Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The new "Laker Channel" by Time Warner is amazing

I cant believe we went this long without our own network, now I know how the yankees feel with theirs.

This morning I was watching Jodie Meeks do his grocery shopping with his good freind Chris Douglas-Roberts, he loves his sonny delight. Followed by a tour of his bachelor pad. For dinner, he and the younger/new players (Johnson-Odom, Meeks, Morris) all had dinner together at some sports bar. Its like they're regular dudes, building friendships, no one really recognized them there though lol. But its cool seeing this side of them. Morris mentioned that theres a sandwich named after him at his school he attended, he's sort of the "cool guy" outspoken/jokester one of the younger group.

Then they had an episode where they (camera men) hung out with Antwan Jamison for a day. Rode with him in his Rolls Royce around town, the way he treats valet people, fans wanting autographs, and his barber, such a cool cat. He mentioned that all his career he HATED the lakers since they were the evil empire of the NBA, the fame, the money, etc... But now that he's old, he wants a ring. At least he's honest.

Then theres the backstage behind the scenes lives of the laker girls, how many hoops they have to jump through to become one, the competition is insane. Did you know that all laker girls have to try out EVERY year to stay on the team vs the new incoming competition. And at the annual tryouts, they use new judges that are NOT aware who was and wasnt a laker girl the previous year.

Just watched an episode of a day in the life of the lakers 'equipment manager', what a cool, yet high-paced job. He's in charge of every laker player, coach, asst, coach, trainers, etc..etc... equipment, bags, laundry,etc.. So much that he has to do, but the players, especially dwight, treat him like a brother. Kobe has his barber come to the locker room to do his hair, he tells his barber to take care of the equipment manager and hook him up with a haircut every time. I'm sure that guy gets a ton of perks and hookups from the players.

Watching "Backstage:Galaxy" right now, the life of these galaxy players at home, on the field and in the locker room. I'm not a soccer fan, but these galaxy episodes have already got me hooked. I'm definitely watching the Galaxy championship game on Dec 1st now, i feel like i've known them forever

Thank you Time Warner for giving the Buss family 3 billion dollars (over the next 20 years) in exchange for all this programming. That money will be used wisely for years to come, at least I hope. Small Market teams would kill for a tv deal like that.
    Last edited by 310Casper; 11-24-2012 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Yes I admit. I love the channel too, it's constantly on, when I'm at home lol

vCash
    I love all the laker girl episodes

vCash
    dr。 buss should’ve kept the original prime ticket。  

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    dr。 buss shouldve kept the original prime ticket。  
    Why?

vCash
    the white dude they call coach bugs me he is an idiot that just reads lines like a drone at work he doesnt know s h i t, HORRY should take his place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koberulesall View Post
    the white dude they call coach bugs me he is an idiot that just reads lines like a drone at work he doesnt know s h i t, HORRY should take his place
    Dave miller was horrible on the radio. Now we have to see him. He kills me with his dumb analogies.

The lost boys

vCash
    I think if Sportsnet really want to "cook with gasoline" as a channel, they need to ramp up the re-broadcast of old Laker games...not just games from the NBA finals, but essentially rebroadcasting the entire season of previous years. I think it would be quite enjoyable to watch a full season of Showtime era, the Wilt and West years, playing against Bird, Dr. J, Maravich, Gervin, Russell.

It would be a great way for Laker fans to go back in time and compare the Lakers of today against the Lakers of history...observe how the game has changed, but also being able to enjoy the great players in their own time.

vCash
    Awesomely great channel. Its's constantly on. It's like even if they lose by 20, every commercial is "Champions! Dwight! Kobe! Pau! Nash!", and all the sadness goes away.

Dave Miller is f---ing ********. He cracks me up because of the idiotic bullsh-t that comes out of his dumbass mouth. Worst is that they call him "The Coach Dave Miller". NO mother f---er, you were an assistant coach for like 25 years. Just stfu. Mike Trudell I can tolerate bc at least he knows his sh-t. The girl and Miller combined just make for a very slow train wreck. Funny for 5 minutes, sickening for an 82 game season. #hiremikebrownsportsnet
    Last edited by asoto511; 11-25-2012 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morphosis View Post
    i think if sportsnet really want to "cook with gasoline" as a channel, they need to ramp up the re-broadcast of old laker games...not just games from the nba finals, but essentially rebroadcasting the entire season of previous years. i think it would be quite enjoyable to watch a full season of showtime era, the wilt and west years, playing against bird, dr. J, maravich, gervin, russell.

It would be a great way for laker fans to go back in time and compare the lakers of today against the lakers of history...observe how the game has changed, but also being able to enjoy the great players in their own time.
    yes。 i was really hoping for this。 i think most of  us have seen game 4 celtics 1987 game 7 kings 200 2 game 7 blazers 2000 multiple times already 。

vCash
    I need them to start offering the channel outside of the so-cal area. Im in NYC and I'm sure hundreds of thousands of people would want the channel in this area... Probably even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j4kop99 View Post
    i need them to start offering the channel outside of the so-cal area. Im in nyc and i'm sure hundreds of thousands of people would want the channel in this area... Probably even more.
    Do you have directv? i thought if you have directv  you can have the channel anywhere in the US 。

vCash
    Yea the channel is amazing, love watching it and like you guys hope for more games, a couple better shows and maybe a variety on commentators and analyst.

vCash
    i’m sure coach dave knows his stuff, i love his en thusiasm and all (even when he did radio for 710)  but sometimes, no wait, actually, a lot of times h e comes off as an even bigger smartass than stu la ntz。

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho:24456973
    Quote Originally Posted by j4kop99 View Post
    i need them to start offering the channel outside of the so-cal area. Im in nyc and i'm sure hundreds of thousands of people would want the channel in this area... Probably even more.
    Do you have directv? i thought if you have directv  you can have the channel anywhere in the US 。
    I think you can get the channel anywhere with Directv. In another thread posters were saying how they had the channel eventhough they lived in Florida and Texas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast