Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Curious would you all be happy with this draft?

(Round 1 Pick 23)
    Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    (Round 2 Pick 52)
    Larry Warford, RG, Kentucky
    (3rd Round - 83rd Pick)
    Bacarri Rambo, SS, Georgia
    (4th Round - 99th Pick)
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    (4th Round - 117th Pick)
    Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

I know... we didn't address DT too much but while I know we can use an upgrade over Letroy Guion and a eventual replacement to free agent Kevin Williams I just don't see us going DT in the first. I think Fred Evans may have caught the coaches eye after his performance in the playoff game against Green Bay. What that means, who knows? Maybe they try him out over Guion? I guess DT is actually a pretty big need when you look at it and they easily could address it in round 2 because this draft is pretty deep this year at DT but if Warford is there he would be a great guard, like pro bowl level and a day one starter, so I think he would be a better pick for a team so based on running the ball. We can get bye with subpar DT play again at least for one more season.

Then there is the linebackers. I think Henderson might leave. He is mad we didn't give him a contract last offseason so now he's going to follow the money to another team but I bet Brinkley stays. I personally would like to replace both of them but fixing receiver is a higher priority and they were pretty serviceable all season, they didn't play horrible. Middle linebacker and outside linebacker are not immediate needs, at least not as much as receiver is.

Some might wonder why I have them taking a safety in the third and ignoring both those needs at DT/LB when Jamarca Sanford played pretty well last year. I like Sanford but I think Rambo offers more flashy play, anyone who has watched Georgia the past two seasons knows Rambo as the rangy safety was all over the field. He has been a consistent play-maker for Georgia's defense and has been impossible not to notice. Extremely productive in creating turnovers. After seeing the kind of impact Harrison Smith had on our defense I think adding another player to the secondary could only help.

Quinton Patton a top the fourth would be huge. I think he's one of the fastest and best deep threats in this draft class. He has a chance to go in the second or third round but if he's there on day three we need to snag him. I am a big fan of double dipping this year at receiver. Whether that means 1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd, or 1st and 4th is up to you. Maybe even 2nd and 3rd if they decide to go another route in the 1st round.

With our last meaningful pick I took a corner who fits our scheme perfectly and is very athletic. I know we just took Josh Robinson but it never hurts to add more talent there with the way the NFL is passing the ball now. Besides we'll be needing an eventual replacement to Winfield as well as Cook ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ if he goes down again. Taylor might not be there this late but Micah Hyde is another guy worth taking and there are a few others.
    At this point its really unknown weather Kevin Williams is a FA or not. I've heard Tom P. swear up and down that he was after 2012 but most places have him listed under $7 mil + $500,000 work out bonus for 2013 and 2014. Weather this option exists or not is unknown at this point, but from what Williams himself has said (talking about extensions and so on) he knows the team probably doesn't want to pay him that much.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I really like Warford, he's huge without being to tall, and he moves well for his size. He and Loadholt would put 700lbs on the right side of the line. Imagine being a DT and getting by Warford and Phil, then having to deal with Peterson. Really like Warford in rd. 2 if we can't get Warmack in rd. 1. I like Warford more than Cooper(undersized, might be a C) and D. Thomas.

vCash
    ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    At this point its really unknown weather Kevin Williams is a FA or not. I've heard Tom P. swear up and down that he was after 2012 but most places have him listed under $7 mil + $500,000 work out bonus for 2013 and 2014. Weather this option exists or not is unknown at this point, but from what Williams himself has said (talking about extensions and so on) he knows the team probably doesn't want to pay him that much.
    For god sakes man, it's WHETHER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    I bet your co-workers just love you. You know what he meant, hell he could've used wether which means male sheep I believe and you still would have known what he meant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    I bet your co-workers just love you. You know what he meant, hell he could've used wether which means male sheep I believe and you still would have known what he meant.
    You'd have a point if he didn't spell it wrong every single time. You lose credibility when you repeatedly misuse a word. Just trying to help the poor kid out.
    Last edited by FrankieFreakout; 01-29-2013 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Does it matter weather or not he used the right form?
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Once or twice, no. Every single time? Yeah, kinda makes him look unintelligent, not going to lie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Whether the weather be cold,
    Whether the weather be hot,
    We'll stick together
    and weather the weather,
    whether we like it or not.

That was something I remember the Speech Team used to say to get them ready for debates. Help with enunciation and what not. haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Jesus christ...

Lots of people misspell stuff on here. Hell I'm an edgemicated man & I still use the wrong word from time to time. I don't come here for spelling bees but for football talk and if you know your football then we be ok. Cheese you're ok in my book .

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Curious would you all be happy with this draft?

(Round 1 Pick 23)
    Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    (Round 2 Pick 52)
    Larry Warford, RG, Kentucky
    (3rd Round - 83rd Pick)
    Bacarri Rambo, SS, Georgia
    (4th Round - 99th Pick)
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    (4th Round - 117th Pick)
    Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

I know... we didn't address DT too much but while I know we can use an upgrade over Letroy Guion and a eventual replacement to free agent Kevin Williams I just don't see us going DT in the first. I think Fred Evans may have caught the coaches eye after his performance in the playoff game against Green Bay. What that means, who knows? Maybe they try him out over Guion? I guess DT is actually a pretty big need when you look at it and they easily could address it in round 2 because this draft is pretty deep this year at DT but if Warford is there he would be a great guard, like pro bowl level and a day one starter, so I think he would be a better pick for a team so based on running the ball. We can get bye with subpar DT play again at least for one more season.

Then there is the linebackers. I think Henderson might leave. He is mad we didn't give him a contract last offseason so now he's going to follow the money to another team but I bet Brinkley stays. I personally would like to replace both of them but fixing receiver is a higher priority and they were pretty serviceable all season, they didn't play horrible. Middle linebacker and outside linebacker are not immediate needs, at least not as much as receiver is.

Some might wonder why I have them taking a safety in the third and ignoring both those needs at DT/LB when Jamarca Sanford played pretty well last year. I like Sanford but I think Rambo offers more flashy play, anyone who has watched Georgia the past two seasons knows Rambo as the rangy safety was all over the field. He has been a consistent play-maker for Georgia's defense and has been impossible not to notice. Extremely productive in creating turnovers. After seeing the kind of impact Harrison Smith had on our defense I think adding another player to the secondary could only help.

Quinton Patton a top the fourth would be huge. I think he's one of the fastest and best deep threats in this draft class. He has a chance to go in the second or third round but if he's there on day three we need to snag him. I am a big fan of double dipping this year at receiver. Whether that means 1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd, or 1st and 4th is up to you. Maybe even 2nd and 3rd if they decide to go another route in the 1st round.

With our last meaningful pick I took a corner who fits our scheme perfectly and is very athletic. I know we just took Josh Robinson but it never hurts to add more talent there with the way the NFL is passing the ball now. Besides we'll be needing an eventual replacement to Winfield as well as Cook ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ if he goes down again. Taylor might not be there this late but Micah Hyde is another guy worth taking and there are a few others.
    Looks like a solid draft Hsmith. Do you see us picking up any players in free agency? If so curious who would you like to see since Free Agency and the Draft go hand in hand.

vCash
    And Frankie I usually don't pay attention to a lot of people's user names because frankly I have no idea what they are about but I think we can all agree on why you chose yours

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Once or twice, no. Every single time? Yeah, kinda makes him look unintelligent, not going to lie.
    I've never once thought 100%cheesefree is unintelligent. He used to correct my spelling on Anthony Herrera all the time, he never once insulted me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    @TomPelissero: No. Two years left on deal. RT @TArcand: @TomPelissero So, does K-Will have an option for 2013? There are conflicting reports.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Well regardless of if he's a true free agent or not there have been reports of him maybe not returning next season. That's what I meant, he's going to be gone soon which makes DT actually a pretty big need. Guion is not all that good and Evans hasn't proven nothing yet either.

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast