Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Alec Ogletree - LB - Bulldogs
    Jan 18 - 4:03 PM

Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah likens Georgia LB Alec Ogletree' game to Steelers ILB Lawrence Timmons.

Like Timmons, Ogletree is an explosive linebacker capable of playing inside and out. An inside 'backer by trade in Pittsburgh's 3-4, Timmons often starts at outside linebacker when James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley is injured. Jeremiah compares Ogletree to Timmons as a "bigger version" with explosive athleticism, but who struggles to take on blocks at the second level.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...llege-football

vCash
    Aaron Dobson - WR - Thundering Herd
    Jan 17 - 12:14 PM

ESPN's Mel Kiper suggests that Marshall WR Aaron Dobson is a sleeper to be drafted late in the first round this April.

Kiper described Dobson as "a guy people are not talking about who could emerge maybe in late first round, or in the second-round discussion." Dobson has been invited to this year's Senior Bowl and will show his wares in Mobile (AL) next week. Injured for three games in 2012, Dobson managed just 57 catches for 679 yards and three touchdowns as a senior. He scored 12 touchdowns in 2011.

Source: Miami Herald
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...llege-football
    He definitely has intriguing size at 6'3 200 pounds and this catch is nuts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    What do you guys feel about Monty Ball?
    I like him but he will go in the first three rounds and we have much more pressing needs then RB.

vCash
    Ive been thinking about it lately and I really want to go Patriot style this draft. Keep trading back so we can have 2 second rd picks, 2 third rd picks and 2 4ths. In the second take ppl like Eric Reid or a Xavier Rhodes if he fell and a DT like Floyd/ Short or Logan, in the third take William Gholston and a Cobi Hamilton/Marques Wilson/ Aaron Dobson. In the 4th = Ej Manuel and Mathieu or Johnny Adams. IDk sounds a lot better to me to fill up multiple holes with solid players than a few holes with a little better than solid players.

Trade 23rd picks for a 2nd and a 3rd

2nd
    Kwaan Short DT Purdue
    Eric Reid S LSU

3rd
    William Gholston DE MSU
    Marquess Wilson WR WSU

4th
    EJ Manuel QB FSU
    Johnny Adams CB MSU

5th
    Kenny Tate OLB Maryland

7th
    Michael Carter CB Minnesota

All depends on what we do in free agency but that looks very good for the future to me

vCash
    And i understand the glaring need at wideout, if this is the draft scenario I am hoping we sign a mid tier WR like Brandon Gibson or ramses Barden

vCash
    If Keenan Allen or Chance Warmack were to fall to us it would obviously be too good to pass up though.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    And i understand the glaring need at wideout, if this is the draft scenario I am hoping we sign a mid tier WR like Brandon Gibson or ramses Barden
    Both of those WRs will not fix our situation. We need major upgrades. However they could provide us with some great depth.
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 01-19-2013 at 11:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Both of those WRs will not fix our situation. We need major upgrades. However they could provide us with some great depth.
    I hear what you're saying VCU, outwardly (and statistically) that would be the case, but these are the types of guys Spielman will probably look at vs. high dollar players like Bowe, Jennings or Wallace. He's always looking for that affordable guy who might be able to break out, like we all hoped Jerome Simpson could do this year. We may not always get it right but at least it won't totally ruin our payroll like a HUGE signing would.

Also though, looking at VBB's draft scenario, you are correct, only drafting Marques Wilson and adding two mid-tier FAs is not going to give us the WR stable we need.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 01-20-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24 View Post
    CORDARELLE PATTERSON!!!!!

Guy is going to be great and him along with harvin and rudolph is going to nice!
    Yeah, love to see him in purple! The moves he's got for a big guy, wow!

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    At any rate we need to upgrade the WR position by some mean, if we have not addressed it in FA I like the chances that we go for WR in the first. I agree with everything everyone said. If the Vikings FO really likes a S like Vacarro or a guard that falls in Warmack it is going to be hard to pass on them for a lesser talent at a position of need. If we can sign a WR in FA then that will really lessen what we need to do in the draft.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Aaron Dobson - WR - Thundering Herd
    Jan 17 - 12:14 PM

He definitely has intriguing size at 6'3 200 pounds and this catch is nuts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0
    Last time we drafted a receiver from Marshall it worked out pretty good for us. I'de be fine with him anywhere from 2-5 range. If finding receiver is a priority we need to take one in rounds 1 or 2 and then again in 4 or 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Ive been thinking about it lately and I really want to go Patriot style this draft. Keep trading back so we can have 2 second rd picks, 2 third rd picks and 2 4ths. In the second take ppl like Eric Reid or a Xavier Rhodes if he fell and a DT like Floyd/ Short or Logan, in the third take William Gholston and a Cobi Hamilton/Marques Wilson/ Aaron Dobson. In the 4th = Ej Manuel and Mathieu or Johnny Adams. IDk sounds a lot better to me to fill up multiple holes with solid players than a few holes with a little better than solid players.

Trade 23rd picks for a 2nd and a 3rd

2nd
    Kwaan Short DT Purdue
    Eric Reid S LSU

3rd
    William Gholston DE MSU
    Marquess Wilson WR WSU

4th
    EJ Manuel QB FSU
    Johnny Adams CB MSU

5th
    Kenny Tate OLB Maryland

7th
    Michael Carter CB Minnesota

All depends on what we do in free agency but that looks very good for the future to me
    Ahh Kenny Tate. I almost forgot about him. Super talented but is he a safety or OLB at the next level. Either way I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him. Probably more of a 7th then a 5th though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I hear what you're saying VCU, outwardly (and statistically) that would be the case, but these are the types of guys Spielman will probably look at vs. high dollar players like Bowe, Jennings or Wallace. He's always looking for that affordable guy who might be able to break out, like we all hoped Jerome Simpson could do this year. We may not always get it right but at least it won't totally ruin our payroll like a HUGE signing would.

Also though, looking at VBB's draft scenario, you are correct, only drafting Marques Wilson and adding two mid-tier FAs is not going to give us the WR stable we need.
    I agree that those are the types of FAs Spielman will most likely target but in order to fix the horrible WR situation we will need to use some very early picks on one or two. Marques Wilson is not going to fix the problem.

vCash
    I for one would like to trade back into the first round like we did in last years draft. Take a WR then trade back into the first and take a DT, MLB, G or another WR. It worked out pretty well last year.

vCash
    I for one would like to trade back into the first round like we did in last years draft. Take a WR then trade back into the first and take a DT, MLB, G or another WR. It worked out pretty well last year.
    The problem with that is unlike last year where we only traded up like 10 picks this time we would need to trade up 30 picks and I don't see how that is likely, maybe a trade up into the 2nd round.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast