Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's not one guy, there are too many of these type of players this offseason and no even mid level FA.

It's more symbolic of a team that doesn't have many plans this offseason to do anything of significance besides re-signing Wright and Dickey (we're not even sure of that yet either)
    Let me put it this way. Even if we were in on mid level FA's not only would we still be signing these guys, but there has only been handful of mid level free agents who have signed.

Go back and look at every off season for every team in baseball. There are going to be the same amount of players like this.

The only reason people are once again getting their panties in a bunch is because in 2 weeks we won't be handing out large contracts.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Here is the last 6 days of transactions in baseball. Filled with players you have never even herd of before.

vCash
    Edit..
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-27-2012 at 07:37 AM.

vCash

You Forgot One More Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Who?

Let me guess 29 year old career minor leaguer?
    He is extremely cheap. Let me also fill in replies to my comment. Oh they are filling out the minor leagues. I just wonder when are they gonna address the major league talent level. Boycott the Mets in 2013. Its obvious the Wilpons are either too broke or too disinterested in running the team correctly. So in either case they need to sell the team.

vCash

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He should fare well in Las Vegas.
    At the slots or buffett?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    At the slots or buffett?
    Neither.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Here is the last 6 days of transactions in baseball. Filled with players you have never even herd of before.
    Fair enough, it's more of an anticipatory reaction though.

Whether rightfully justified or not, from the FA acquisitions we have made the last 2 offseasons it looks like it will be another winter that includes mainly these type of guys.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-27-2012 at 07:40 AM.

vCash

Mets trade for Brandon Hicks

This is not a filling in AAA deal, guys like Hicks, Burke and Recker are on the 40 man roster. This guys as of right now are guys that we will see on the team at some point or another and are likely to see on opening day.

vCash
    The reason why the fan base gets pissed off and cynical over moves like this is that the last few seasons we rarely sign anyone of any real value and that players like Hicks are always available on the waiver wire, FA list, independent leagues, Mexican leagues etc. Players of this caliber are always out there.

For all you guys pointing to how well the Dickey signing was…that was dumb luck. Like hitting the snake eyes bet on a craps table. It pays off once in a while.

I'd hate to see Wright go, but if they make a big trade involving Wright or Dickey, then at least they will have done something this off season.

Everyone keeps pointing to another 4th place finish. I'm not convinced we're not looking at 5th. The Marlins will do something if for no other reason than to just grab some positive headlines, and there will be a dark cloud over the Mets net year as the team now stands. At least a wholesale change by trading Dickey, Wright and others would make the team interesting for a half year. As it sits now, it is dull and predictable.

Now is the winter of our discontent.

vCash
    Lets complain about this signing non stop like we did dickey and hope we jinx it so he becomes a .270 30 HR player.

But really there's not much upside to this guy. Yeah he's got a little pop but not much else. Anyone no anything about his defense?

Anyways of we needed someone young with pop should have held onto Evans or f mart.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Lets complain about this signing non stop like we did dickey and hope we jinx it so he becomes a .270 30 HR player.

But really there's not much upside to this guy. Yeah he's got a little pop but not much else. Anyone no anything about his defense?

Anyways of we needed someone young with pop should have held onto Evans or f mart.
    minor league pop in the PCL with a lot of strikeouts and a low batting average rarely translates into major league pop or productivity.

but who knows, maybe the guy is working on his knuckle swing and is planning on climbing Mount Everest in a few years. There's always room for another church.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The Mets have cash to offer another team?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The Mets have cash to offer another team?
    Yeah, it's Ripley's.

Of course, no one said how much cash they're talking about. For all we know it might cover travel expenses and a Dollar Meal.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Didn't Obama promise the Wilnotpons cash if he was elected or was that the Egyptians???? Was he supposed to do something about the Somali Pirates or was that the Pittsburgh Pirates???? I know he said something about the Royals.

I lost track of things those last few days before the election.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234