gotten much more value with our picks in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I agree that I think we will get more value taking a WR in round 2, but I don't think taking a guard in round one is what the Vikings need. Yes, Charlie Johnson is a joke but we NEED to get younger on defense. DT, MLB, and CB are still very big concerns. Jenkins, Short, and Ogletree would provide us instand upgrades on defense. Add in a WR in round two and a guard in the 3rd or 4th and we have gotten much more value with our picks in my mind.
    I agree we need a NT, MLB S and CB. However I don't love this DT class. Evenly the highly rated DT struggle to make big impacts early. I think for DT's they don't really get their "man strength" until about 25-27. I want to attack the D in the FA market.

I want T. Knighton as a NT next year. Run stuffing NT's have not been making a ton on the markert.

I want to see us go after a premium secondary guy in FA to. Grimes or Delmas are who I had in mind.

I'm not sure what to do with the LB's I think we should totally rethink Brinkley and E. Henderson.

Getting a guy like Warmack will give us 4 good lineman for years to come. Think of the days where we had R. Mcdainiel, K. Stringer and T. Stuesse. We were going to the playoff's every year.

vCash
    I agree we need a NT, MLB S and CB. However I don't love this DT class. Evenly the highly rated DT struggle to make big impacts early. I think for DT's they don't really get their "man strength" until about 25-27. I want to attack the D in the FA market.

I want T. Knighton as a NT next year. Run stuffing NT's have not been making a ton on the markert.

I want to see us go after a premium secondary guy in FA to. Grimes or Delmas are who I had in mind.

I'm not sure what to do with the LB's I think we should totally rethink Brinkley and E. Henderson.

Getting a guy like Warmack will give us 4 good lineman for years to come. Think of the days where we had R. Mcdainiel, K. Stringer and T. Stuesse. We were going to the playoff's every year.
    He's a guy I like too. However, the fact that run stuffers aren't demanding much money should also make it easier for the Jags to resign him. I can't see us having a good amount of money invested into 3 defensive tackles. I think we are much more likely to draft a defensive tackle.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    He's a guy I like too. However, the fact that run stuffers aren't demanding much money should also make it easier for the Jags to resign him. I can't see us having a good amount of money invested into 3 defensive tackles. I think we are much more likely to draft a defensive tackle.
    3 DT's?...K. Williams, knighton and who?

Another thing about drafting Warmack is we could cut C. Johnson, saving us 3-4M down the road.

I think the Vikings need to strongly consider cutting or trading Williams. And should probably field offers for J. Allen. Just here me out....We trade Allen for two 2nd round picks and we get a 3rd for K. Will. You'd be saving 21M and have plenty of ammo for a trade back into the late first or move up for somebody you want....

Since you save so much money by trading Allen and Williams, spend it on some FA's coming off their first contracts...

Resign Loadholt and Harvin

Brent Grimes-6yr 45M-8M per season
    L. Delmas-4 years 28M-7M per season
    T. Knighton-4ys 20M
    G. Dorsey 3M per year

This accounts for the salaries of Allen, Williams and C. Johnson

1. K. Allen
    2.*Use these to move up into late 1 for Warmack.
    2.*
    2.C. Patterson
    3.Use these to move up for DE Ezekiel Ansah.
    Use a later pick on WR stedman Bailey

Ponder
    AD
    Allen, Patterson, Harvin, Wright, Bailey
    Rudolph
    Kalil
    Warmack
    Sully
    Fusco/Shwartz
    Loadholt

Robison
    Knighton
    G. Dorsey
    Griffin/Anash
    LB stay the same. Although I'd like to get Daryl Smith.
    Grimes
    Cook
    Winfield nickel
    H. Smith
    L. Delmas

For the sake of keeping it a draft disscusion I will not mention anything about QB's. With this plan the WR's get a huge upgrade, so does the secondary. The offensive line gets nasty, and we don't lose much production from the D line. The only thing I haven't addressed is LB's but to be honest I'm not a good LB judge.
    Last edited by ApolloInfinity; 12-01-2012 at 08:14 PM.

vCash

Another thing about drafting Warmack is we could cut C. Johnson, saving us 3-4M down the road.

I think the Vikings need to strongly consider cutting or trading Williams. And should probably field offers for J. Allen. Just here me out....We trade Allen for two 2nd round picks and we get a 3rd for K. Will. You'd be saving 21M and have plenty of ammo for a trade back into the late first or move up for somebody you want....

Since you save so much money by trading Allen and Williams, spend it on some FA's coming off their first contracts...

T. Knighton-4ys 20M
    G. Dorsey 3M per year

1. K. Allen
    2.*
    2.C. Patterson

Ponder
    AD
    Rudolph
    Kalil
    Warmack
    Sully
    Fusco/Shwartz
    Loadholt

Robison
    Knighton
    G. Dorsey
    Griffin/Anash
    Grimes
    Cook
    Winfield nickel
    H. Smith
    L. Delmas

For the sake of keeping it a draft disscusion I will not mention anything about QB's. With this plan the WR's get a huge upgrade, so does the secondary. The offensive line gets nasty, and we don't lose much production from the D line. The only thing I haven't addressed is LB's but to be honest I'm not a good LB judge.
    We just signed Letroy Guion to a 3 year 9 million dollar deal. I believe only 3 million is guaranteed but we still have money invested here.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash

T. Knighton-4ys 20M
    G. Dorsey 3M per year

1. K. Allen
    2.*
    2.C. Patterson

Ponder
    AD
    Rudolph
    Kalil
    Warmack
    Sully
    Fusco/Shwartz
    Loadholt

Robison
    Knighton
    G. Dorsey
    Griffin/Anash
    Grimes
    Cook
    Winfield nickel
    H. Smith
    L. Delmas

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    We just signed Letroy Guion to a 3 year 9 million dollar deal. I believe only 3 million is guaranteed but we still have money invested here.
    Tom Pelissero has mentioned in the past that he's positive that Kevin Williams' last year of his contract (which would be next year, 2013) voids and makes him a free-agent next year. He has been going down-hill but those are still big shoes to fill. I think that Guion and especially Ballard are more suited to take over Kevin Williams' role.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Tom Pelissero has mentioned in the past that he's positive that Kevin Williams' last year of his contract (which would be next year, 2013) voids and makes him a free-agent next year. He has been going down-hill but those are still big shoes to fill. I think that Guion and especially Ballard are more suited to take over Kevin Williams' role.
    If his contract voids and we let him hit the FA market would we be eligible for a compensation pick?

vCash
    But staying on topic, I still don't see us taking a guard in the first round. If we aren't going to go DT we will probably go WR or LB. Even though we have had a decent season there are still plenty of holes that need to be filled. Trading away our impact players for "hope and potential" in the draft is never a good idea in my opinion.

And to your free agents, I like them all and think they would find a place on our team. However, lets see how the market shapes out first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    But staying on topic, I still don't see us taking a guard in the first round. If we aren't going to go DT we will probably go WR or LB. Even though we have had a decent season there are still plenty of holes that need to be filled. Trading away our impact players for "hope and potential" in the draft is never a good idea in my opinion.

And to your free agents, I like them all and think they would find a place on our team. However, lets see how the market shapes out first.
    Your probably right that they won't look for a G in round 1. Speilman thinks he can pick those up later in the draft. Im all for WR in rd. 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I hope he does become a FA. I'm not a huge fan of Ballard or Guion anymore...The in house guy I do like is F. Evans but only for about 1/3 of the plays. I'd like to see some new faces in the front 7 next year.

vCash
    I hope he does become a FA. I'm not a huge fan of Ballard or Guion anymore...The in house guy I do like is F. Evans but only for about 1/3 of the plays. I'd like to see some new faces in the front 7 next year.
    Evans is a good backup, so is Guion but both him and Ballard are more suited to be used in the interior pass rushing role that Kevin Williams does now vs a run-stopping NT. Guion is going to stay with the team, I don't really see why we wouldn't re-sign Evans for good depth. We will get a compensatory pick for Kevin Williams but don't expect it to be much (6th maybe) since nobody is going to give him a huge contract since he's slowing down now.

I would be a fan of keeping Williams if we draft somebody new to start and keep him fresh by reducing his snaps. I think he can still be a terror if he's someone we only put out there for passing downs.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I really like the Tavon Austin idea. He's a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. He would be a lot like T.Y. Hilton that plays up in Indy, but I think Austin's a tad bit faster.

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast