Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cordarrelle Patterson, how exactly do you pronounce his name? Cord-are-rel? Cord-a-rel?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Cor-darrelle

vCash
    Some mock drafts have Patterson going in the top 10.

vCash
    Does anybody know why Washington (now the Rams pick) is ahead of Minnesota in the draft order? We both finished with the same record but they beat us so shouldn't we be picking 22nd?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Teams that finish with the same record are separated using strength of schedule. Since Washington had a weaker schedule than us, they pick ahead of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    Teams that finish with the same record are separated using strength of schedule. Since Washington had a weaker schedule than us, they pick ahead of us.
    That's stupid. If they use head to head to determine who the best teams are who the post season then head to head should be used with draft order as well.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    That's stupid. If they use head to head to determine who the best teams are who the post season then head to head should be used with draft order as well.
    I agree. I think that they should use the strength of schedule, but then if two teams who played each other are picking in succession they should swap the teams based on the head to head. With the winning team picking behind the team that lost in that head to head matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I agree. I think that they should use the strength of schedule, but then if two teams who played each other are picking in succession they should swap the teams based on the head to head. With the winning team picking behind the team that lost in that head to head matchup.
    We rotate with the Bengals and Redskins every round so I guess in the end it's not that bad.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Here is the thing. Everyone wants WR in the first round right? Look at the depth in order:
    Allen
    Patterson
    Austin
    Woods
    Hopkins
    Williams
    Hunter
    Rodgers
    and now Denard Robinson will play WR at the seinor bowl.
    That's is alot of good quality Wr's
    look at 2012:
    Blackmon at #5
    Floyd at 13
    Wright at 20
    A.J. Jenkins at 30
    Quick at 33
    Hill at 43
    Jeffery at 45
    Broyles at 54
    and Randle at 63
    Now, who had the biggest impact?
    Justin Blackmon was #1 in yards at 865 with five TD's and targeted 133 times and completed 64 of them
    T.Y. Hilton was right behind him with 861 with 7 TD's and targeted 91 times and completed 50 of them
    Josh Gordon had 805 yrds with 5td's and targeted 96 times and made 50 of them
    Then it drops...big time.
    Kendal wright 626 4td's
    Michael Floyd 562 2 td's
    Alshon Jeffery 367 3td's

So. Who got the best value? Colts.
    Colts picked T.Y. Hilton with the 92nd pick in the third round!
    Josh Gordon came in second with the browns picking him with a second round pick.

Now, I realize we all want a better passing attack but I'm telling you guys, Waiting till the second or third with this deep of a class is a better option for us.
    The first round needs to go somewhere else than WR. AP will get most of the touches, so why not make our line the best it can be first to #1 Help Ponder, #2 open up even more holes for AP.
    Getting a Guard should be at the top of the list next to MLB.
    With resigning Harvin, and drafting 2 WR's really puts a ton of strength on offence.
    but not in the first round, unless there is that A.J Green or Calvin Johnson deep threat waiting. Not going to be there in the first.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I take quality WR over G all day. Sorry, you're not talking me into thinking any differently. Our WR stable is embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    I take quality WR over G all day. Sorry, you're not talking me into thinking any differently. Our WR stable is embarrassing.
    I think it really depends on how the draft board plays out. I think there is a decent chance that we will go either G, CB, or MLB in round one. As of today I think the only way we would take a WR in round one is if we didn't think any of Daniel's WR's listed above would make it to us in round 2.

vCash
    With Wright, Harvin, and Rudolph, That's not a bad start. Your looking at atleast 1 or 2 in FA and drafting 2.
    Say we use a second rounder and a fourth. We have two fourth round picks, we could bump up to the third?
    Sorry guys. I just can't see ANY WR with the kind of hype that even last years draft had.
    Patterson and Allen have been shooting up the boards and when it's said and done Allen might be a top ten, and Patterson will be a mid round guy in the first.
    Look. We need a deep threat and the best at the deep ball behind Patterson is Woods from USC and Williams out of Baylor, and Hunter look like a future star, but will take some time to get him where he needs to be. Reminds me of Sidney Rice but not as good of hands.
    Both williams and Woods have all the tools for what we lack.
    I don't see either of them going RND1.
    We need a tall, strong over the top guy, and Patterson will not drop where we will get him and bumping up for him just does not make sence when you can get woods or Williams.
    Both are great prospects. To me Williams looks like a perfect fit.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Problem with that... Harvin might not be here and Wright has proven little. Sorry, but our WR stable is not alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Here is the thing. Everyone wants WR in the first round right? Look at the depth in order:
    Allen
    Patterson
    Austin
    Woods
    Hopkins
    Williams
    Hunter
    Rodgers
    and now Denard Robinson will play WR at the seinor bowl.
    That's is alot of good quality Wr's
    That's actually not very many quality WRs. Denard Robinson? How many games has he played at the WR position to rate him as a quality WR? Hes caught 3 passes in four years at college. Thats quality production for a WR we should draft? There is a very good possibility all of the WRs you mentioned will be off the board by our second round pick. Thats a risk I dont want to take considering the need we have at the position.

look at 2012:
    Blackmon at #5
    Floyd at 13
    Wright at 20
    A.J. Jenkins at 30
    Quick at 33
    Hill at 43
    Jeffery at 45
    Broyles at 54
    and Randle at 63
    Now, who had the biggest impact?
    Justin Blackmon was #1 in yards at 865 with five TD's and targeted 133 times and completed 64 of them
    T.Y. Hilton was right behind him with 861 with 7 TD's and targeted 91 times and completed 50 of them
    Josh Gordon had 805 yrds with 5td's and targeted 96 times and made 50 of them
    Then it drops...big time.
    Kendal wright 626 4td's
    Michael Floyd 562 2 td's
    Alshon Jeffery 367 3td's

So. Who got the best value? Colts.
    Colts picked T.Y. Hilton with the 92nd pick in the third round!
    Josh Gordon came in second with the browns picking him with a second round pick.
    Your logic is so off on this. So since TY Hilton had a quality year it means taking a WR in the first round is a no no? (guess no one should ever take a QB before the sixth round because Brady is one of the best ever)You have to look at each WRs situation. Most of the guys you mentioned only played a hand full of games because of the teams depth. Others were injured. Then you have to take into account the offenses they played in and the QBs they had throwing them the ball. You need to factor in all of that when rating a WR. Look at what Larry Fitzgerald did with a horrible QB situation. Hilton out preformed him. Is Hilton better then Fitz?

Now, I realize we all want a better passing attack but I'm telling you guys, Waiting till the second or third with this deep of a class is a better option for us.
    The first round needs to go somewhere else than WR. AP will get most of the touches, so why not make our line the best it can be first to #1 Help Ponder, #2 open up even more holes for AP.
    Getting a Guard should be at the top of the list next to MLB.
    With resigning Harvin, and drafting 2 WR's really puts a ton of strength on offence.
    but not in the first round, unless there is that A.J Green or Calvin Johnson deep threat waiting. Not going to be there in the first.
    Our oline was ranked the 3rd best in the NFL. Guard should not be an option in the first three rounds. Adrian Peterson had the second best year of a RB ever! Our oline is fine.

Hate to break it to you but there aren't too many AJ Greens and Calvin Johnsons around.

vCash
    Stay away from Teo because he is a fraud. Just lost all respect for him. Big liar.

12 Tackles

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast