Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    We were an average team last year, no doubt much better than this year's version, but average nonetheless. We were not good enough to compete for a championship. In order to compete, we brought in a new GM who saw a need to tear it down and start again...in order to compete for a championship.

7-4 is as pointless an argument as the one regarding McFadden being all-world for 6 games. The season is 16 games and the product we had last year wasn't good enough.

I can understand the frustration, but the constant beating of this drum is very much akin to a child in the backseat constantly crying about whether we are there yet.

Last year is gone, and no matter how much you complain, its never coming back. We understand your point, truly. But it has become nothing more than *****ing.

More than that, supporting Hue Jackson does nothing but illustrate how poorly you guys perceive his flaws. He is unemployable as a HC....and very likely as an OC based on his time here.

Beyond the lack of discipline was an acute lack of accountability, illustrated perfectly by his allowing McClain to play after the incident in Alabama. Which, btw, directly preceded our 1-4 slide into ignominy.

Hue got exactly what he deserved.

-Stork

Reg hasn't torn anything down... Last year is gone you are correct, I don't care about last year but to say Reg has torn it down to rebuild is bull.... He has only cut some players checks and got rid of couple guys that we couldn't afford.... He picked up a couple of players woopti woop... He needs to make his decision clear if he is going to tear it down and rebuild then do it and make some trades for the future ...

vCash
    Are we there yet?

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I get the fact that we are committed to tearing things down and building back up. I have a real problem with the constant knock on Al. Granted he was in the game longer than he should have, however he was famous for bringing in veterans from other teams that had a year or two left in them and compete year in and year out. In the 70's and 80's the Raiders were one of the oldest teams in the league. I just don't see how some of the older fans on here who remember the good ol days can bash a man who did things that is why we became a Raider fan to start with. One thing about Al that the current staff should hang on to is that he believed the Raiders could win every year. What we have to do now is not spend years of rebuilding and forget how to win. Competing and being in games is important right now and currently we act like this is part of the process. That is a lame excuse. Competing for the rest of the season is important and a must. Do something now to build on.
    It's not so much a knock on Al, but how can you not lay the futility of the past eight years at his door step?

Anyone that has been a fan of the Raiders prior to '01 has a great reverence for the man. His body of work has far more hits than misses, and some of the hits were groundbreaking to say the least.

It s a shame that someone who had such command of the game from a knoweledge stand point had to go out the way he did, certainly not an exclamation point on an otherwise stellar career.

And yes, maintaining some form of competitiveness is of the utmost importance right now, it would be a strong indicator of Allen's ability to lead and McKenzie's ability to choose leaders....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Reg hasn't torn anything down... Last year is gone you are correct, I don't care about last year but to say Reg has torn it down to rebuild is bull.... He has only cut some players checks and got rid of couple guys that we couldn't afford.... He picked up a couple of players woopti woop... He needs to make his decision clear if he is going to tear it down and rebuild then do it and make some trades for the future ...
    Check your history books, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I know, I know, it's hard to believe but check it out........
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I was in favor of the Carson Palmer trade, and still am. I also did not believe we would get far in the playoffs. I simply had zero faith in last years defense and its ability to protect a lead.

This team has gone about its business in one way since the early 1960's. Like any enterprise changing it business model, there will be monumental difficulties, especially when the current players were chosen with the latter methods in mind. I am not happy, not even a little bit, but this should have happened in 1988 with the Shanahan regime, Al didn't follow through and the organization was forced to wait until he passed to see these kinds of changes, I am ok with this season, if if the Raiders fail to win another game if it ensures the next 25 years are not like the last 25 years.
    Again with Shanahan ? I'm starting to think you guys go tanning together. Last years defense had a coach coming from the AFL.... What player would like to be coached by him....

vCash
    [QUOTE=corralski;24543293]Check your history books, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I know, I know, it's hard to believe but check it out........[/

Excuse me I didn't hear you behind all that **** I don't give.... I'm simply correcting someone on the fact that Reg has not torn anything down... He has only managed to get under the cap ... That's not something to jump for joy about anyone could have done that.

vCash
    but you have to get under the cap while keeping players. you cant dump everyone and then still have to pay them and be ok. And yes anyone could have done that, but that's not why we brought him here. We brought him here because he is a good evaluator of talent. He hasn't even begun to do his job yet because he hasn't had the money or resources. He had to cut players just to sign draft picks.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    The refs are going to call the game close on us because they hate the Raiders. That'll never change. I don't know if it was cause Al sued them so much and won. Or they think the Raiders play dirty. Maybe cause its jealousy. Hate that fact that Raider fans are so loyal win or lose. I remember Rod Woodson that played so many yrs with the Steelers and Ravens with his jersey untucked during the games. But his first game as a Raider was fined for not having his jersey tucked. He said after being fined. All the yrs that ive played with other teams I've never been fined or even told about it. That's the way the Raiders get treated for yrs. Look at the number of great players that played for the Raiders and haven't been elected to the Hall of Fame. And about are fan base. Only hear negative stuff. Never how loyal we are as fans. Thinks will never change. But I'm find with that. RM will get us pointed I the right direction once again and the Raiders will dominate again. He'll continue to get rid of lazy over paid players that came for just the money. And replace them with true Raider warriors. Play with everything they have. It is a rebuilding yr. it might take a couple of years to get us back into the playoffs. I'll be patient, let RM straighten out the mess. Be once its put back together and we win the Super Bowl. I'll laugh at all the haters.

vCash
    It should always be defense first in raiderville. Even if we sucked, we'd still be respected.

The way it is now, we suck AND we're getting disrespected at the same time.

vCash
    Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson return Thursday night.

Richard Seymour - who apparently is far more important then we think he is - may also return for Thursday night football.

Greg Knapp, if he's still the coordinator - and I hope he's not - needs to commit to the running game. Run and run and run and run some more.

Let the O/L line 'em up and hit 'em. It's about damned time I saw this team play some physical football.

This mamby-pamby "throw it 60 times" when running lanes are open is bull-****. Enough is enough!

vCash
    When will they finally learn that hiring these rookie head coaches isnt going to cut it? This team has far too many issues for a rookie head coach to fix. Its clear these players have no respect for Allen.

vCash
    I will believe McFragile is coming back when I see it. For the last 3 weeks we have heard all week that he is going to play. Then comes Sunday morning, and the news comes across the screen that Mcfadden is out. Same thing happened last year and he missed the rest of the year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12