Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Only guy I'd move up for is NT Star Lotulelei but he's most likely going top three.
    Not the high dimgim. My bad. I was meaning trading up just a bit but not a juilo jones trade.

46 TACKLES/2 SACKS
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Who do ya guys like for a backup QB project guy? Viking great Fran Tarkenton believes teams should draft a quarterback every year. Not a high pick, mind you, but a guy in the middle rounds who has a chance to make it. Look at what the Redskins did this year. Not only did they take Robert Griffin III in the first round, but they also went and grabbed Kirk Cousins in the fourth. When Griffin was injured, Cousins gave them hope and won a couple games. There are players like him available in the draft every year. Teams need somebody waiting in the wings that can give the team hope and confidence in case anything happens to Ponder. Joe Webb has no business being a backup QB. The Vikings need to have a guy behind Ponder that gives them a chance to win.

I like Ryan Nassib of Syracuse but he's probably going to go too high, like second round to either Cardinals, Jets, or Bills. They're comparing him to Andy Dalton right now at Senior Bowl practices. The Orange didn't have a strong supporting cast around him but he played good. He threw for 3,749 yards this year and almost held a 3:1 TD/INT ratio with 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He's done that each year too. 22 TD 9 INT last year and 19 TD 8 INT the year before. He's completed 62 percent of his passes for two years in a row.

Then there is E.J. Manuel of Florida State who I find very intriguing. At 6'4" 237 he's got Cam Newton comparisons. Going by pure physical stature he looks like an NFL QB. He's use to running that zone read stuff that's starting to gain some ground in the NFL this season but he's not the kind of dynamic runner that RGIII, DangerRUSSell Wilson, or Cam Newton are. That being said he's a better passer than Joe Webb and if he can continue to develop he could be a good backup QB for us. Manuel completed 68 percent of his passes for 3,397 yards, 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. Previous to this year, Manuel kept taking over for Ponder in tough situations in college (due to injuries) and always played well, with a career record of 25-6. He has tons of physical tools but is otherwise fairly raw. A perfect project guy I think Manuel would be a nice option with one of our 4th's. If he could develop into our backup QB who knows maybe he will continue to step in for Ponder in the pros too

If Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, or Landry Jones are sitting there in the fourth as well I'de take any one of them too. I think it's a good year for QB's. Not any elite guys but plenty of quality developmental guys.
    I like the kid from Western Michigan QB Alex Carder, not going to blow anyone away with measurables but strong arm quick release true leader.

OK V4LB I'd move up into mid teens for WR Cordalle Patterson

vCash
    I would look at EJ Manuel[FSU], Matt Scott[ARI] or Alex Carder[WMU] in the mid-rounds for our backup QB, if we really want to address it we could take Landry Jones[OKL] if he falls to the 3rd round which is likely. I personally would love Matt Scott, he impressed me.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    After the combine, I probably will go through the draft and really start to do some Vikings mocks, a bit early to even start to be honest. Right now even who will be in the draft in the 1st/2nd is debatable until after the underclassman deadline passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    After the combine, I probably will go through the draft and really start to do some Vikings mocks, a bit early to even start to be honest. Right now even who will be in the draft in the 1st/2nd is debatable until after the underclassman deadline passes.
    I think it did already, yeah?

Also, Bleacherreport has a pretty good mock up for us right now. Only thing is I don't want Hankins in the 1st round. I'm really hoping we get a fast, hard-nosed LB in this draft. I didn't enjoy watching Henderson get beat or arriving late on plays. Could we go back in time and get Lavonte David some how please? haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I think it did already, yeah?

Also, Bleacherreport has a pretty good mock up for us right now. Only thing is I don't want Hankins in the 1st round. I'm really hoping we get a fast, hard-nosed LB in this draft. I didn't enjoy watching Henderson get beat or arriving late on plays. Could we go back in time and get Lavonte David some how please? haha
    Minter at 23 and Da'rick Rogers or Robert Woods in the 2nd would be sick

vCash
    I think speilman double dips on offense round 1 and 2.
    Pay Harvin + Resign Simpson
    Round 1: Cordarelle Patterson
    Round 2: Jonathan Cooper
    Defense played very well this year considering the large # of 3 n outs with Patterson and Cooper the Vikings would have a top 10 offensive line helping out both Ponder and Peterson and Speed at WR with Simpson Patterson Harvin Wright

****Speilman needs to make sure Ponder progresses*****
    Round 3,4,4 all defense unless Aaron Dobson falls to the 4th.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    My co worker is a Oregon State fan. He is bragging about some wr name Wheaton or something like that. I dont watch Oregon State so who is this guy?
    Yeah Markus Wheaton. There are players coming out that get a lot of hype like Allen and Patterson. Then there are players who fly under the radar. Markus Wheaton falls into the second category. He's pretty good. Could be a option in rounds 2-5. I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd or 4th on him if he's there. I don't think he's a great talent but he eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark in all-purpose yardage in 2010 and 2011. He had an excellent senior season with 1,323 total yards and 13 touchdowns. As a receiver he had 1,244 of those yards and 11 touchdowns on 91 receptions. As a junior in 2011, Wheaton had 986 yards and a touchdown on 73 receptions. Before that he was behind James Rodgers, Jacquizz Rodgers' brother, so his stats weren't worth mentioning much. However, he left OSU setting a new school record with 227 receptions in his career. The previous mark was 222 by you guessed it... James Rodgers. Going past Rodgers, Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh to leave Oregon State as the school's all-time record holder in career receptions is pretty impressive I would think.

If it's a comparison your looking for, how about ex-Chicago Bears/Minnesota Vikings Bernard Berrian. Like the former Fresno State product, Wheaton can blame the so-called East Coast bias for his lack of national coverage despite proving himself to be a playmaker over his career. Like Berrian, Wheaton is a big-play threat whenever the ball is in his hands, but his spindly frame could keep him from reaching his maximum potential. I also see a little bit of Pittsburgh receiver Mike Wallace in him. They share similar physical attributes, size and speed wise. They’re both capable of getting downfield in a hurry and making plays in the vertical game. If teams don’t want to pay a ton of money on the open market for Wallace they can consider drafting Wheaton instead. They’re very similar players but I think Wallace is a tad bit faster. Wallace was a third round pick in 2009 – but undoubtedly would be a top-32 selection in a re-draft. Wheaton deserves to have a late first or early second round grade too but likely will go a little later, ala 3rd or 4th round.

Given that he's not very tall (5'11") and not best utilized as a true split-end receiver, he's more of the x-factor Percy Harvin slot type working over the middle, I don't think he would be my first choice. Since we got Harvin and Wright I don't think a player like Wheaton would be the best bet at receiver to bring in but if we do end up taking him I'll be confident he'll make some plays for us.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-23-2013 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    OK, if anyone still cares about PSD mock: I have taken Alec Ogletree, Bennie Logan, and Cobi Hamilton.

I have an upcoming 4th, I'm thinking either backup QB or Guard.

Available:
    QBs- EJ Manuel, Mike Scott, Tyler Bray
    Gs- Cyril Richardson, Gabe Jackson

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    OK, if anyone still cares about PSD mock: I have taken Alec Ogletree, Bennie Logan, and Cobi Hamilton.

I have an upcoming 4th, I'm thinking either backup QB or Guard.

Available:
    QBs- EJ Manuel, Mike Scott, Tyler Bray
    Gs- Cyril Richardson, Gabe Jackson
    I would go with Cyril Richardson since I think one of those QB's will fall all the way to our pick in round 5. Otherwise I would go with Tyler Bray due to his potential.

vCash
    Guard all the way.

vCash
    Bray just got picked. Will go Richardson if he's there. I also love EJ Manuel though

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Pretty good draft considering everything, Ogletree is a huge upgrade, still unfortunate could only get Cobi Hamilton but that is good value I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    Pretty good draft considering everything, Ogletree is a huge upgrade, still unfortunate could only get Cobi Hamilton but that is good value I think.
    Yeah I hated taking Logan in second even though it was good value IMO. WR, G, and DB were just tapped out. Hamilton was best WR left at that point even, IMO.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    I think Manuel over Richardson. That's just my opinion though. Did Micah Hyde go already?

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast