Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Round 1, Pick 23: Sheldon Richardson, Alec Ogletree and Cordarelle Patterson are available. Who do we choose? I say Patterson because I would rather roll with the same group of DTs and LBs we had last year than face a whole new season with the same WRs.

Thoughts?
    pretty clever there...

I would say Patterson too but he won't be there.

Richardson won't either.

Hell Ogletree probably won't neither.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I think Hopkins is the most pro ready WR in this draft, so I'm totally on board with him being our first pick. He is a very polished route runner. I watched quite a few Clemson games to watch Sammy Watkins but everytime I did Hopkins was way more involved then Watkins.

Another good route runner is R. Woods, who is totally being underrated. Woods is another good route runner, great hands, and very, very fast in and out of his breaks. In the NFL that will mean separation.

Both Woods and Hopkins would make excellent split ends. That being said, I don't want to rely only on rookie WR's on the outside. So bringing in a Hopkins and a FA complement would suit me best.
    which means it'll be up to Ponder to manage to hit him in a quick strike offense. I agree. Woods is a guy I'de like to see at 52 and if we trade back from 23 or if both Allen and Patterson are gone I wouldn't mind taking Hopkins at all with our first pick. I was actually pretty high on him and low on Allen, but I thought to myself I was overhyping Hopkins and underhyping Allen so I changed a bit.

vCash
    I don't like what I've watched on T. Williams and Allen, when I see the ball going into the WR's body I don't trust their hands as much. That matters a lot more when you have a strong armed QB like T Jack or Vick...I just saw a lot of T. Williams video where he was the benefit of blown coverage's due to the offensive scheme...

One thing about Richardson and Floyd at DT, the G Warford from Kentucky did a nice job with both of them. He'd be a steal in rd. 2.

vCash
    I was on the "grab a WR in the first round guy" but now after all the Mike Wallace talk of us maybe signing him, I really see more of a need to get a Guard or DT or ILB with the first.
    Minter ILB, Cooper, or Warmack or Warford at Guard, or John Jenkins, or someone else at DT.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    pretty clever there...

I would say Patterson too but he won't be there.

Richardson won't either.

Hell Ogletree probably won't neither.

Man, there is gonna be no one left when we pick at 23! haha If that were the case, I would go with the recent trend on here and say we should trade down. Hopefully land someone like Hopkins.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    IMO keenan Allen is the most NFL ready WR. He's big, got good speed, solid route runner, YAC is a huge positive with him. We need to keep in mind that he had an awful QB his whole career at CAL. I love Hopkins, Patterson, Woods. But I see allen stepping in from day 1. He has some work to do no question, but his impact next year could be big.

But Cordarelle Pattersons upside is off the charts. I change my mind daily on who I want.

vCash
    Terrance Williams - WR - Bears

CBS Sports' Pete Prisco believes the Minnesota Vikings should select Baylor WR Terrance Williams in the first-round.
    Prisco mentioned the aging linebacker position as an area of need, but ultimately the Vikings need to give Adrian Peterson help on the offensive side of the ball. He added that a Calvin Johnson type receiver would help, but specifically meant a large body that can stretch the field. Williams put together a great 2012 season but has a history of questionable hands.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Sylvester Williams - DT - Tar Heels

UNC's Sylvester Williams is listed as Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay's second best DT in his updated big board.
    "Williams' standout showing at the Senior Bowl backed up a strong regular season, when he played faster than ever after shedding weight and getting fully healthy," McShay writes. The hefty defensive tackle checks in at No.11, two spots ahead of Florida's Sharrif Floyd and seven spots ahead of Missouri's Sheldon Richardson.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    I was on the "grab a WR in the first round guy" but now after all the Mike Wallace talk of us maybe signing him, I really see more of a need to get a Guard or DT or ILB with the first.
    Minter ILB, Cooper, or Warmack or Warford at Guard, or John Jenkins, or someone else at DT.
    Source on Wallace?
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    IF Terrrance Smith has questionable hands then i think we should stay away from him. We dont need another Troy Williamson.

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    If we draft at WR in the 1st I need him to be the WR that is going to make it easier for Ponder, Harvin, and AP. So he needs to have speed, he needs to be a legit deep threat, and he needs to have good hands with a big frame.

vCash
    I'm kind of on the fence about picking a WR in the 1st round because there's not really a standout guy this year. 1 WR that I have been impressed with though is Washington State's Marquess Wilson. He was projected last year as a late 1st or early 2nd round guy but he had a little standoff with Mike Leach. He comes with a little bit of baggage but he's the high risk high reward type of guy but his film is impressive. If we can get him somewhere in the 4th-5th round range he's going to be a steal IMO.

vCash
    Couldn't agree more. If we can't get patterson at 23 wait till round 2 for Wr and take Marquees in the 4th.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    What do you guys think about vikes maybe taking a look at Cris Carters son Duron Carter after the draft is over? looks like he is working hard to get into nfl and has great size looks like randy moss in a uni lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Vikings View Post
    What do you guys think about vikes maybe taking a look at Cris Carters son Duron Carter after the draft is over? looks like he is working hard to get into nfl and has great size looks like randy moss in a uni lol.
    I guess the potential is there but he didn't even get on the field with Alabama and FAU. If he's half of what his father was though we have a roster spot waiting for him. Pack your bags Stephen Burton.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast