Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Warmack's a lock to be a Top 10-15 pick now after this game guys...A realistic pick out of the Bama O-lineman though is Barrett Jones. I'm becoming a fan of him and putting him at Right Guard.

vCash
    Barrett Jones is a beast.

KALIL-WOMACK-SULLIVAN-JONES-LOADHOLT

I WOULD PEE MY PANTS

REMEMBER JONES CAN PLAY ALL 3 POSITIONS

CUTLER, RODGERS, AND STAFFORD. MEET THE BARR EXAM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    Warmack's a lock to be a Top 10-15 pick now after this game guys...A realistic pick out of the Bama O-lineman though is Barrett Jones. I'm becoming a fan of him and putting him at Right Guard.
    Damn!!! You beat me too it

vCash
    Would u guys be mad if we traded down a few spots and then drafted robert woods from usc?

vCash
    Honestly Robert Woods stock took a huge hit this year and we might can possibly sit back and wait for him in the 2nd round but I doubt that. We'd most likely have to trade to early in the 2nd to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biglows27 View Post
    Would u guys be mad if we traded down a few spots and then drafted robert woods from usc?
    2nd round, said he would be one of my targets there earlier...

vCash
    Warmack looked great last night. I did feel sorry for My guy Motta. I did feel like he did not do all that bad really. He had some good tackles and got right through the line on his blitz but did miss a few as did TE'O. I honestly thought Motta was the best player on ND's D.
    I watched every snap Motta had. His coverage was not that bad too. Throughout the year as a whole, Motta to me is still a great prospect at SS. He is always around the ball and is a good tackler. I don't know why he missed so many and neither did the commentators. He would still be a great player to pick up in the 3-4th rounds.
    He had 16 freakn tackles and a pass def in the game. Imagine if he made all of them. He never got beat in coverage. Almost did on that deep ball.

MIAMI — Zeke Motta's name was called early — and often — for making defensive plays in the BCS National Championship, and he would finish as Notre Dame's tackle leader.

Motta, however, took no pleasure from his defensive stats in a game Alabama (13-1) dominated from start to finish, winning its second straight BCS title — its third in four years — with a convincing 42-14 victory over Notre Dame (12-1).

Motta, the former Vero Beach High School standout, was credited with 16 total tackles — seven unassisted and nine assists — from his starting safety position. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o finished with 10 total tackles.

And as he took his Irish uniform off for the final time inside the team's locker room afterward, one teammate after another came over to thank Motta for his leadership and contributions to Notre Dame's football program.

"Obviously, it is tough to go out like that," said Motta, who appeared in every Notre Dame game during his four-year career. "I think that we had a great season leading up to this point. And (Monday night), we had a great opportunity and we did not execute on defense. I don't think it is on one (defensive) player or another — it's always a team thing.

"I'm proud to say that I have grown, evolved and represented the school the best I could, but (Monday night) that wasn't on display. We would have liked to put a better foot forward, but you have to give all the credit to Alabama. They have great running backs and a great offensive line. You have to start fast and finish strong and that didn't happen for us."

Alabama's balanced offense had 529 total yards — 265 rushing and 264 passing. Crimson Tide quarterback A.J. McCarron was 20 of 28 passing with no interceptions and four touchdown passes, while running back Eddie Lacy ran for 145 yards and teammate T.J. Yeldon 110 more.

Notre Dame entered the game as the only Football Bowl Subdivision school to not allow a touchdown drive longer than 75 yards during the regular season. In its 28-point win, Alabama had four (82, 80, 97 and 86 yards) scoring drives of 80 yards or better.

Alabama also was a lopsided winner in time of possession — 38:13 to Notre Dame's 21:47.

"That was a clinic. Alabama has a great team," said Bill Motta, the head football coach at St. Edward's, his son's defensive coordinator for his four years at Vero Beach High School and one of 80,120 fans who watched the BCS National Championship at Sun Life Stadium.

Zeke Motta said he will now focus on the upcoming NFL Combine Feb. 20 through 26 in Indianapolis.

"Right now I am going to prepare to get drafted and pursue a career in the NFL," Motta said. "Hopefully I can take my game to the next level. I know everyone says it, but I am going to grow from what I have learned at Notre Dame and use that to help me become the best I can be.

"That is what Notre Dame instills in people.

If we don't take him, someone will have a great SS. My vote goes to drafting Zeke. Great player.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    Matta looks awful... Sorry to the guy that likes him but he is not playing that great in coverage and is making the tackles that are given to him. He missed a key drive ending tackle in the backfield earlier. I'll give him the rest of the game though.

I am drooling over C.J Mosley right now though.. He has played pretty well in coverage and had laid some nice hits in the running backs. Seems to struggle when he blitzed though... That can be fixed.
    He did not look awful at all. He missed a few tackles ya, but had 16 and a pass def. That was the best on the team, and the key drive tackle you was talking about was all on TE'O not Motta. go back and look at the tape. Motta did just fine in coverage. I saw only one shot down field where the bama player had both safeties beat and the guy was overthrown. other than that the guy is a stud. Very much like Smith was when he was there.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    He did not look awful at all. He missed a few tackles ya, but had 16 and a pass def. That was the best on the team, and the key drive tackle you was talking about was all on TE'O not Motta. go back and look at the tape. Motta did just fine in coverage. I saw only one shot down field where the bama player had both safeties beat and the guy was overthrown. other than that the guy is a stud. Very much like Smith was when he was there.
    Alabama attacked Notre Dame secondary and they succeded. Whoever that Wr from Alabama was making that db from notre dame his *****

vCash
    Don't worry bout it bro, you don't got to convince anyone here of anything but I will say I think some people forget that players are human and prone to mistakes. I've seen plenty a receiver get by Harrison Smith this year, but he's still a great player. Nobody is perfect all the time. No player has never had a bad game either. Every player that's ever played the game has been beat from time to time. It's not like we're talking about drafting the kid in the 1st round or anything... I still think Motta is a solid 2nd-3rd round pick. I'de say 3rd right now if we go WR in round 2 and BPA in round 1.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Don't worry bout it bro, you don't got to convince anyone here of anything but I will say I think some people forget that players are human and prone to mistakes. I've seen plenty a receiver get by Harrison Smith this year, but he's still a great player. Nobody is perfect all the time. No player has never given up a big play. Every player that's ever played the game has been beat from time to time. It's not like we're talking about drafting the kid in the 1st round or anything... I still think Motta is a solid 2nd-3rd round pick.
    Who was that Wr from Alabama that was killing notre dame secondary?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Who was that Wr from Alabama that was killing notre dame secondary?
    That would be Amari Cooper I believe. He is definitely quickly becoming a star but IIRC he's only a freshman so it'll be awhile before he enters the NFL. He had exactly 1000 yards and 11 TDs this year which is pretty good considering the Tide run the ball so damn effectively.

vCash
    I am a big Notre Dame fan so I have seen him the last few years, so I am not just saying that based on just last nights game. Just wanted to make sure you know that when I say he looked awful its nothing against you at all!

There are some good thing Motta does on the field but there are also some very bad things I notice with him. He is good at tackling which is key for any safety. I got a little upset last night when he missed Lacy behind the line of scrimmage on what should have been an easy tackle but I am over that. He is a good tackler. He is also good at playing receivers that stay in front of him. He is not someone who is going to come up and intercept many balls, but if a receiver catches the ball in front of him he won't let them break free.

The bad I see with him are receivers that get beat, he has a hard time getting back there to make a play. The biggest thing you don't want player is someone who is limited physically and Motta really struggles to get his hips around. Last night there were multiple occasions Motta was beat because he couldn't get to where he needed to be. I won't harp on him that much for this until I see what he runs in the 40 next month.

At the end of the day I think it might come down to the fact that the Vikings need a ball hawk at safety more than another Harrison Smith. Harrison make plays on the ball when they come to him, but he isn't breaking on routes and picking off balls. That is what I think the Vikings need.

vCash
    Problem is ball hawk safeties are the rarest ones... Last one to come out was probably Earl Thomas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I am a big Notre Dame fan so I have seen him the last few years, so I am not just saying that based on just last nights game. Just wanted to make sure you know that when I say he looked awful its nothing against you at all!

There are some good thing Motta does on the field but there are also some very bad things I notice with him. He is good at tackling which is key for any safety. I got a little upset last night when he missed Lacy behind the line of scrimmage on what should have been an easy tackle but I am over that. He is a good tackler. He is also good at playing receivers that stay in front of him. He is not someone who is going to come up and intercept many balls, but if a receiver catches the ball in front of him he won't let them break free.

The bad I see with him are receivers that get beat, he has a hard time getting back there to make a play. The biggest thing you don't want player is someone who is limited physically and Motta really struggles to get his hips around. Last night there were multiple occasions Motta was beat because he couldn't get to where he needed to be. I won't harp on him that much for this until I see what he runs in the 40 next month.

At the end of the day I think it might come down to the fact that the Vikings need a ball hawk at safety more than another Harrison Smith. Harrison make plays on the ball when they come to him, but he isn't breaking on routes and picking off balls. That is what I think the Vikings need.
    I agree dude, all of what you said. I did not take it wrong what you said. I'm not trying to convince anyone here about Motta. I just feel like he would be a steal, esp if we could lock him up in the bottom third or fourth.
    I do feel like his 40 time will not be all that great, slower than Harrison smith for sure, but man I do love both of their styles of play. I do feel like he has alot of growing to do.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast