Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Let me ask you guys this...is Dwayne Bowe and Jarius Wright better than having Harvin alone? I'd say yes...maybe, lol. You could have Bowe at WR1, Wright in the slot, and then you could resign Simpson to play WR2. Or bring in a guy like Darious Heywood Bey to play WR2.
    I think you bring up a great point that the team needs to figure out this offseason. Value for Harvin in a trade will probably help clarify his future. A couple other things to consider going forward with say Bowe and Wright is why did we win more games without Harvin? Also why did Ponder show positive strides without Harvin. Lastly would AP have seen as many touches and been able to carry the team with Harvin in the lineup?

I personally really love Harvin's playing style. He has freakish quickness and speed along with surprising power. But these questions have to be considered in looking at the Harvin situation. Another point to consider if we would get a 2nd round pick for Harvin would it not be exciting to be able to have more picks to upgrade talent at postions of need. G, LB, S, CB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    I think you bring up a great point that the team needs to figure out this offseason. Value for Harvin in a trade will probably help clarify his future. A couple other things to consider going forward with say Bowe and Wright is why did we win more games without Harvin? Also why did Ponder show positive strides without Harvin. Lastly would AP have seen as many touches and been able to carry the team with Harvin in the lineup?

I personally really love Harvin's playing style. He has freakish quickness and speed along with surprising power. But these questions have to be considered in looking at the Harvin situation. Another point to consider if we would get a 2nd round pick for Harvin would it not be exciting to be able to have more picks to upgrade talent at postions of need. G, LB, S, CB?
    I agree. You take the situation, and look at what the Vikes would pay the man IF we kept him? H### of a lot of money. Worth it? Heck ya, if you had the same dude every Sun. Look, we got lucky getting one of the best WR's of all time in Chris Carter but remember Viking Fans, that Carter left the Eagles because of off field issues and other stuff.
    Thing is, Harvin stays, and draft another WR and keep Simpson.
    or trade Harvin for 2 picks, sign a FA
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I like Matt Elam alot more than Zeke Motta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post

Ponder had some good games with Harvin too, I like Ponder more than most people do, but I'll be the first to say that his performance had a lot more to do with why our offense sucked than Harvin's did, and if Harvin was on the sidelines demanding that he be thrown all of those screen passes, our OC and HC should both be fired for to him.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I like Matt Elam alot more than Zeke Motta
    Problem with Elam is that he's a late 1st round ou early second round and motta is like an early 4th round and we've got bigger needs then safety in those early rounds
    Last edited by willoull; 01-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Right now I really like Chance Warmack. Remember David DeCastro was a lock to be a top 15 pick and he fell all the way to the Steelers at 24. I think if Warmack is available when we are picking he would be the best player available and we should snatch him up. The left side of our offensive line would be set for years.

I think one of our biggest problems last season was the interior of our offensive line getting knocked around to much. Fusco struggled for a good portion of the season as he struggled with technique issues and Charlie Johnson just isn't very good. Solidifying the interior of the line not only would help create a better and more stable pocket for Ponder but it will give AP more running lanes inside. Plus with guys like Suh, Raji, and Henry Melton in our own division, we need somebody to neutralize these tackles.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 01-08-2013 at 04:16 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I say we sign Andy Levitre away from Buffalo. This gives us a stellar left side of the O-line and I think Schwartz can be a fine RG for us. With OG taken care of, we can draft Ogletree or possibly even Manti now in the 1st round.

2nd round we address WR and 3rd round we take the best DT available. We also need to get another CB in here because AJ Jefferson is depth material and I never want to see Marcus Sherels playing corner ever again haha.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I say we sign Andy Levitre away from Buffalo. This gives us a stellar left side of the O-line and I think Schwartz can be a fine RG for us. With OG taken care of, we can draft Ogletree or possibly even Manti now in the 1st round.

2nd round we address WR and 3rd round we take the best DT available. We also need to get another CB in here because AJ Jefferson is depth material and I never want to see Marcus Sherels playing corner ever again haha.
    Andy Levitre | Guard

Impending free agent LG Andy Levitre made it clear while cleaning out his locker on Monday that he intends to shop for the best offer on the market this offseason.
    The Bills opened preliminary talks in the offseason, but they went nowhere. A picture of durability on an oft-injured offensive line, Levitre has started 64 consecutive games since entering the league as the 51st overall pick in the 2009 draft. Levitre is Rotoworld's No. 1 ranked guard on the market this year. He should attract plenty of suitors if the Bills don't re-sign him before free agency kicks off.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We should draft Jesse Williams (DT) from Alabama and reform the Williams Wall lol

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Ok so who is the BEST WR in this draft,,,I dont follow it much but who is it...Its apparent now Harvin is not going anywhere..good,,,now we need our true No 1 WR and we are set for Ponders weapons. We need to get atleat one stud at the Guard position and then our Offense is good to go but I am thinking maybe going back to WR as my 1st rnd pick and maybe trading up to get one of the best if needs be but who would that be.

vCash
    Sounds good, a sturdy LG will help us forget all about Charlie Johnson and his ineptitude. And Jesse Williams would be awesome, that guy is a monster. Too bad we won't be anywhere near drafting Star Lotulelei cuz that is a biiiiig boy. haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Ok so who is the BEST WR in this draft,,,I dont follow it much but who is it...Its apparent now Harvin is not going anywhere..good,,,now we need our true No 1 WR and we are set for Ponders weapons. We need to get atleat one stud at the Guard position and then our Offense is good to go but I am thinking maybe going back to WR as my 1st rnd pick and maybe trading up to get one of the best if needs be but who would that be.
    I think the best overall receiver right now is Keenan Allen but guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Justin Hunter have more raw upside. Allen is probably the safest pick but there seem to be a lot of guys who could be boom or bust picks.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I am guessing Levitre will be looking at 6 million + per year in base salary which would make it tough to justify signing him. Yes, we could cut Charlie Johnson and save 3.5 million a year but I just don't see it. It would be a lot more affordable to just draft a guard in the 3rd or 4th round in my opinion.

vCash
    I'm telling you guys we need to draft Cordarrelle Patterson he's a wide reciever from Tennessee. I'm calling it now he will be the most productive wide out from this draft.
    Last edited by LT.CARDWISIE; 01-08-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

vCash
    That probably is the case, but during the combine and offseason he probably will shoot up into the top 15 and close to top 10 territory, I highly doubt WRs are going that late come April.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast