Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Well regardless of if he's a true free agent or not there have been reports of him maybe not returning next season. That's what I meant, he's going to be gone soon which makes DT actually a pretty big need. Guion is not all that good and Evans hasn't proven nothing yet either.
    Are you sure about Evans. I thought he came on strong towards the end of the year.
    In the wildcard game he had 5 tackles in 13 run plays when he was in the game, including a 5 yard loss when he was in the backfield before Grant got the handoff.

That was a pretty big sack on 4 and 1 from the 1 yard line against the Texans.

I thought that Evans, Brinkley and Griffin really came on in the last 4 games.

I want Brinkley and Henderson back I don't think they were the reason we were 31st against the pass this year. I blame that on Jefferson and Sanford.

I want Evans to play more NT next year and be subbed out by Griffin on passing downs.

I'd like to see K. Williams replaced...we paid him to be a pass rusher and he no longer is....I say cut him and sign Sammy Lee Hill. He was graded as the 2nd best 4-3 DT in pass rushing, only behind Geno Atkins, a onetime backup...

I'm I alone ranking the needs at S and CB above DT and LB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Are you sure about Evans. I thought he came on strong towards the end of the year.
    In the wildcard game he had 5 tackles in 13 run plays when he was in the game, including a 5 yard loss when he was in the backfield before Grant got the handoff.

I want Brinkley and Henderson back I don't think they were the reason we were 31st against the pass this year. I blame that on Jefferson and Sanford.

I want Evans to play more NT next year and be subbed out by Griffin on passing downs.

I'd like to see K. Williams replaced...we paid him to be a pass rusher and he no longer is....I say cut him and sign Sammy Lee Hill. He was graded as the 2nd best 4-3 DT in pass rushing, only behind Geno Atkins, a onetime backup...

With talent like Smith, Cook, Robinson only going to get better versus guys like an aging KWill, Guion then non factors like Henderson and a so so Brinkley yes you probably are one of few with that ranking of needs

The pass D was ranked 24th which was an improvement on the season before, and would have been in the teens if Cook and Winfield would have been healthy all season.
    Last edited by dimgim; 01-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.

vCash

I think Sammie Lee Hill could be a nice FA addtion depending on what he wants for $$. As far as our pass defense I feel that our LB's are a liablity in coverage. I personally would like to see us draft a coverage LB to improve our pass defense. I agree with your assessment of Evans during the last 4 games. I do feel he's best as a rotational player.

vCash
    What DT's are good choices in round 3? I don't want to see them take one in round 1 or 2. Looks like only Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama and Bennie Logan, DT, LSU. Otherwise we're talking about round 4 or later cuz the rest of the guys don't sound too good. I guess maybe they should consider a DT in the 1st or 2nd round because the talent is there this year but I just would hate to see them pass on a WR for a DT and have em end up being a bust when the WR goes on to become a playmaker.

What about this Ballard guy we took? Is he ever going to come out and play? He needs to STEP IT UP next year.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-30-2013 at 01:26 PM.

vCash

Fred Evans is by far the most underrated player on our team....love him and hope he gets an increased amount of snaps next year

vCash
    Evans improved as much as Sanford on D. Thought they both jumped up the most out of all our guys in terms of what we want. I still feel like they are rotational guys, not starters but could start and play well but not lights out to where teams have to game plan around those guys. We need a starter at both the SS spot and at NT where Evans played.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Kevin Williams played at a high-level, he still is worth 7M over the next two years given what he has given to us over the years. He played at a higher level than Suh this year, just because he isn't flashy doesn't mean ****. The reason DT is a need is because we have no-one worth starting next to him, draft a guy like Kwan Short, Jesse Williams or Slyvester Williams because long-term we need a replacement for KWill and for next year to play next to him.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    By the way...here is Walterfootball's Senior Bowl Mock from yesterday.

1- Keenan Allen/WR/California
    2- Slyvester Williams/DT/North Carolina
    3- Tony Jefferson/S/Oklahoma
    4- A.J. Klein/ILB/Iowa State
    4- Hugh Thornton/OG/Illinois

Personally I like the draft, only position that I don't really like that isn't adressed would be CB, but that can be addressed outside the draft. The only real difference is that I would take a chance on Cobi Hamilton, Lavean Bell or Stephon Taylor with that 2nd 4th round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    At this point its really unknown weather Kevin Williams is a FA or not. I've heard Tom P. swear up and down that he was after 2012 but most places have him listed under $7 mil + $500,000 work out bonus for 2013 and 2014. Weather this option exists or not is unknown at this point, but from what Williams himself has said (talking about extensions and so on) he knows the team probably doesn't want to pay him that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    @TomPelissero: No. Two years left on deal. RT @TArcand: @TomPelissero So, does K-Will have an option for 2013? There are conflicting reports.
    If Kwill is not back with the Vikes next year would it not be exciting to pursue a young talent like Melton?

Henry Melton - DL - Bears ESPN Dallas believes the Cowboys should make a run at free agent DT Henry Melton instead of trying to re-sign OLB Anthony Spencer.
    Up against the salary cap, the Cowboys don't have the money to sign both. Spencer is coming off his finest year as a pro, but will be tasked with converting from outside linebacker to defensive end if he re-ups in Dallas. Melton is also coming off a career year, and is three years younger than Spencer. Beat writer Tim MacMahon believes Melton would be a perfect fit as a "disruptive 3-technique tackle" in Monte Kiffin's 4-3 defense. The Cowboys recently hired Melton's former DC Rod Marinelli as DL coach. That's all good and well, but Melton is on the record as hoping to remain in Chicago. It's possible the Cowboys will strike out on both players. Related: Cowboys, Anthony Spencer
    Source: ESPN Dallas Jan 30 - 2:38 PM
    Last edited by BigB4570; 01-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Done? What is that ****, there is no way KWill retires lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    What DT's are good choices in round 3? I don't want to see them take one in round 1 or 2. Looks like only Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama and Bennie Logan, DT, LSU. Otherwise we're talking about round 4 or later cuz the rest of the guys don't sound too good. I guess maybe they should consider a DT in the 1st or 2nd round because the talent is there this year but I just would hate to see them pass on a WR for a DT and have em end up being a bust when the WR goes on to become a playmaker.

What about this Ballard guy we took? Is he ever going to come out and play? He needs to STEP IT UP next year.
    Kawann Short is possibly the best DT around our pick.

vCash
    I saw that dude! Tony Jefferson looks like our best SS prospect. Walterfootball's Mock draft first three picks look like the most realistic and just seems right. I have not looked at Tony Jefferson very much but he is ranked really high for a SS.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    By the way...here is Walterfootball's Senior Bowl Mock from yesterday.

1- Keenan Allen/WR/California
    2- Slyvester Williams/DT/North Carolina
    3- Tony Jefferson/S/Oklahoma
    4- A.J. Klein/ILB/Iowa State
    4- Hugh Thornton/OG/Illinois

Personally I like the draft, only position that I don't really like that isn't adressed would be CB, but that can be addressed outside the draft. The only real difference is that I would take a chance on Cobi Hamilton, Lavean Bell or Stephon Taylor with that 2nd 4th round.
    I really like the first pick. We would end up with the number one ranked WR which happens to fit the exact need we have for a big bodied fast WR. The other picks are nice but Williams is more like a mid third rounder so I think he may be a reach in the second round. I also think Klein is reach in the fourth. The rankings I have seen for him have him more like fifth or sixth rounder. Thornton is also around a sixth rounder. Overall I wouldn't be disappointed with that draft but think it could be better. My opinion could easily be different after the combine though.

vCash
    Yeah, fair enough. Not overly high or low on these mock drafts until after the combine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    Kevin Williams played at a high-level, he still is worth 7M over the next two years given what he has given to us over the years. He played at a higher level than Suh this year, just because he isn't flashy doesn't mean ****. The reason DT is a need is because we have no-one worth starting next to him, draft a guy like Kwan Short, Jesse Williams or Slyvester Williams because long-term we need a replacement for KWill and for next year to play next to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Evans improved as much as Sanford on D. Thought they both jumped up the most out of all our guys in terms of what we want. I still feel like they are rotational guys, not starters but could start and play well but not lights out to where teams have to game plan around those guys. We need a starter at both the SS spot and at NT where Evans played.
    Exactly.

It would be nice to get one of those type of guys again before we lose our last one in Kevin Williams.

Has everyone forgotten 2005-2008? The Williams Wall? How dominant a defense we were then at stopping the run? With our secondary now adding in a playmaking DT could propel us into the Top 5 D category.

I still don't want to pass on a receiver at 23 but if Allen and Patterson are gone I think we look at a really good DT. I don't think I would be upset as much as I have been saying about going DT early. I'm opening up more to taking a DT in the first two rounds. Not that what I think matters but I just realize we are worse off than I thought. We got plenty of options in the first two rounds, WR, DT, OG, LB, Safety... I can't wait for the draft.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-31-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast