Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    I was actually watching Robert Woods very closely in their bowl game against Ga Tech yesterday, he had a lot of drops but most of the balls were very inaccurate because the backup to Matt Barkley was awful! It was pretty hard to evaluate him based on the horrible QB play. I would've liked to have seen him step up though in spite of the poor QB play. If I was Spielman I'd have Keenan Allen from Cal ahead of him on our board though. Maybe we can luck up and sit and wait to snag him in the 2nd round.
    As of today I think the WR big board should be:

Keenan Allen
    Terrance Williams
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Justin Hunter
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Da'Rick Rodgers

Considering that we are moving down in the draft every week I think we need to seriously look at both linebacker, and cornerback at the end of the first round since I see a lot of value there. Alec Ogletree would be nice in the middle of the field and I could see Xavier Rhodes or Jordan Poyer being great cover corners that we could still use. Taking best player available in the first is usually the way to go. Free agency and the combine will change a lot too.

vCash
    I like the idea of drafting Denard Robinson as a WR/KR in the 5th or 6th round. He has big play ability, but is really raw...these are the type of players I love taking late in drafts. Huge upside vs the downfall of missing on a 5th round pick. And I think his type of play would fit perfectly on this teams offense...short swing passes to him, and then let his speed do the work.

vCash
    We should look at getting the best G in the draft,,,,do Defense in the later rounds. I say we draft Two G's and a WR and move up if needed to get the best G of the draft. Our d is good for this next season, Josh will get more time and our LBs are starting to look real good, and I wish we could Beef up Robison to play T and then keep Everson on the field at all times with Allen. We need to build the best line in football for AP and Ponder. If we build this line we just have to Re-sign Harvin and we are set right now at WR..I think we ALL jumped the gun on calling Simpson a bust and Mike just like last year still is making plays on 3rd down. Simpson, Harvin, and Wright,,,and hopefully Moss back would round out a good WR corp in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    As of today I think the WR big board should be:

Keenan Allen
    Terrance Williams
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Justin Hunter
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Da'Rick Rodgers
    i love this board... just one change... Da'Rick should be #1. there is really no doubt that he is the most talented... its the character issues (just pot smoking... not domestic violence) that have people running scared.

think about our last 2 1st round WR draft picks:

Rice and Harvin (assuming Percy leaves) would have only lasted their rookie contracts. Rice... the "outstanding human being" left for caaaaassssshhhhh. Harvin, the insubordinate diva, wants out. until there is more on this situation... i dont really know enough to say anything other than that.

point is... both were good/great while they were here during their rookie contracts, but would have moved on. rookie contracts are cheep now... and if a "character issue guy" gets an infraction or 2... no worries... let the 2nd contract team worry about it

Da'Rick is a beast... draft him before someone else does!!! if we are planning on taking a WR in the 1st round... it should be him. people are saying that he will drop to the 2nd-3rd bc of the history... dont chance drafting elsewhere in the 1st in anticipation of him being there in the 2nd.
    Last edited by wrizzo; 01-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    After this Harvin situation we are not drafting Rogers, and to be honest we really shouldn't. I think the guy that should be on the top is Terrence Williams and then Cordarrelle Patterson should be next, Keenan Allen intrigues me too but realistically one of these guys will be there in the first.

However long term for our defense we may be best off drafting a MLB or DT in the first and then WR later in the draft.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Here is my 2013 draft board so far. And this one includes a trade from Jacksonvile for Harvin for thier 2nd round pick and thier 4th round pick.

1st Jonathan Cooper- G.

2nd- Terrance Williams / Cordarrelle Patterson - WR

2nd- Sylvester Williams - DT

3rd- Shayne Skov- ILB

4th- Sean Porter- OLB

4th- Blidi Wreh-Wilson- CB

5th- Zeke Motta- SS

5th- Bacarri Rambo- FS

6th- Daniel McCullers- DT

6th -Quinn Sharp- P

7th - Mario Benavides- C

I believe that the Harvin trade will happen, but just don't know if it will be Jacksonville. Seems reasonable. Harvin is better than any WR in the draft.

I am becoming more and more of a fan of Jonathan Cooper at Guard and feel like he would be our best shot in the first.
    our second pick needs to be a WR. Dt has a very strong depth this year and we will get a good one with our third selection.
    Williams might bring back the Williams wall if we keep K-Will.
    Most people do not know Shayne Skov from Stanford, but look him up. Would make a great ILB next to Greenway.
    Sean porter out of Texas is an awsome all around OLB and a perfect fit here and would help make our LB core Very solid.
    the 6-2 Blidi wreh-Wilson is a great CB and was hurt but was a team capitan and a solid player before injury and has come back to form.
    then there is my hidden gem of the draft in Zeke Motta at ss out of ND
    Keep an eye on him and tell me he is not Harrison smith 2.0.
    Bacarri Rambo. Last year he had 1st round locked up then got a 4 games off for the start of this year. I still like the guy and kind of doubt he will be in this spot, but if he is would make for a strong depth pusher and starter at some point if not right away.
    Daniel McCullers. This dude is a mammoth. like 6-8 and a million pounds running a 5.4
    Big dude and worth picking up. had a very good year and if he is here, snach my man up Spielman
    Quinn Sharp. We need a Punter and he is the best on the board in his possition.
    Mario Benavides. He would add great depth and would be a solid guy to form into what the Vikes want.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Daniel0227; 01-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Here is what I'm hoping for out of our draft picks (1-5 at least):

1. Alec Ogletree- Replaces Brinkley at MLB. Ogletree's supreme athleticism will be a great benefit to our defense. We could even potentially replace Erin Henderson with Brinkley possibly.

2. Da'Rick Rogers- Highly talented but mistakes made off the field. Seems to have cleaned up his act. I don't believe he will make it to the bottom of the third round so we have to snag him now.

3. Best DT available- Kevin Williams is aging fast and our other DT's are rotational players at best.

4. The Honey Badger- Very talented, highly troubled. We take a flier in round 4 and hope he is a hidden gem.

5. Quinton Patton WR- Small school prospect but finding a diamond in the rough is half the fun of drafting.

I'm hoping we land an upgrade at LG through FA. We could also hope to sign Denario Alexander from SD, hopefully to replace either Simpson or Jenkins.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Not saying it's a must to draft ogletree but I saw him play in yesterday's bowl and I thought this guy could only be a good zone linebacker but from what iv'e seen he can hit and is a great downhill linebacker. I hope we draft him

vCash
    Thinking about it some more and wow so many good WRS in this draft class. Maybe draft a stud in the 1st who is the best available Guard, MLB, DT or Guard. I think we can find 2 really good wrs rds 2-4

vCash
    I was watching that FSU bowl game last night and they certainly have some large speedy WRs. Roddy Smith really stood out to me. The guy is 6'6 and 220. His stats aren't overly impressive but the guy looks like an athletic freak. I wouldn't mind taking him in round five or so (after we take a WR in round 1 or 2 of course).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    i love this board... just one change... Da'Rick should be #1. there is really no doubt that he is the most talented... its the character issues (just pot smoking... not domestic violence) that have people running scared.

think about our last 2 1st round WR draft picks:

Rice and Harvin (assuming Percy leaves) would have only lasted their rookie contracts. Rice... the "outstanding human being" left for caaaaassssshhhhh. Harvin, the insubordinate diva, wants out. until there is more on this situation... i dont really know enough to say anything other than that.

point is... both were good/great while they were here during their rookie contracts, but would have moved on. rookie contracts are cheep now... and if a "character issue guy" gets an infraction or 2... no worries... let the 2nd contract team worry about it

Da'Rick is a beast... draft him before someone else does!!! if we are planning on taking a WR in the 1st round... it should be him. people are saying that he will drop to the 2nd-3rd bc of the history... dont chance drafting elsewhere in the 1st in anticipation of him being there in the 2nd.

The year that we drafted Rice, we drafted AP in the first and Rice in the second.

vCash
    After all the reaches at WR last season: Jenkins, Quick, Hill no way in hell Da'Rick Rodgers goes in round 1 or mayb even 2...
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    I'd like more Patterson then Rodgers the guy seems to have too much problems. Let the jets draft him !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    After all the reaches at WR last season: Jenkins, Quick, Hill no way in hell Da'Rick Rodgers goes in round 1 or mayb even 2...
    (ladies and gentleman of the jury) this post (scares and) confuses me.

sorry... ^ that started as just "confuses", but then i thought about that SNL skit and i had to

are you saying you think Da'Rick is a reach in rounds 1 or 2? That he shouldnt be drafted until the 3rd round at the earliest? If he does drop into the 3rd round, it will only be bc of character concerns, not bc he isnt talented enough to warrant the higher pick.
    Last edited by wrizzo; 01-02-2013 at 11:25 PM.

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    (ladies and gentleman of the jury) this post (scares and) confuses me.

sorry... ^ that started as just "confuses", but then i thought about that SNL skit and i had to

are you saying you think Da'Rick is a reach in rounds 1 or 2? That he shouldnt be drafted until the 3rd round at the earliest? If he does drop into the 3rd round, it will only be bc of character concerns, not bc he isnt talented enough to warrant the higher pick.
    Nope, he's talking about how many of the somewhat questionable WRs drafted high last year like Brian Quick and Stephen Hill and AJ Jenkins, turned out to be absolutely worthless this year because they had a lot of trouble adapting to the NFL. Even the absolute money picks like Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd really didn't do so hot.

I may be a little biased in saying this but Jarius Wright, in terms of what he's been able to do and what its meant for our team, so far is one of the better WRs in that class.

All in all, this massive under performance from high drafted WRs means that teams will be less likely to reach in the future. I'm sure its not going to mean anything for the top guys like Keenan Allen, but it means that where a team drafted Brian Quick last year, they might more likely to pass on Da'Rick Rodgers because of how poorly some of these rookie WRs have played (or not played at all as it would be) in 2012.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast