Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1020
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CHICAGO@HRT
    Posts
    8,345
    vCash
    1500
    I still take Te'o #23, if it happens that this story is true and he created it then I would take Ogletree, I am pretty much set on it to be honest.

    We should take a MLB and only pass on one for a WR we like.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    447
    vCash
    1500
    Saying we HAVE to take one position limits yourself. BPA at position of need. You don't HAVE to take a LB in the first if the board doesn't play out that way.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Doubt it. He and any other MLB out there would probably rip any one of us to shreds. And from a football stand point he has had at least 100 tackles each year and this year he really came on strong in coverage. How can you deny that kind of production? Why do you consider him a bit**? Is there an actual reason or is it the same way that I think Aaron Rodgers is a douche because he plays for the Packers? haha
    You doubt what? You can't doubt my opinion. It's my opinion.

    Did you see the NC game? Biggest game of his life and he looked awful. Not to mention, this whole story is a mess. I don't want that on this team.

    I believe he made up his girlfriend for attention. If that ain't a bit**, idk what it is.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,269
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    You doubt what? You can't doubt my opinion. It's my opinion.

    Did you see the NC game? Biggest game of his life and he looked awful. Not to mention, this whole story is a mess. I don't want that on this team.

    I believe he made up his girlfriend for attention. If that ain't a bit**, idk what it is.
    You doubt almost everyones opinion on this site. People cant doubt your arrogant and insulting opinions?

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    447
    vCash
    1500
    What?

  6. #471
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    You doubt what? You can't doubt my opinion. It's my opinion.

    Did you see the NC game? Biggest game of his life and he looked awful. Not to mention, this whole story is a mess. I don't want that on this team.

    I believe he made up his girlfriend for attention. If that ain't a bit**, idk what it is.
    people can doubt other peoples opinions, i mean you do it in almost every post. Just because you dont agree with a post(or doubt it) doesnt mean you have to insult the poster who posted said post.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    What?
    Dude, I agree with a fair amount of things you say, and you have your opinions. That's fine, everyone does. That said, it doesnt mean you have to insult people, or pick fights to get your point across while belittling the person in the meantime.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    447
    vCash
    1500
    lol k.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    311
    vCash
    1500
    Regarding this whole Manti Te'o catfish hoax situation I will say this... After hearing more come out about how he knew and still pretended he had this dead girlfriend. I've kind of questioned what kind of a person he is. Te'o mentioned 'Girlfriend' twice after he allegedly discovered she didn't exist. This is especially disturbing for him as a prospect because even after he found out about it he kept making media appearances and talking about it, so he hid it. To be fooled by someone into believing you had a girlfriend that never existed is one thing, it shows he's still very immature, but to hide it and continue on with it and then claim to be a victim after it's discovered takes it to the next level. That's where he'll get into trouble because he tried to cover it up for whatever reasons. How will he handle the pressure at the next level if he cannot even handle it at a college level. I think a lot of the time stuff like that goes into why most players become busts in the NFL. Not because of their talent level or athletic ability.

    Basically I've concluded that he may have originally been a victim of a hoax, (maybe not maybe he planned the whole thing?) but then he tried to deceive everyone for personal gain. All you gotta do is follow the money. If he had won Heisman backed by the hype of the story of his gf's death, that's over $100 million in endorsements, not to mention any money receiverd from boosters, for Notre Dame. Also it sets him up for life. Not only would it get him drafted higher, thus a higher contract, but even after he retires from the NFL he could make money off of being a Heisman. Signing autographs, making public appearances, etc. Basically had he won Heisman he would've been set up for life after football.

    So I get why he did it, and I don't think it's all that bad even. He didn't kill or rape anybody, he didn't drink and drive, he didn't do drugs or steroids or any PEDs, he really didn't do a whole lot of anything wrong. What he did was lie and deceive but he never truly harmed anyone. Sure he is a fraud but from what I understand he's very childish and immature. Well young people make mistakes. We all do. Maybe he was too scared to own up to it and face the media and tell the truth when he had a chance. Maybe he just didn't want to look stupid. Maybe Notre Dame stepped in somewhere and told him not to and just go with it seeing the kind of publicity they were getting. Who knows but it's been blown way out of proportion by the media. When it comes down to it, this will have a great effect on his future in the NFL. Sure it'll greatly effect his draft stock but I know one other thing.... HE'S ONE HELLUVA FOOTBALL PLAYER AND HE'S YOUNG. It's because he's young that I can excuse him doing something like this. Ray Lewis said it best himself, "I couldn't understand [that] when I was 24 and 25." He was young and dumb and had to learn the hard way but it changed him to become a better man now and he used that as fuel to become one of the most dominant linebackers the NFL's ever seen. I'm talking about when Ray was charged with murder in 2000. The charges were dropped after Lewis agreed to testify against two other men and he subsequently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. Do you hear anybody in the media talking about his past. No because he used it to become better. And now as one man with retirement looming prepares to leave the NFL another prepares to enter. Similar circumstances as Ray faced but how will he let it effect him? I think Te'o is going to brush this all off and use it as a learning experience. All this hoopla about the bad National Championship performance and now this hoax will only fuel the fire inside of Te'o as a competitor. It never fails. The most powerful motivator is being told, ‘you’re not good enough’ or ‘no, you can’t’. He'll come in with something to prove. He will have a chip on his shoulder and work as hard as he's ever worked. Sure he may not be a fan favorite right away but honestly who cares. All this crap is all short term. It'll be forgotten by next year. Sure it’s unlikely to see Te'o promoting any products right away or see his jersey a top the sales list but he could still eventually turn into a sponsor’s dream if he blossoms as an NFL star. He'll go on to be a dominant player.

    That being said this whole catfish hoax conspiracy thing is going to take it's toll on his draft stock for sure. In fact Manti Te’o’s draft stock was already sinking following getting exposed in the National Championship. He will drop out of the Top 20 I believe. Even if he has a great combine performance and despite three great seasons of football some teams won't wanna take the risk. Some teams will say it isn’t worth the potential problems. The uncertainty surrounding him is all off the field though. That's what I keep focusing on. This doesn't mean it can't come back to bite a team in the future though. GM's know it’s no different what the red flags are. You've got to identify them. You've got to research it and then you decide what impact that has on the total person in terms of his ability to play football and to manage his life. With any player, you have to make sure what you’re getting from a character standpoint other than just his ability, and his athletic talents. Try to get to know the guy. So, yes, it will weigh in heavily.

    If he can convince Spielman and Frazier, and our linebacker coaches Mike Singletary and Fred Pagac that he can be trusted I think he should be in consideration for the pick. It's that simple. It's okay to take a gamble on a player from time to time. Some of those gambles will blow up in your face but some of them you may hit on. The only question you have to ask is, Is the risk worth the reward? That's what Spielman will have to decide. I think it is. This is the perfect time to seize the opportunity to draft a dominant MLB that normally wouldn't be there that late in the 1st round. Not only that but our starting MLB Jasper Brinkley is a unrestricted free agent and many fans, including myself, would say that his performance on the field was a disappointment. I think it's time for a change, and Te'o could likely be had at 23. If he's there do we pass? or do we take a chance on a player, a troubled young man, in hopes that he will put his life back together and be a solid contribution to the team? I think the Vikings should jump on this opportunity to take Te'o because I think despite this situation he appears to be a well raised individual who is hard working and never quits. We know what kind of a MLB he can be, a difference maker and a leader. If he can move on from this and use it for motivation then I think he would become a star on our defense for the next 10 years. We've been looking for one for a long time. At least since E.J. Henderson started regressing due to injuries.

    Te'o would hardly be the first player to see his draft stock sink because of off-field issues. Warren Sapp in 1995 and Randy Moss in 1998 slid because of character concerns; both are now considered to be Hall of Famers and one day will be. Just last year, Janoris Jenkins fell to the second round after multiple run-ins with the law related to marijuana. He had one of the better rookie years for a corner. Another prime example, and at the same position as Te'o this time, and also from last year's draft is Vontaze Burfict. Remember how everyone dogged Vontaze Burfict leading up the draft? I don't think there was a single person out there, whether fan, scouts, GM's, or coaches. Every last one bad-mouthed Burfict's potential. I even questioned whether Burfict would be worth drafting. Burfict was dogged by his reputation as a player who could not channel his emotions appropriately, had a bad season prior to heading into the draft, and didn't perform well at he combine either. He had little going for him and all this stuff working against him. It's hard to overcome bad reputation but a poor season and bad pre-draft performance on top of it all? He was screwed. So of course his plummeting stock took it's toll and the once considered 1st round pick ended up going undrafted but he didn't let it stop him. "Whoever picks me in the draft," he said, "is going to have a great middle linebacker." He wasn't lying. He's gone from a undraftable punch line to his team's leading tackler for Cincinnati. A great rookie and now one of the key elements in an underrated Bengals defense.

    The beauty of this is it reminds us once again that the first key to finding players is conviction. For all the mounting evidence against Burfict's ever becoming anything useful in the NFL, there were other signs that Bengal's coach Marvin Lewis noticed. Burfict wasn't a troublemaker off the field, as Te'o isn't either. Both have problems, but that's usually the catch with gambles. The risk/reward ratio has to be easy enough to stomach and tantalizing enough to excite the person taking the chance. Lewis knew Burfict -- when focused and 15-20 pounds lighter -- had been appealing enough to warrant consideration as a first-round pick. All the coach had to do was provide a structure for the player to see the value in maximizing his ability. Too often players are written off in the draft because of rumors, reputations and other off the field reoccurring stuff. That doesn't mean they'll never overcome they're bad habits or past mistakes to become great successes and I think it would be unwise for the Vikings to count out Te'o because of this little hoax. It's because he'll be motivated to no ends to prove he still can be the kind of football player he was, or should say is, that I still would draft him.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-18-2013 at 11:24 AM.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,498
    vCash
    1500
    Id still draft Te'o if LB was the biggest need yeah he is a strange boy but damnit the boy can tackle. Its not like he robbed or shot somebody so who cares as long as he makes your football team better and he sure would.

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,504
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    I still take Te'o #23, if it happens that this story is true and he created it then I would take Ogletree, I am pretty much set on it to be honest.

    We should take a MLB and only pass on one for a WR we like.
    I wouldn't have taken him even if he wasn't bat**** crazy. He's extremely overrated and has bust written all over him.

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I wouldn't have taken him even if he wasn't bat**** crazy. He's extremely overrated and has bust written all over him.
    You know who else had "bust written all over him"? Vontaze Burfict and how did that work out?

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    vCash
    1500
    Given that I was already skeptical on how his talents would transfer over to the NFL I really am against drafting Te'o. If the Vikings are serious about drafting a LB in the first round I hope they give him a clean slate going into interviews, but bring up some of these situations. If he can prove at the combine that he has learned from his mistakes and how this turned into such an issue I would be alright reconsidering him at that point.

    Another reason Te'o doesn't really make sense for the Vikings is because we already have strong veteran leadership in the locker room. The one thing that Te'o will bring to the table regardless of skill is his leadership qualities. I just think that it could become an issue with our already developed leaders.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,892
    vCash
    1500
    If Burficit can play as good as he has then Te'o can be just as good.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,892
    vCash
    1500
    BUuuuuuut...this whole thing with Te'o is disturbing. He's young so he did a stupid thing. I did lots of stupid things when I was that age that I'm thankful I am not held accountable for now.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •