Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Zeke Motta. SS out of ND. You want to see the twin of Harrison Smith..look no further.
    Zeke is a better tackler believe it or not and has a great sideline to sideline range. He's a thumper and a smart player too. Smith and Motta would lock up our safety spots for years. to me, he is an easy 2nd round talent, but alot of draft boards have him low for some reason??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mPCpzMUoYKjzIw

He would fit in perfectly here.

Now the trick is, can we get him in the 4th round or lower? If he is as good as you say he is then we may never get a shot at him because of our other pressing needs. He should get some nice exposure in the BCS Championship.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Round
    1-Terrance Williams
    2-Da'rick Rogers
    3-DT/LB
    4-CB/S
    4-LG
    5-3rd down/scat back/KR
    6-Punter
    6-RT
    7-CB

I think we will have 2 2nd rounders in this draft personally... This team is decently close to a complete animal. Add 3 gems in the draft and one FA and the holes are filled. But first lets make it to the playoffs to entice some FA's!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    While I do hope we double dip WRs in this upcoming draft, I would feel better if it was 1st rd then 3rd or 2nd and 3rd. One of our top two picks should be a guard. We hopefully can find a quality DT in the 3rd or later because there are so many talented prospects this year.

1st- Warmack
    2nd-Patterson
    3rd- Rogers
    4th- BPA (DT)
    5th- BPA (CB)
    6th- BPA
    7th- BPA

vCash
    For the first round so far I like Warmack. He is already getting alot of buzz and I have a feeling we might not have the chance. There are two other Guards that look real good too. Not warmack ya but Larry Warford looks like a great road grader, but they say he has a hard time in pass protection.
    If Warmack is gone I feel like our best player that would contribute the most for us would be MLB Alec Ogletree. He should be there when we pick and would give us a guy who would make for a great addition for a long term player. There are no good MLB free agents worth bringing in, and I really do feel like Brinkley could make for a good OLB and give Cole more reps as a MLB sub.

In round two there is a so many guys to pick from and it needs to be a good choice.
    The top guy available that fills a need in RND 2 to me would be Terrance Williams (WR)
    or Sylvester Williams (DT).
    Although I feel like Terrance might not be there, it would be a great pick.
    Sylvester Williams is really Impressing me with his size and style of play.
    He reminds me a little of Kevin Williams and could bring back a little of the Williams wall.
    If we do go DT in the second and want a WR in the third Da'Rick Rodgers would make for a great WR for us. Good size and speed and deep threat ability but the thing I like about him is he is fearless across the middle.
    If we Go WR in the second Louis Nix out of ND might and should be available and would be a steal in the third for a great NT.
    Speaking of steal. In the fourth would be to me the time to pull the trigger on a hidden Gem. Zeke Motta. SS out of ND. I love this guy. I feel like he would have such a huge impact. Love this guy. All the ND games I have watched with him playing just flat out impresses me. I'm a big Harrison Smith guy and If we took Motta, I Bet our Safety depth would be one of the best in the NFL.
    The rest of the rounds....?? not sure yet.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    For the first round so far I like Warmack. He is already getting alot of buzz and I have a feeling we might not have the chance. There are two other Guards that look real good too. Not warmack ya but Larry Warford looks like a great road grader, but they say he has a hard time in pass protection.
    If Warmack is gone I feel like our best player that would contribute the most for us would be MLB Alec Ogletree. He should be there when we pick and would give us a guy who would make for a great addition for a long term player. There are no good MLB free agents worth bringing in, and I really do feel like Brinkley could make for a good OLB and give Cole more reps as a MLB sub.

In round two there is a so many guys to pick from and it needs to be a good choice.
    The top guy available that fills a need in RND 2 to me would be Terrance Williams (WR)
    or Sylvester Williams (DT).
    Although I feel like Terrance might not be there, it would be a great pick.
    Sylvester Williams is really Impressing me with his size and style of play.
    He reminds me a little of Kevin Williams and could bring back a little of the Williams wall.
    If we do go DT in the second and want a WR in the third Da'Rick Rodgers would make for a great WR for us. Good size and speed and deep threat ability but the thing I like about him is he is fearless across the middle.
    If we Go WR in the second Louis Nix out of ND might and should be available and would be a steal in the third for a great NT.
    Speaking of steal. In the fourth would be to me the time to pull the trigger on a hidden Gem. Zeke Motta. SS out of ND. I love this guy. I feel like he would have such a huge impact. Love this guy. All the ND games I have watched with him playing just flat out impresses me. I'm a big Harrison Smith guy and If we took Motta, I Bet our Safety depth would be one of the best in the NFL.
    The rest of the rounds....?? not sure yet.
    Guards don't typically go high in the draft. I mean David DeCastro was considered a stud, can't miss prospect and he didn't get drafted until 24th overall. Kevin Zeitler also didn't get picked up 27th overall. I would love to address the guard spot early but I think we can get a quality quard in the 2nd round.

I truly believe in drafting BPA over drafting by need but I think in our case the need for a wide receiver is so much greater than any other position on this team. If we are able to resign Percy and sign a wide receiver then I would be ok with waiting until the 2nd round for a receiver but with the way the roster stands wide receiver is by far and away the most desperate position on this roster.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I like warmack also but I feel we would have a better opportunity signing a Guard in FA than a Wr both money and they get to play next to Kalil and block for Ap,

!!!!!!!!!! Take a late flier one Lattimore if he lasts until the 6th! Let Ap train with him in the offseason to strengthen his knee and learn behind a true professional and superhuman for a couple years. Anyone else hope that AP retires a Vike and immediately becomes their RB coach.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-11-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I like warmack also but I feel we would have a better opportunity signing a Guard in FA than a Wr both money and they get to play next to Kalil and block for Ap,

!!!!!!!!!! Take a late flier one Lattimore if he lasts until the 6th! Let Ap train with him in the offseason to strengthen his knee and learn behind a true professional and superhuman for a couple years. Anyone else hope that AP retires a Vike and immediately becomes their RB coach.
    I wouldn't mind taking a risk on Lattimore if he falls that late but I doubt he goes in the 6th. Somebody will take a chance on his talent earlier than that.

Also, I don't want to see the words AP and retires next to each for a very long time. The day AP retires will be a very very sad day for all of us. :cry:

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking a risk on Lattimore if he falls that late but I doubt he goes in the 6th. Somebody will take a chance on his talent earlier than that.

Also, I don't want to see the words AP and retires next to each for a very long time. The day AP retires will be a very very sad day for all of us. :cry:
    My apologies, I will admit that day will bring a Tear. I like Warmack but Guards are not as hard to find in later rounds as Tackles. No doubt Warmack is great but so are the guys on his left and right. I like Ogletree as well but Im starting to really like Terrance Williams and theres no way he sees the 2nd round. In my eyes the 2 easiest most affordable players we can get in FA will be a DT and LG. There is no 55-60ml asking price for Giards this offseason and there is cetainly some talent. Draft young offens, our D has been great this year considering how much more time they spend on the field than the offense.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-12-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    If FA fixes our holes at the Guard and DT position, we will be in prime position to have an outstanding draft.

Assuming our Guards/DT have been adequately replaced in FA, this is my dream draft, as of 12/12/12: (because we know our opinions will change a lot by the time April rolls around haha)

1. Keenan Allen
    2. Kevin Minter
    3. Da'rick Rogers
    4. Honey Badger (I say he drops cuz of the off-the-field issues)
    5. Wes Horten, DE, USC. (Solid DE who should be available here)
    6. Michael Dyer (Chance he is there because of Off-the field issues, but he is
    very talented)
    7. Shaq Wilson, OLB, USCarolina. (Productive and fast but super small for the
    position)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    If FA fixes our holes at the Guard and DT position, we will be in prime position to have an outstanding draft.

Assuming our Guards/DT have been adequately replaced in FA, this is my dream draft, as of 12/12/12: (because we know our opinions will change a lot by the time April rolls around haha)

1. Keenan Allen
    2. Kevin Minter
    3. Da'rick Rogers
    4. Honey Badger (I say he drops cuz of the off-the-field issues)
    5. Wes Horten, DE, USC. (Solid DE who should be available here)
    6. Michael Dyer (Chance he is there because of Off-the field issues, but he is
    very talented)
    7. Shaq Wilson, OLB, USCarolina. (Productive and fast but super small for the
    position)
    Don't we have 2-4ths and 2-6ths?
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdak87 View Post
    Yes we acquired Detroit's 4th rounder and Tennessee's 6th rounder. However, we will lose an undisclosed draft pick to Arizona for A.J. Jefferson. I recall hearing it was a late round pick but I really don't know for sure.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 12-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Yes we acquired Detroit's 4th rounder and Tennessee's 6th rounder. However, we will lose an undisclosed draft pick to Arizona for A.J. Jefferson. I recall hearing it was a late round pick but I really don't know for sure.
    According to what I know, still have no idea where the pick will be, but its an exchange of picks, so we will be getting something from the cards. Since their record is so much worse it'll probably end up being a round off, so we'll give them our 6th for their 7th or our 5th for their 6th.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdak87 View Post
    Yeah sorry, I try not to use picks I'm not sure about in a mock. Unless I know for sure, I just use 1-7. haha. The extra picks can be used to move up and get exactly who we want.

vCash
    West Virginia WR Stedman Bailey will turn pro
    Dec 17 - 4:32 PM

West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen announced Monday that WR Stedman Bailey will forego his senior season and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.

West Virginia QB Geno Smith's high school teammate, Bailey racked up 106 catches for 1,501 yards and 23 touchdowns in a prolific junior season. Although Bailey is listed at just 5-foot-10, 188, his playing style more closely resembles that of a "pro-style" perimeter receiver than explosive Mountaineers slot man Tavon Austin. Austin and Bailey will both almost certainly be top-100 draft picks in April. Austin, a 5-foot-9, 174-pound senior, finished the 2012 regular season with a receiving stat line of 110-1,259-12.

Tennessee WR Hunter to enter 2013 NFL Draft
    Dec 17 - 4:14 PM

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter announced on his Twitter page Monday that he will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Listed at 6-foot-4, 200, Hunter racked up 73 catches for 1,083 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior after suffering a torn left ACL three plays into his sophomore season. In 2012, Hunter wasn't quite the same explosive vertical threat he flashed the ability to be early in his college career, but he figures to regain flexibility and quickness a year removed from the knee reconstruction. He also struggled with dropped passes this year. Hunter still projects as a top-50 pick and top-five receiver drafted in April.

Source: Justin Hunter on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...-will-turn-pro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    West Virginia WR Stedman Bailey will turn pro
    Dec 17 - 4:32 PM

Tennessee WR Hunter to enter 2013 NFL Draft
    Dec 17 - 4:14 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...-will-turn-pro
    I'll take them both plus a few more lol

- Mike Zimmer

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast