Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If we get Honey Badger I'd be so excited. A risk worth taking.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video
    You thought Cassel was winning my starting job? Lol

vCash
    I'm not going to read into any mock drafts or where somebody is supposed to be drafted until the after the combine and all star games are over with. There is always a group of guys who shoot up and down draft boards after the combine or after somebody impresses at the Senior Bowl.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Vikings are almost up in the PSD Mock. I've taken Alec Ogletree and Bennie Logan so far. And even though I was hoping for different guy other than Logan to fall, I'm fine with it, cause now our front 7 is really deep and talented.

So now its time for our early 4th. I'm debating between Quinton Patton and Cobi Hamilton. Really torn between the 2, what do you guys think? Patton is the more polished guy IMO, but Hamilton has great measurables and had a great year at Arkansas (aka Vikings minor-leagues for WR).

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Nvm, Patton just went. Trying to trade up to ensure I get Hamilton.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    If we get Honey Badger I'd be so excited. A risk worth taking.
    In the 5th round or later, I'd be cool with it.

Will Spielman and Frazier want him, though? It doesn't seem to fit the theme they're trying to establish, but with a late pick, it could be worth it.

Just don't let him and Chris Cook hang out with eachother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm not going to read into any mock drafts or where somebody is supposed to be drafted until the after the combine and all star games are over with. There is always a group of guys who shoot up and down draft boards after the combine or after somebody impresses at the Senior Bowl.
    Exactly. It's borderline irrelevant right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    In the 5th round or later, I'd be cool with it.

Will Spielman and Frazier want him, though? It doesn't seem to fit the theme they're trying to establish, but with a late pick, it could be worth it.

Just don't let him and Chris Cook hang out with eachother.
    Dont let them go on any boat rides...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Dont let them go on any boat rides...
    Haha, well played.

vCash
    Who do ya guys like for a backup QB project guy? Viking great Fran Tarkenton believes teams should draft a quarterback every year. Not a high pick, mind you, but a guy in the middle rounds who has a chance to make it. Look at what the Redskins did this year. Not only did they take Robert Griffin III in the first round, but they also went and grabbed Kirk Cousins in the fourth. When Griffin was injured, Cousins gave them hope and won a couple games. There are players like him available in the draft every year. Teams need somebody waiting in the wings that can give the team hope and confidence in case anything happens to Ponder. Joe Webb has no business being a backup QB. The Vikings need to have a guy behind Ponder that gives them a chance to win.

I like Ryan Nassib of Syracuse but he's probably going to go too high, like second round to either Cardinals, Jets, or Bills. They're comparing him to Andy Dalton right now at Senior Bowl practices. The Orange didn't have a strong supporting cast around him but he played good. He threw for 3,749 yards this year and almost held a 3:1 TD/INT ratio with 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He's done that each year too. 22 TD 9 INT last year and 19 TD 8 INT the year before. He's completed 62 percent of his passes for two years in a row.

Then there is E.J. Manuel of Florida State who I find very intriguing. At 6'4" 237 he's got Cam Newton comparisons. Going by pure physical stature he looks like an NFL QB. He's use to running that zone read stuff that's starting to gain some ground in the NFL this season but he's not the kind of dynamic runner that RGIII, DangerRUSSell Wilson, or Cam Newton are. That being said he's a better passer than Joe Webb and if he can continue to develop he could be a good backup QB for us. Manuel completed 68 percent of his passes for 3,397 yards, 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. Previous to this year, Manuel kept taking over for Ponder in tough situations in college (due to injuries) and always played well, with a career record of 25-6. He has tons of physical tools but is otherwise fairly raw. A perfect project guy I think Manuel would be a nice option with one of our 4th's. If he could develop into our backup QB who knows maybe he will continue to step in for Ponder in the pros too

If Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, or Landry Jones are sitting there in the fourth as well I'de take any one of them too. I think it's a good year for QB's. Not any elite guys but plenty of quality developmental guys.

vCash
    Hsmith22 how about that qb from N.C State? Gleanon

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    Glennon is ranked as a top five QB. With the needs we have I think we should wait later in the draft if we take a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Glennon is ranked as a top five QB. With the needs we have I think we should wait later in the draft if we take a QB.
    Oh my bad. I was looking at the draft projection and they had him as a 1-3 round pick.

vCash
    Question? Lets just imagine if we traded up in the draft then who would you guys want if we traded up?

vCash
    My co worker is a Oregon State fan. He is bragging about some wr name Wheaton or something like that. I dont watch Oregon State so who is this guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Question? Lets just imagine if we traded up in the draft then who would you guys want if we traded up?
    Only guy I'd move up for is NT Star Lotulelei but he's most likely going top three.

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast