Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    LB has to be addressed and DT on D and depth with our CB's and SS. Sanford played well this year, but we can get a far better impact player than him. Green way is the only bright spot with our LB's. Brinkley and Henderson do not work what so ever. I like what Evans did for us at DT but the rest are unimpressive we need to retool that line.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    So wide receiver is clearly the #1 position we need to address but which position is next? Upgrades at guard, defensive tackle, middle line backer and safety are needed. I think I would be defensive tackle next. Kevin Williams is 33 and Guion is decent but we need some younger, better talent there. I would be safety 3rd. Jamarca Sanford had an expectantly solid season and Mistral Raymond is decent but I feel like we need a play maker back there. We didn't record many ints and while Harrison Smith is a really good safety too, he doesn't register many take aways. Plus with Rodgers and Stafford in our division, we need all the help in the back end we can get. I think we can survive another season with Brinkley in the middle if we get some help at defensive tackle. I'm not a huge fan of either Charlie Johnson or Brandon Fusco so I think guard would be 4th.
    I'm not a regular here but watching the team and knowing Harvin returns, why is this considered the #1 priority by everyone? Surely they'll extend him.

I could see a veteran safety to join Smith but not another rookie. LB's need to be quicker and able to cover better. DLine could use a young DT - agreed.

Will they resign Loadholt? That's a big question and one that should be wrapped up immediately. Interior OL could be upgraded and I think we all can see the need for a real veteran backup QB. OL should be higher than simply a 4th as replacing mediocrity with medoicrity doesn't get it done.

I see OL and DT as the first two picks in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I'm not a regular here but watching the team and knowing Harvin returns, why is this considered the #1 priority by everyone? Surely they'll extend him.

I could see a veteran safety to join Smith but not another rookie. LB's need to be quicker and able to cover better. DLine could use a young DT - agreed.

Will they resign Loadholt? That's a big question and one that should be wrapped up immediately. Interior OL could be upgraded and I think we all can see the need for a real veteran backup QB. OL should be higher than simply a 4th as replacing mediocrity with medoicrity doesn't get it done.

I see the same a Guard in the first and then a DT in the Second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post

That's only going to work if we land a real stud WR in FA. Just Harvin himself is not enough to fix our passing game, as evidenced by what happened this year.

I think Loadholt will be back. He's had his issues but I don't see us being in a position to get anybody better than him, and even if we are, drafting a new RT means that we can't use that pick on a Guard or another (arguably greater) need.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think the whole team Zigy, Spielman, and Frasier see what they need and thats a WR to go along with Harvin. Man everyone on here is just speculating on Harvin and him almost certainly leaving, things will calm down over the remainder of the season, if there even is "Real" problems. We are going to make a huge splash in FA and it will be on a WR, dont be suprised if Sage is back aswell. Who the WR is I dont know but its obvious we need to give our franchise QB some true QB weapons and not just our TE and RB.

Speaking of AP look for him to be a huge selling point, cause even with Harvin and Kyle that WR is going to get dream opportunities all game long,,,even with AP getting as many carries as he does,,,the funny thing is AP wont need as many carries in a game and still get the same numbers cause our passing game will be enough to not only sustain drives but keep AP fresh, and more likely healthy along with pulling guys out of the Box. Do you really thing any single team in the NFL will put 9 in the box if we have Harvin and Bowe(example) on the field at the same time...We would go right back to the 98 or 09 Vikings of "Pick Your Poison" on how you want us to beat you.

And with that WR pickup the only thing on Offense we need to draft is a G and do it with our first Pick, heck even trade up and try to get the best one you can...Steve Hutch type guy to lengthen the careers of AP and Ponder....Draft D the rest of the Draft after that.
    Last edited by Coenthar; 01-07-2013 at 09:46 AM.

vCash
    Right now I'm liking the idea of grabbing Jake Matthews, RT, Texas A&M or Chance Warmack, G, Alabama unless a super star can't miss prospect like Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame falls to #23 or maybe like the 9-15 range where we could trade up to. It's not that costly to trade up in the first round now, the rookie pay scalemakes teams more willing to wheel and deal on draft day. Jacksonville did to move up and get the draft's top WR in Justin Blackmon simply by swapping first round picks with Tampa Bay and gave up a 4th round pick (101st overall) to move up from #7 to #5 to select Blackmon. If swapping two spots in the top 10 costs only a 4th round pick it should mean we could move up from 23rd to about the 15 range for the same 4th round pick, maybe even higher. Since the Vikings made that trade with Detroit in giving up a 5th round pick and getting in return their 2013 4th round pick we now have ammunition to offer our 1st round pick and our 4th round pick to jump up to the top 15 or so range and grab a player like a Te'o or somebody else that may be falling a bit in the draft. A top 15 talent is usually a immediate impactful player as a rookie. I'de rather go get a guy who's a safer pick to pan out and one that can come in right away and make a difference then to be content by sitting still at 23 and taking who comes to us. Not that you cannot find a impactful player at 23 though.

If they do end up sitting still at 23 I hope one of those two lineman I mentioned earlier are there and that's who they'll pick. They both are going to be great pros and both should give us that immediate impact. Warmack in particular has the potential to quickly become the best guard in the NFL in a few short years. That kind of upside is rare, it's special and while guards seldom have a chance to go in the top 15, he however has a shot because he's a special talent. Alabama's Chance Warmack is one of the top overall prospects in this draft actually. One of the safer picks I'de say. It’s not very often we see a true offensive guard as highly-regarded by scouts. A wide-bodied, powerful blocker who generates a push in the running game but also shows surprising athleticism, Warmack can anchor at the point of attack in pass protection but is at his best clearing holes in the run game. This wouldn’t be a sexy choice for a team that needs receiver help but Warmack would step directly into the starting lineup and stay there for the next decade. Plus I just don't think you can go wrong selecting first round lineman. San Francisco has a bunch of first round lineman and now there line is consistently dominant. We're going to be based around Peterson and running the ball for a long time, we should build the team to suit our strengths and draft one of these two guys in the first round.

I'm not okay with giving up on Ponder until we give him a true #1 WR but I'm way not okay with reaching and taking a WR at 23 just because it's our top priority. I don't feel Keenan Allen is any better than DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson or Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee at all. Then there are even those guys who fell a bit this season like Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee and Robert Woods, WR, USC who could still end up being better pros despite being lower round picks on draft day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Right now I'm liking the idea of grabbing Jake Matthews, RT, Texas A&M or Chance Warmack, G, Alabama unless a super star can't miss prospect like Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame falls to #23 or maybe like the 9-15 range where we could trade up to. It's not that costly to trade up in the first round now, the rookie pay scalemakes teams more willing to wheel and deal on draft day. Jacksonville did to move up and get the draft's top WR in Justin Blackmon simply by swapping first round picks with Tampa Bay and gave up a 4th round pick (101st overall) to move up from #7 to #5 to select Blackmon. If swapping two spots in the top 10 costs only a 4th round pick it should mean we could move up from 23rd to about the 15 range for the same 4th round pick, maybe even higher. Since the Vikings made that trade with Detroit in giving up a 5th round pick and getting in return their 2013 4th round pick we now have ammunition to offer our 1st round pick and our 4th round pick to jump up to the top 15 or so range and grab a player like a Te'o or somebody else that may be falling a bit in the draft. A top 15 talent is usually a immediate impactful player as a rookie. I'de rather go get a guy who's a safer pick to pan out and one that can come in right away and make a difference then to be content by sitting still at 23 and taking who comes to us. Not that you cannot find a impactful player at 23 though.

If they do end up sitting still at 23 I hope one of those two lineman I mentioned earlier are there and that's who they'll pick. They both are going to be great pros and both should give us that immediate impact. Warmack in particular has the potential to quickly become the best guard in the NFL in a few short years. That kind of upside is rare, it's special and while guards seldom have a chance to go in the top 15, he however has a shot because he's a special talent. Alabama's Chance Warmack is one of the top overall prospects in this draft actually. One of the safer picks I'de say. It’s not very often we see a true offensive guard as highly-regarded by scouts. A wide-bodied, powerful blocker who generates a push in the running game but also shows surprising athleticism, Warmack can anchor at the point of attack in pass protection but is at his best clearing holes in the run game. This wouldn’t be a sexy choice for a team that needs receiver help but Warmack would step directly into the starting lineup and stay there for the next decade. Plus I just don't think you can go wrong selecting first round lineman. San Francisco has a bunch of first round lineman and now there line is consistently dominant. We're going to be based around Peterson and running the ball for a long time, we should build the team to suit our strengths and draft one of these two guys in the first round.

I'm not okay with giving up on Ponder until we give him a true #1 WR but I'm way not okay with reaching and taking a WR at 23 just because it's our top priority. I don't feel Keenan Allen is any better than DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson or Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee at all. Then there are even those guys who fell a bit this season like Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee and Robert Woods, WR, USC who could still end up being better pros despite being lower round picks on draft day.
    Love the post,,,totally agree to trade up and grab a to good to pass up type of guy...But I agree play to our teams strong points and that would be to assemble the best rushing offensive line ever assembled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    That's only going to work if we land a real stud WR in FA. Just Harvin himself is not enough to fix our passing game, as evidenced by what happened this year.
    Correct me if I'm wrong... Harvin was leading the league in catches and all-purpose yards through 9 weeks and looking like a MVP candidate way before Peterson this year.

I agree though. Harvin alone is not enough for Ponder to succeed as a QB.

I think the Vikings should try for Bowe but it doesn't sound like that's feasible. Keeping Harvin and signing Bowe is just not going to happen. I think there are other mediocre receiver talents out there but if we don't get Bowe, Wallace, or Jennings I say screw em' and go with the draft. Not first round, but second. Plenty of talented receivers we can get and try to develop. It would mean the passing attack won't be fixed next year, as it would if we had Bowe, but you don't need to have a big name to go and play big in the NFL. You never know what your going to get out of somebody so maybe, just maybe we can find that next good receiver or at least a few that can contribute as rookies.

vCash
    I wouldn't be too sure on us not Keeping Harvin and then trying to land Bowe, we might have some money freed up this offseason and then that only leaves up to draft a day one difference making Guard in the first and our Offense is very hard to stop...then you can go and draft Defense the rest of the way getting a NT, MLB,,,Kevins Replacement and so on.

vCash
    Well I just keep thinking back to that little nugget,
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I remember hearing this when the Steelers had the issue of trying to resign both Mike Wallance and Antonio Brown but no team in the NFL has two wide receivers making 10 million or more. I don't see the Vikings becoming the first team.
    If we could some how work it out it would be awesome. Harvin is unique and special but not enough alone (for Ponder* to succeed) and Bowe would give us a go-to receiver and allow Harvin to go H.A.M. with less focus on himself. Sure it might be a luxury to have those two good receivers for a offense that doesn't pass it enough and is so focused on running but we need to change that or at least be able to pass when we want/need to. Why can't we become a passing offense that also rips off long runs, saves Peterson for the fourth QTR when we have a lead and nobody wants to run with him/tackle him. Keep him fresh and around for years. As much as I want to see the offense focus on him next year and have him rush for 2,500 I just think improving the passing offense will result in more wins and make us a much more dangerous team.

Try to sign Bowe/Wallace. If not ink Harvin long term. In the draft improve the defense and interior line. Make it stronger, tougher, nastier, more physical and then let AP loose to run. Don't draft a receiver til second round, or trade back into the first like we did with Harrison Smith's successively. I'm confident in Spielman, he's got a plan and I know they'll execute it to perfection on draft day. Don't be surprised if there are a ton of smokescreens from now til then though.... Remember after all he wanted to pick Morris Claiborne over Matt Kalil so bad last year :P

vCash
    I thought we were picking #22 in the draft? Thats what i was reading yesterday

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Well I just keep thinking back to that little nugget,

If we could some how work it out it would be awesome. Harvin is unique and special but not enough alone (for Ponder* to succeed) and Bowe would give us a go-to receiver and allow Harvin to go H.A.M. with less focus on himself. Sure it might be a luxury to have those two good receivers for a offense that doesn't pass it enough and is so focused on running but we need to change that or at least be able to pass when we want/need to. Why can't we become a passing offense that also rips off long runs, saves Peterson for the fourth QTR when we have a lead and nobody wants to run with him/tackle him. Keep him fresh and around for years. As much as I want to see the offense focus on him next year and have him rush for 2,500 I just think improving the passing offense will result in more wins and make us a much more dangerous team.

Try to sign Bowe/Wallace. If not ink Harvin long term. In the draft improve the defense and interior line. Make it stronger, tougher, nastier, more physical and then let AP loose to run. Don't draft a receiver til second round, or trade back into the first like we did with Harrison Smith's successively. I'm confident in Spielman, he's got a plan and I know they'll execute it to perfection on draft day. Don't be surprised if there are a ton of smokescreens from now til then though.... Remember after all he wanted to pick Morris Claiborne over Matt Kalil so bad last year :P
    Really this is going to be the difference between AP being Barry Sanders 2.0 and us winning a Super Bowl. I said it before, and was almost proven wrong this year, but we can't just load the team up on to AP's back and getting him to carry us home. As amazing as this year has been, the guy IS human and he will wear down eventually. I don't want to marginalize him, but getting a REAL passing threat for this team can really maximize his effectiveness, even if he isn't running for 2100+ yards next year. I'd trade that for 13 or so regular season wins + a first round bye with home field advantage, and I think AP would too.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    People keep talking about us signing Harvin. I just don't see that happening. I honestly believe there is no way he will be here next year.
    IF we did resign him, he will be one of our highest paid if not the highest paid.
    Now, how does that measure up for the team that is rebuilding?
    Just look at what would be better:

1. you keep Harvin and pay him a sh## ton a cash.

2. Trade him, get two picks out of the deal, and sign a FA like Bowe, Wallace, Barden, D-Nelson.

Lets say we did get a 1st rounder and a fourth, or a high second, and a third.
    Just look at the impact Harrison smith has had for the team, With how well Spielman is drafting, I would let him keep bringing in the young talent.
    As far as free agents go, I don't like what he brings in too much but as far as draft picks go Spielman has been great.
    one way or another our D-line will be fixed this year, our O-line will be alot better by drafting a Great Guard to put next to Kalil, and all the other spots will be upgraded.

To me, our biggest needs are: G 1st, MLB, WR, DT, SS, cb, p,
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    I thought we were picking #22 in the draft? Thats what i was reading yesterday
    I wish man! We ended up with the 23rd pick because we had the toughest schedule out of the 10-6 wildcard teams that lost. The only reason that the Colts are picking at #24 is because they won 11 games this season.

vCash
    Hey guys, tough end to an exciting season. I watched that game twice so far once watching offense and then D.

1) Kevin Williams got absolutely anihilated.
    2) Brinkley and Hendo have no idea what to do when the other team passes.
    3) our Guards are atrocious and get to much praise for good play from Kalil Sully and Loadholt.
    4) Wr is a need.

I honestly think our offense will be fine if we draft or sign 1 we or sign/draft one G but I don't see us drafting a wr in round 1 or 2.
    Defense what a great suprise this year. Still holes but Robinson and Smith are awesome additions. Although suspect I think Jefferson will improve he's young and we run a very diff system than AZ.

I think the vikes need to seriously consider the lb position. Unfortunately there is only unfortunately only 1 game changing lb in Te'o. If we plan on rolling with our lbs Dt needs to be addressed! If John Jenkins is there at our pick I like him in purple. He can clog the middle on the run game and is a good athlete for his size.
    Minnesota Vikings

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast