Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Shawne Williams is so dope, then why is his *** playing in China?

vCash

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_iv2BDUQg4

No explosiveness? No value?

4. 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    So Who's Willing To Watch This ..and Tell Me Where Amare Doesnt Fit In ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmLB6AYIRLk

& Take A Look At All The Losses This Season ...

Like i said before ... The 2 Alpha Dogs Are Amare and Carmelo ...Not Carmelo alone ....Melo even says it for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQv_Yx0nuo ...we dont need no Pau Gasol -_____-

vCash
    Enough with the youtube vids. You guys are acting like that proves anything. Nobody once said Amare can't block shots. Blocking shots is probably the last thing I'm worried about when it comes to defense. We led the league in blocks under D'Antoni with Turiaf and Amare and were close to dead last in defense.

Most blocked shots just give the other team another possession. And it is about 1/100th of what it takes to play good defense. It usually just means the perimeter guys are getting into the paint at will. Amare is sorely lacking in the other 99/100ths when it comes to defense.

I mean, argue why you think STAT will work but please don't pretend like the man is even a decent defender because hes as bad as it gets.

How about positioning, pick and roll defense, side to side defensive slides/1 on 1 lateral defense, switches, rotations, helping the helper, boxing out, matching up in transition, seeing your ball and man simultaneously.

Amare is severely lacking in all of the above.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Enough with the youtube vids. You guys are acting like that proves anything. Nobody once said Amare can't block shots. Blocking shots is probably the last thing I'm worried about when it comes to defense. We led the league in blocks under D'Antoni with Turiaf and Amare and were close to dead last in defense.

Most blocked shots just give the other team another possession. And it is about 1/100th of what it takes to play good defense. Amare is sorely lacking in the other 99/100ths.

I mean, argue why you think STAT will work but please don't pretend like the man is even a decent defender because hes as bad as it gets.
    he's a decent defender ...tyson chandler is as bad as it gets ... could you do me a favor tho ? ...go look at the preseason video i posted and tell me if amare isnt playing defense

vCash
    & btw in those videos ... Look at The defense Amare was playing ...they might have been dead last ... but blocks are a defensive stat right ? ... Tyson Chandler is an intimidator becuase of the great defense he played in Dallas ...so his reputation and the knicks team ..bringing in Mike woodson was gonna make them play D Reguardless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    he's a decent defender ...tyson chandler is as bad as it gets ... could you do me a favor tho ? ...go look at the preseason video i posted and tell me if amare isnt playing defense
    I watched that game. I was not impressed with his D at all, I saw highlights of Andrea Scrubnani lighting him up and Amare falling asleep and losing him constantly. I'm not about to go back and watch a preseason game against the Raptors to validate Amare sucks on D.

You look for flash, I look for substance.

Blocked shots = flash.

Positional defense = substance.

Amare = blocked shots.

Tyson = positional defense.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I watched that game. I was not impressed with his D at all, I saw highlights of Andrea Scrubnani lighting him up and Amare falling asleep and losing him constantly. I'm not about to go back and watch a preseason game against the Raptors to validate Amare sucks on D.

You look for flash, I look for substance.

Blocked shots = flash.

Positional defense = substance.

Amare = blocked shots.

Tyson = positional defense.
    Positional Matador Defense You Mean ... and just patheticly swiping his hand at the defender when the opponent is already laying the ball up , and not blocking shots , and not playing man to man ...and tipping more than rebounding and just standing there once a guard gets beat .... i remember Marcus Camby ...Swatting Almost Everything that came his way and playing great man to man d for a big man and hustling/diving for every loose ball .... Where do you see that with Chandler and you guys Glorify him like he does anything a kin to that ...Amare isnt perfect but he is not bad defensively ....If Everybody took in to the defensive system why not him .... 1 of our admirals ...Steve Novak is probably the worst defender in NBA history ...but its all good right ? because he makes those threes ?

vCash
    Positional Matador Defense You Mean ... and just patheticly swiping his hand at the defender when the opponent is already laying the ball up , and not blocking shots , and not playing man to man ...and tipping more than rebounding and just standing there once a guard gets beat .... i remember Marcus Camby ...Swatting Almost Everything that came his way and playing great man to man d for a big man and hustling/diving for every loose ball .... Where do you see that with Chandler and you guys Glorify him like he does anything a kin to that ...Amare isnt perfect but he is not bad defensively ....If Everybody took in to the defensive system why not him .... 1 of our admirals ...Steve Novak is probably the worst defender in NBA history ...but its all good right ? because he makes those threes ?
    Lets just say you are one of the few people in this world who would say Amare is better than Tyson on D. There literally might be like 2 out of billions. You are one of 2.

vCash
    BTW, its been mentioned in many post games that the defensive gameplan has switched to prevent Tyson from having to help so much and leaving his man wide open for putbacks because had to slide over and clean up the mess of the guards. Woody has put the onus on the guards this season and its left Tyson in no mans land. We haven't seen that in a few games though. It was an adjustment period.

Tyson is a top 2 defender at the C position. The whole NBA world knows this.

vCash
    Lets just say you are one of the few people in this world who would say Amare is better than Tyson on D. There literally might be like 2 out of billions. You are one of 2.
    I Never said better .... i was just stating facts from what my eyes have seen over these past 2 season about Tyson Chandler.... Chandler has his moments like against the bulls when Melo hit the game winner (the most memorable one) , and against L.A when Lin had the 38 ....but Out of what 80 games he's been a knick ...he's played the defense you say he does in about half or maybe even a little less of the games .

BTW, its been mentioned in many post games that the defensive gameplan has switched to prevent Tyson from having to help so much and leaving his man wide open for putbacks because had to slide over and clean up the mess of the guards. Woody has put the onus on the guards this season and its left Tyson in no mans land. We haven't seen that in a few games though. It was an adjustment period.

Tyson is a top 2 defender at the C position. The whole NBA world knows this.
    Not Top 2 ...Maybe Number 6
    Last edited by lowkeymelo; 12-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    I Never said better .... i was just stating facts from what my eyes have seen over these past 2 season about Tyson Chandler.... Chandler has his moments like against the bulls when Melo hit the game winner (the most memorable one) , and against L.A when Lin had the 38 ....but Out of what 80 games he's been a knick ...he's played the defense you say he does about half or maybe even a little less of the games .

Not Top 2 ...Maybe Number 6
    All good hommie, lets just agree to not agree.

vCash
    All good hommie, lets just agree to not agree.
    lol yeaa

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Amar'e is an *******.....before the game he says he feels great. He got to be the most in shape, physically fit, working out 24-7 ,NON BASKETBALL PLAYING basturd I ever seen.

Its hard to get excited about the guy.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast