Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Only reason I say maybe to Allen is that we may not be high enough to pick him, hes probably the best WR in the class.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I don't see Allen being a top 10 pick so I think theres a good chance we could land him somewhere in the 11-15 range if we end up picking there.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    The Vikings need a wide receiver with some size for Christian Ponder. A big, fast target like Allen would really help their offense exploit mismatches of defenses focusing on Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Allen looks like he could have the talent to be a big-time receiver. Allen caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman in 2010. He put together a huge 2011 season, racking up 98 receptions for 1,343 yards and six scores. To go along with ideal size, Allen has the speed to make big plays downfield.

The junior has 61 receptions for 737 yards and six touchdowns so far in 2012. He has also returned a punt 69 yards for a touchdown. Weak quarterback play from his brother, Zach Maynard, is hurting his opportunities.

Allen looks like the complete package as a receiver. He uses his size and strength to run routes in the short to intermediate part of the field, but has no hesitation running crossing routes and is very adept at picking up yards after the catch. Allen is an aggressive play-maker who attacks the football in the air. He is sure-handed and already well-developed.

Not only does Allen have the speed to run downfield, but he beat defenses over the top, too. Allen has a second gear and the explosion to break off big gains. He is faster than many defensive backs expect and is physical with defenders.

Allen looks like a great fit for an NFL West Coast offense. He could be an X (split end) or Z (flanker) receiver who works in all levels of the defense.
    Walterfootball's Charlie Campbell did a mock draft with the Vikings taking Allen (which is irrelevant at this point in the season) but I wanted to post his thoughts on Allen and the Vikings taking him.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I am becoming a big fan of WR Terrance williams from Baylor. He is going to be a star. If we get the chance, he needs to be ours in the first.
    But to be totaly honest fellas my favorite this year is Safety Zeke Motta out of ND.
    1st off he is very very close to Harrison Smith as friends and have almost the same style of play. Motta is a better Tackler and would make for a killer fit at SS and Smith at FS.
    This would make for a dream come true for me as a first round pick in the 2013 draft. Love this guys play and style as I do Smiths. Keep a close eye on this guy. Big time pickup!!!.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    if we are staying with this defensive style we need lb's who can cover. Erin Henderson as much as I love him, cannot cover... I am starting to find out why they only signed him to a 1 year deal. He has caused some crucial tds and first downs by not staying in his proper coverage. That being said, my former high school team mate is coming out of his senior year at Rutgers. This guy is a beast and has a crazy work ethic. Steve Beauharnais 6-2 230lb. ATM he isn't on any scouting reports but he should impress at the combine and IMO he would be a nice fit for OLB for us.

vCash
    So i know we need a WR. That should be our number 1 pick no matter what...unless manti teo falls to us which i doubt.

But i'm hearing that tyrann mathieu is gonna come out this year and i know he has problems, but i wouldn't mind him in 3rd or 4th round.
    Chris cook can't stay healthy EVER!! And winfield is getting old.

Cook, Winefield, Robinson, And Mathieu would be very nice imo.

vCash

Tyrann Mathieu a.k.a honey badger

hes entering the draft if he falls to us do we take him ?? just remember harvin got in trouble for doin drugs in college and look what he has become...

vCash
    I think Mathieu is overrated. Harvin was a beast in college. Mathieu made some big plays but a lot of them were on returns I think. I don't know if he'll be that good in the NFL. Also, I'm pretty sure that Mathieu is pretty small. I mean if he's there in a low pick and he is the BPA, then I say go for it but I doubt that is going to happen cuz I think some team is gonna gamble on him and take him a bit too high.

vCash
    I may be in the minority, but I take him in a heart beat. Winfield is getting old, and mathieu hits like winfield but is a better playmaker. He lacks a little in coverage, but I'd be fine if we drafter him and/or Da'Rick Rogers.

^Credit to TearsOfPurple^

vCash
    we need to get mathieu
    Last edited by Harvin4MVP; 11-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    The guy is a playmaker, I would have on this team. Draft him in the 5th round though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvin4MVP View Post
    we need to get mathieu
    I would draft him too, but we don't "need" him.

vCash
    The Honey Badger is going to be drafted late. With that said I wouldn't mind us taking a gamble on him in the later rounds. He covers well but his tackling is spotty at times.

We really need a MLB who can cover the deep pass. Unless we transition away from the more conventional cover 2 scheme. Brinkley can't compete in coverage. The Olgetree or whatever MLB from Gerogia looks like a solid pick up.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    The guy is a playmaker, I would have on this team. Draft him in the 5th round though.
    Exactly. I would love to have him but just not with a really high pick. To be honest, I would just Spielman and the staff do their thing cuz they did a good job this year.

vCash
    In order of need:
    WR
    G
    LB
    DT
    CB

If we could pick up some talent in the draft and sign Romo this offseason after Dallas gets rid of him , we could be in for a much better year.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast