Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Porcello sells number

Porcello gave Hunter his number 48 in exchange for a donation to Hurricane Sandy relief. Porcello will wear #21. Not exciting but a nice story.

vCash
    That's pretty cool, I like how Porcello basically said "I don't need the money, just donate it to the relief fund".

He probably didn't care too much for #48 anyway, #21 is sexier

vCash
    Good move Rick

vCash
    "I'm getting traded anyway"

lololol jkjkjkjk

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    "I'm getting traded anyway"

lololol jkjkjkjk
    Yea thats not even cool. For someone who currently lives in the area (myself - though not affected at all by Sandy) and someone who is from the area (Porcello) this is an amazing thing to do.

We have no idea how much money Torii offerred to pay, but for Porcello to even come up with the idea to donate the money instead was a class act.

I've always been a supporter of him on this board and we all have to remember that he is still SO young. Having him as the #4 starter is fine by me.

vCash
    if its the last thing he does as a tiger, at least it was a classy one

vCash
    This story came out weeks ago, and i'm not going to praise a millionaire for giving a few bucks to a relief fund that will probably go directly into somebodies pocket like every other donation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    This story came out weeks ago, and i'm not going to praise a millionaire for giving a few bucks to a relief fund that will probably go directly into somebodies pocket like every other donation.
    Why do you think money you donate goes into someone's pockets? Do you know how close the IRS monitors non-profits? I have a few very close friends who run them. To keep your 501C tax status, there are so many rules and regulations to make sure those things don't happen. It's very rare that people skim off the top of those kind of organizations. Just an FYI....

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)