Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Usually there is one guy I absolutely think we should get in round one. This year however its like seven. I really like the guys you mentioned. If you also toss in Cordarrelle Patterson that would pretty much be my list of favorites.
    I was going to list him but I don't think he's going to be available to us. The kid has way to much raw talent to fall all the way to 23 and I think he will be the first receiver taken. But I'm glad we have this many options, I won't be getting to stressed out over who we pick this year. Last year I stressed out like crazy over the Morris Claiborne/Justin Blackmon rumors lol

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Welcome back Moon, haven't seen you around in ages. Just wanted to add a few things. Allen Reisner got cut and is a Jaguar now, our backup LB is Marvin Mitchell and everybody on your cut list but Carlson are all FAs.

In my own opinion Carlson has a better chance of staying on the roster next year (even though he hasn't performed) than Jenkins because of his contract. I think we pay him $4 mil, but the cap hit is much bigger if we cut him. Jenkins on the other hand is owed a non-gauranteed $2.425 mil which is about 1.4 mil than he's worth. Charlie Johnson is also a potential cap casualty, as well as Letroy Guion.
    It has been a while. I do keep up though and read everything so don't worry! im still here. haha.

But yeah I didn't even realize i kept Reisner. You brought up a lot of money issues so i will revise this. Thanks. I agree with a lot of what you said.

The players under the Release category, yes I do know they are FA's, just making the point i do not want them brought back.
    Ponder This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I was going to list him but I don't think he's going to be available to us. The kid has way to much raw talent to fall all the way to 23 and I think he will be the first receiver taken. But I'm glad we have this many options, I won't be getting to stressed out over who we pick this year. Last year I stressed out like crazy over the Morris Claiborne/Justin Blackmon rumors lol
    I almost forgot how nervous the Vikings made me last year. All that, LT isn't a premier position as opposed to WR and CB. Man the thought of not taking Kalil scared me. Ask Matt Barkley how his line held up without Kalil.

I am only for drafting a WR rd. 1. Between Austin, Patterson, Allen and Hunter for me at 23. I know many people don't consider Hunter 1st rd talent but I think that will change dramatically once he runs the 40.

vCash
    There has been a lot of talk about Dobson and Patten. I have to admit I didn't see any of these players play but...I like guys like Marcus Davis 6-4, 232 and is faster than Dobson and Patten. Or a guy like Wheaton or Woods because of how fast they are in and out of breaks, so for their route running. I don't like Dobson because he seems like a body catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about Dobson and Patten. I have to admit I didn't see any of these players play but...I like guys like Marcus Davis 6-4, 232 and is faster than Dobson and Patten. Or a guy like Wheaton or Woods because of how fast they are in and out of breaks, so for their route running. I don't like Dobson because he seems like a body catcher.

I agree, there are many good options for us this year and I believe this is a product of our team being successful. I like the guys you mentioned and after watching some tape and seeing him at the senior bowl, Quinton from Louisiana looks amazing. In the end, I just want a player who will play hard and have a big impact on our passing game. It would be nice to find the next larry fitz but in the end, I will be happy with someone we can rely on.

So excited for this draft already!
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Can someone tell me what you think about Matt Elam? I think he could be a real good football player for us.
    Ponder This

vCash
    What is Justin Hunter projected at right now? 2nd round?

vCash
    I won't be getting to stressed out over who we pick this year. Last year I stressed out like crazy over the Morris Claiborne/Justin Blackmon rumors lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I almost forgot how nervous the Vikings made me last year. All that, LT isn't a premier position as opposed to WR and CB. Man the thought of not taking Kalil scared me. Ask Matt Barkley how his line held up without Kalil.
    I feel ya on this. I too was stressin on the Claiborne/Blackmon/Kalil smokescreens Spielman put out. This year there's really no one guy I want. There are a few I like more but whoever they take they take and I'll be happy.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-26-2013 at 09:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon2 View Post
    Can someone tell me what you think about Matt Elam? I think he could be a real good football player for us.
    That's the safety from Florida. I love the kid but I don't think we'll be taking or focusing on safety this year. Sanford I feel they'll bring back and after Smith they don't view it as a big need. I would love a Elam/Smith combo though. That would be sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    What is Justin Hunter projected at right now? 2nd round?
    Yeah, hes projected to go in the second round from what I have seen. These are the most up to date projections I have been able to find: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/WR CBS updates them every few days.

vCash
    I agree. Patterson will most likely go in the top 10. Especially if he has a great combine. Hes still on my wish list though.

vCash
    Well currently Patterson is the most popular pick projected to go to us at 23... but I agree he'll likely go like 15th to Miami or higher then we select.

vCash
    I want patterson too!

vCash
    E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

Manuel struggled on the first day of practice, but he looked like the best QB in Mobile, Ala., from a physical standpoint.

Manuel has long legs and a longer stride. He also has a quick, high release and accuracy in shorter timing routes. While Manuel is widely thought of as a "dual-threat" quarterback given his unbelievable physique and natural athleticism, he really isn't.

Manuel is a pass-first signal-caller who'll thrive when developed in a timing-based, rhythm passing attack. That system will best take advantage of his ability to roll out and cut the field in half, which will reduce the number of reads he has to make early in his career.

If the passing options aren't there, he can just run—which he can do well.

Manuel showed with his solid progression through the week that he is extremely coachable and will benefit greatly from NFL coaching. Heading into the Senior Bowl game, there is no real agreement among analysts about the exact quarterback hierarchy. But there is general agreement that Manuel clearly was the QB who improved the most during practices.

That's a trend many believe will continue for years.
    I'm liking him more and more after reading about his Senior Bowl practices. Not sure though if we have this rhythm passing attack, more like we run-run-run and then ask our QB to get us out of bad spots by throwing only once a first down. I think maybe this needs to change for us to have some passing success. Anyways Manuel would be a good selection in the 4th.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-26-2013 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    If patterson goes to miami at 12 then that just means keenan allen will fall to us!!!!

I really think we get allen or patterson.

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast