Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Something needs to change

I thought there might be a thread about it already, but I assume we as raider fans are sadly used to getting screwed over constantly. I, for one, can't let what happened sunday slide. Although I am usually optimistic I did not believe that if things (flags) went our way that we would have won, but the fact that officials took potential pts away from our team is BS. I can at least understand a ref mistaking two players falling forward for clipping, but that early whistle haunts my dreams i can't even imagine what I would do if that were the playoffs. Like I said I didn't think we would have won either way my beef is simply that the Raiders organization and we as fans shouldn't be used to getting picked on by officials just because of our long running stigma of being the bad guy. We deserve just as much a shot on every play as any other team. The worst part is that whenever we have bad calls they aren't brought up anywhere they just show our fights, our crazy fans, and that ********** BS tuck rule. We are the most loyal fanbase in my book (screw cheese heads and those dumba** terrible towel wavin mofos) and I think we should all come together and make it known to the league and officials that this needs to change. Sorry if this was too long for some (thats what she said) but it has to be said. If im overreacting let a fellow raider know so I can woosah

vCash
    The coaching staff needs to change period !

vCash

Fire some coaches and let some players go.

They need to fire knapp first of all. They need to drop players: seymour, giordano, dhb, barnes, taiwan jones, ausberry(I thought he had game but they don't play him), gordon.

The offense is very vanilla: keep running mcfadden till wheels fall off, now if you watch the playcalling its pathetic. They cant even score in the redzone. They should keep reece at running back to share snaps with mcfadden.

vCash
    This is all really hard to digest, its been rough as a Raider fan and I'm not sure if this is rock bottom Or what. What I am sure of is that after this season is over we will continue to make this overhaul and dramatic changes are inevitable.

vCash
    The reason I always loved the Raiders was because their defense was always feared. Even when they had a bad "O" they always had a tough "D". It was their pride.

Now, they just get ran over. It's depressing and embarrassing. Please fix the D, RM!

vCash
    I have seen a lot of Raider football over the last 38 years as I began watching them in 1974.. We were always different.. The bad ***** that no one wanted, but we're always afraid to play.. Even when we were bad, people usually got hurt or played poorly the next week because of the beating they took in a Raider game.

There comes a point in every organization where systematic changes need to be made to enhance the future of that group. That point is here now for the Raiders.. Curry and McClain are now gone with probably others to follow.. There is a GM that fully backs his HC and isn't putting up with the same old BS from players who have attitudes or want to go out and party all the time.. Change is here and it should extend to underperforming players, coaches, scouts etc.. Reggie made some good finds on a shoestring budget, imagine what he can do with a less constrained payroll. We are going to see a HUGE turnover this year folks.. Dont be surprised if both Saunders and Knapp are gone, along with areas of the team that have not progressed.. This looks like a 3 yr plan and we are getting through year 1 of it.. Weeding out the problem/underperforming players and personnel are a large

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwood View Post
    I have seen a lot of Raider football over the last 38 years as I began watching them in 1974.. We were always different.. The bad ***** that no one wanted, but we're always afraid to play.. Even when we were bad, people usually got hurt or played poorly the next week because of the beating they took in a Raider game.

There comes a point in every organization where systematic changes need to be made to enhance the future of that group. That point is here now for the Raiders.. Curry and McClain are now gone with probably others to follow.. There is a GM that fully backs his HC and isn't putting up with the same old BS from players who have attitudes or want to go out and party all the time.. Change is here and it should extend to underperforming players, coaches, scouts etc.. Reggie made some good finds on a shoestring budget, imagine what he can do with a less constrained payroll. We are going to see a HUGE turnover this year folks.. Dont be surprised if both Saunders and Knapp are gone, along with areas of the team that have not progressed.. This looks like a 3 yr plan and we are getting through year 1 of it.. Weeding out the problem/underperforming players and personnel are a large
    Part of the process.. Damn iPhone..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    It has always been, and always will be, THE RAIDERS AGAINST THE WORLD. We simply need to dominate to control our fate. If one call can decide the outcome of a game, we didn't play well enough. ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    It has always been, and always will be, THE RAIDERS AGAINST THE WORLD. We simply need to dominate to control our fate. If one call can decide the outcome of a game, we didn't play well enough. ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION.
    I totally agree with you bro im just tired of not feeling like we get a fair shot but hey its in the past we can onky move forward mcclains gone lets try and get teo..... Manti teo baby!!!

vCash
    Consider last year, and then consider even the beginning of this year.

The coaching either has to change something, anything or its got to go.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Consider last year? Tell me, what was so great about last year?

vCash
    well, we werent trying to break the record for ineptness on defense...we currently are on pace for record setting points allowed in a season..and we had a running game, and we had a winning record at this point with an offense that was scoring close to a TD more a game against a far more difficult schedule the we have faced this year.

I get supportting RM and DA for more then a year despite everything, but I dont get the insistence from many that we stunk last year.
    we struggled DEFENSIVELY. Offensively we were great until injuries derailed us, but EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS WAS TALKING PLAYOFFS WHEN WE WERE 7-4...now we are wondering if well lose out..
    Then some of you said, well its cuz the contracts we had to dump...really who exactly are you talking about?
    two guys are starting in the NFL on different teams, wimbley and satele...THAT IS IT.
    so those two guys were carrying the team?
    I would EVEN support the idea that JC was operating Hues offense to a high degree and THAT is why we were winning....but some of theses reasons sure sound like excuses...

vCash
    We were an average team last year, no doubt much better than this year's version, but average nonetheless. We were not good enough to compete for a championship. In order to compete, we brought in a new GM who saw a need to tear it down and start again...in order to compete for a championship.

7-4 is as pointless an argument as the one regarding McFadden being all-world for 6 games. The season is 16 games and the product we had last year wasn't good enough.

I can understand the frustration, but the constant beating of this drum is very much akin to a child in the backseat constantly crying about whether we are there yet.

Last year is gone, and no matter how much you complain, its never coming back. We understand your point, truly. But it has become nothing more than *****ing.

More than that, supporting Hue Jackson does nothing but illustrate how poorly you guys perceive his flaws. He is unemployable as a HC....and very likely as an OC based on his time here.

Beyond the lack of discipline was an acute lack of accountability, illustrated perfectly by his allowing McClain to play after the incident in Alabama. Which, btw, directly preceded our 1-4 slide into ignominy.

Hue got exactly what he deserved.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    well, we werent trying to break the record for ineptness on defense...we currently are on pace for record setting points allowed in a season..and we had a running game, and we had a winning record at this point with an offense that was scoring close to a TD more a game against a far more difficult schedule the we have faced this year.

I get supportting RM and DA for more then a year despite everything, but I dont get the insistence from many that we stunk last year.
    we struggled DEFENSIVELY. Offensively we were great until injuries derailed us, but EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS WAS TALKING PLAYOFFS WHEN WE WERE 7-4...now we are wondering if well lose out..
    Then some of you said, well its cuz the contracts we had to dump...really who exactly are you talking about?
    two guys are starting in the NFL on different teams, wimbley and satele...THAT IS IT.
    so those two guys were carrying the team?
    I would EVEN support the idea that JC was operating Hues offense to a high degree and THAT is why we were winning....but some of theses reasons sure sound like excuses...

I was in favor of the Carson Palmer trade, and still am. I also did not believe we would get far in the playoffs. I simply had zero faith in last years defense and its ability to protect a lead.

This team has gone about its business in one way since the early 1960's. Like any enterprise changing it business model, there will be monumental difficulties, especially when the current players were chosen with the latter methods in mind. I am not happy, not even a little bit, but this should have happened in 1988 with the Shanahan regime, Al didn't follow through and the organization was forced to wait until he passed to see these kinds of changes, I am ok with this season, if if the Raiders fail to win another game if it ensures the next 25 years are not like the last 25 years.

vCash
    I get the fact that we are committed to tearing things down and building back up. I have a real problem with the constant knock on Al. Granted he was in the game longer than he should have, however he was famous for bringing in veterans from other teams that had a year or two left in them and compete year in and year out. In the 70's and 80's the Raiders were one of the oldest teams in the league. I just don't see how some of the older fans on here who remember the good ol days can bash a man who did things that is why we became a Raider fan to start with. One thing about Al that the current staff should hang on to is that he believed the Raiders could win every year. What we have to do now is not spend years of rebuilding and forget how to win. Competing and being in games is important right now and currently we act like this is part of the process. That is a lame excuse. Competing for the rest of the season is important and a must. Do something now to build on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast