Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hey guys, I'm doing the Forum wide mock for us. Figured I'd keep you updated here if you are curious took Ogletree. He is the perfect MLB for the cover-2 and I was real happy to snag him as Brinkley sucks in coverage.

Targeting WR in round 2 and none have been picked yet.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Not a bad pick AP=MVP. I just think I would've taken a WR over Ogletree. Allen or Patterson probably. Then again if none are taken maybe it would've been a reach at that point. I don't know much about Ogletree other than he has a 1st round grade according to those who do know. I haven't followed him throughout college so is he really as good as you say he is? How is he the perfect one for Cover 2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I don't think that Patterson will be on the board when the Vikings pick. Patterson will go early once he blows the top off the 40.

Patterson runs threw traffic almost like Harvin. He's a guy that's going to make slants and bubble screens big plays. He's doesn't have the hands that Hunter does. Hunter is much better at catching the ball at its high point, Patterson is more of a body snatcher.

Hunter is much more of what we need, he is really long and has the best top speed for the big WR's. He did a 7'0 high jump so he's just going to blow up the combine. Hunter would have the biggest impact for us then any player in this draft. I can just see him running over the top of the D on play actions. You hit 2 of those bombs and Hunter draws both S's out of the box. It would be hard to defend Harvin and AD with 7 men in the box.

I agree we need G help, but the GM likes picking inside lineman late. See DeGeare, sully, fusco. I think the GM believes G's are a good value for his late rounders.

I don't think you need to go DT or MLB in rd 1. We can play with the guys we got. The only position I would deem acceptable to draft in rd 1 this year is WR or CB. Spielman will identify our 2 biggest needs and fill them with our first 2 picks like last year. I'd go Hunter and Trufant.
    I agree with you he probably will go higher than when the Vikings pick but don't underestimate the fact that he's only played one year in major college football. In those terms he's pretty raw. In terms of play, he's also raw. He has a long way to go in learning and being able to run an NFL route tree. To me he's the most impressive and talented offensive talent in the draft. Certainly the best receiver prospect. The thing is teams don't like taking raw too high. DeMaryius Thomas went 22nd overall in a year there was elite talent at receiver position. He was picked before Dez Bryant, who went 24th the same year, but it just shows sometimes immense talent isn't enough to be picked in the Top 20. I know this draft class is different from that one but if those two very talented receiver prospects we're picked that late I think Patterson can be had late too. There are a lot of good prospects at other positions and even at receiver Keenan Allen is still considered the first receiver to be drafted. I think teams like the Dolphins, who pick fairly high (12th), won't take a risk like that on Patterson. I think 23rd is actually about where he'll be taken. Sure someone like St. Louis (16th & 22nd) could grab him in front of us but I'm not too worried... And if we miss out on Patterson there will be some other good prospect who falls as a result. There's nothing saying the Vikings are even to take Patterson over Allen if both are there, which would really piss me off if they did take Allen over him.

As for Hunter, perfect 2nd round pick. Not at 23 though.
    Last edited by HSmith22; 01-17-2013 at 08:40 AM.

vCash
    Ya this whole Te'o thing is a bit unnerving. I'm not so sure that he fits our scheme anyways. If you look at the Colts who ran a perfect Cover-2 you saw a MLB that was not big at all in Gary Brackett but yet he was very very good. So I like the idea of Ogletree.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Ya I don't know who we are going to take in the 1st Rd but you have to think it will be BPA for the most part. IMO if we have a WR & G as the top two left available to pick I think we probably would go with the G. But it all depends on what is remaining for depth at each position. I think WR is deeper but it also depends how much better that player is from the next one on their board.

vCash
    HSmith feel free to message me again as we approach the second and we can talk more. Any of you can do the same if you want to provide input on the mock.

Alec Ogletree is a fast sideline-sideline LB who used to play safety. Obviously we all saw GB attack the short-middle with Brinkley in there so I feel with Ogletree we can greatly improve our defense by having him flyiny around the middle and taking that away.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    I guess another way to look at our WR situation is to say that if you don't want to miss out on one of the best in this draft we could probably trade down into the top of the 2nd round. There will still be prospects on the board that the Chiefs, Jacksonville, or Oakland would probably like to get their hands on. According to the value chart it would cost them both their 2nd and 3rd round selections but if we could get someone to bite, great.

We would then have 2 very high picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds giving us tons of leverage in the rest of the draft. We could take a WR at the top of the 2nd, then take DT later in the 2nd. Then with our top 2 third rounders we could go best linebacker available and then a cornerback for depth. We can then work on the offensive line later on in the draft with a few decent prospects hanging around in the 4th.

It may not be the sexy move to trade down. But at the end of the day I feel like if we can get someone to bite and give up their 2nd and 3rd rounders I think we will come away with more talent at the end of the day.

vCash
    Good point...I don't think there will be anyone there at 23 that we "must have". So I'd like that idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Teo is a bit**. Didnt want him before this news, don't want him now.
    Doubt it. He and any other MLB out there would probably rip any one of us to shreds. And from a football stand point he has had at least 100 tackles each year and this year he really came on strong in coverage. How can you deny that kind of production? Why do you consider him a bit**? Is there an actual reason or is it the same way that I think Aaron Rodgers is a douche because he plays for the Packers? haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Hey guys, I'm doing the Forum wide mock for us. Figured I'd keep you updated here if you are curious took Ogletree. He is the perfect MLB for the cover-2 and I was real happy to snag him as Brinkley sucks in coverage.

Targeting WR in round 2 and none have been picked yet.
    Nice. Go with Rodgers! haha

vCash
    Im not getting the Te'o thing reports say it was his girlfriend that was a hoax and never existed but then he thanks his family and girlfriends family for their support. And then how do you call a chick you never met your girlfriend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Im not getting the Te'o thing reports say it was his girlfriend that was a hoax and never existed but then he thanks his family and girlfriends family for their support. And then how do you call a chick you never met your girlfriend?
    People do crazy stuff online. Like make mock-drafts. haha

vCash
    Last edited by montybeasty; 01-17-2013 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Good point...I don't think there will be anyone there at 23 that we "must have". So I'd like that idea.
    Lets just say hypothetically that Jacksonville wants to trade up with us and we receiver in return the #1 pick in the second round, and #2 in the third round. That would leave us with:
    #33, #53, #64, and #83 in the second and third rounds of the draft. I would be happy with that. The NFL draft value chart hasn't been adjusted after the new CBA but 1st round picks are now more valuable than in the past due to the cheaper salary's first rounders get.

As for players that we could target I think we would definitely go WR at #33. Justin Hunter and Terrance Williams would be two nice players that could be available at the pick. One of the two should be at least. So we immediately get a WR that is not much different than the talen pool at #23.

Later in the round I think we could then turn to DT with #53. Two names that I like right now are Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams. Both are pass rushing DT's who also have potential to stop the run. If it came down to it we would also have the ammunition with the two fourth round picks to move up in the 2nd to grab which ever of the two we prefer.

At #64 I think we should have a great chance to upgrade either LB or guard. I am personally a big fan of Khaseem Green from Rutgers. I honestly think he will end up going in the 2nd round but he is very solid at stopping the run and has the physical attributes to grow into a coverage MLB. If he is off the board I think Larry Worford at guard would be a great addition. Once again he could go in the second but I have a feeling he'll be on the board at the beginning of the third round.

Then finally at #83 we should just take the best secondary player available. Jamar Taylor from Boise State is a name to watch. He is great in zone coverage and would be a great player to put in the nickel. Otherwise if we are feeling risky we could take our shot at Tyrann Mathieu since we basically have a chance to miss once and awhile.

Overall the level of talent between the end of round 1 and the middle of the 2nd round are basically the same. If we were able to do something similar to what I typed up the level of talent on our team would be substantially improved. They obviously might not all be immediate starters but it offers us the ever importabt depth aspect that any team needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    People do crazy stuff online. Like make mock-drafts. haha
    lol that is funny

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast