Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lakers are looking to deal Pau Gasol. Would you trade STAT for Pau? Who do you think is the better fit for our team/system?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickstapeeee View Post
    http://t.co/55uzbdtd .... Like i said ...you're not a real knick fan if you can have the audacity to bash this man

same people who wanted to trade Melo after "Linsanity"

& during this was a lot better basketball than we play now http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/12/am...ight-game-win/
    2 years, a long term back injury, a knee surgery, a lacerated hand injury and 2 missed playoff series later....

And to be honest, as much as many people were pissed at Melo when he came back after Linsanity and our team went to ****, I only recall 1 or 2 guys here actually saying trade him. Most wanted him to figure out how to play team ball, but not just trade him away.

Either way, saying trade STAT for a 2x NBA champion is not a slight against STAT.

I also love how guys are saying Pau is washed up yet bringing up **** from 2 years ago to say why STAT is so good.

This is not the same fast break, D'Antoni pick and roll heavy team with STAT at C and 3 point shooters all over the court. We are defense first, with a big front line, play the slowest pace in the league, utilize the post and have a C who is going to take mostly all of Amare's pick and roll reps.

This is not the same team, Amare is not the same fit that he was in 2010.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    It is just a matter of rotation management. Start Amar'e when he gets back, but sit him down two minutes into the first quarter and then let him come in strong with the second unit. He maintains his pride as a starter and effectively becomes the captain of the second unit. Done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    It is just a matter of rotation management. Start Amar'e when he gets back, but sit him down two minutes into the first quarter and then let him come in strong with the second unit. He maintains his pride as a starter and effectively becomes the captain of the second unit. Done.

Smart man... All you have to do is Stagger the minutes... Let them start the game and finish the game togther... 1st and 3rd quarters.. And end of 2nd and 4th quarters.. Stagger the minutes..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Smart man... All you have to do is Stagger the minutes... Let them start the game and finish the game togther... 1st and 3rd quarters.. And end of 2nd and 4th quarters.. Stagger the minutes..
    I wouldn't mind that. But I mean, start the guy for 3 minutes? How do you find a rhythm that way. I understand you can manage the rotation to keep the STAT-MELO-Tyson dynamic spread out, let STAT work with Wallace spotting from 3 and with Prigs running pNr. Thats probably what will happen.

Thats basically what we did last year. I just don't like the tentativeness Melo plays when STAT is on the court. He thinks too much out there and doesn't have the same comfort level.

Last year we would get off to pretty terrible starts until the end of the season during Melosanity. We pretty much subbed STAT at 6 minute mark of the first, Melo would finish off the first, than STAT would come in and play the entire second, Melo would finish the last 6 minutes of 2nd quarter.

Basically gives them each half a quarter by themselves as the bonafide #1 option.

I still reserve some hope because of Woody and Kidd, but I have held out hope so many times for this guy and have been let down each time.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    We need amare back to take some of sheeds minutes. Im sure that amare will play better minutes then rasheed wallace. Wether it's off the bench or starting. If we are going to win we need to find a way for amare and carmelo to be on the court at the same time. So i believe STAT will work his way into the starting lineup

vCash
    When is Stat supposed to be back?

Can't get rid of him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    2 years, a long term back injury, a knee surgery, a lacerated hand injury and 2 missed playoff series later....

And to be honest, as much as many people were pissed at Melo when he came back after Linsanity and our team went to ****, I only recall 1 or 2 guys here actually saying trade him. Most wanted him to figure out how to play team ball, but not just trade him away.
    Either way, saying trade STAT for a 2x NBA champion is not a slight against STAT.

I also love how guys are saying Pau is washed up yet bringing up **** from 2 years ago to say why STAT is so good.

This is not the same fast break, D'Antoni pick and roll heavy team with STAT at C and 3 point shooters all over the court. We are defense first, with a big front line, play the slowest pace in the league, utilize the post and have a C who is going to take mostly all of Amare's pick and roll reps.

This is not the same team, Amare is not the same fit that he was in 2010.
    1 . Thats a bold faced lie lol ... just like people who rathered jeremy lin over ray felt , give me a break & Why are you picking up for a guy that doesnt even play for the knicks rather than Amare lol ...Pau gasol is no where near a better player than amare regaurdless just because he won championships means nothing & Even if ... You Must've Missed ..Amare played very well in that preseason game he played earlier if you didnt notice ...but just take a look at this and i rest my case dude http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-ever-co-exist They have a point guard ...something they didnt have last season .
    Last edited by knickstapeeee; 11-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    Exactly what i was saying
    Last edited by knickstapeeee; 11-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    STAT and Melo never got real serious chances to mesh with a point gaurd thats why it seems like they cant work which is just foolish....First season with chauncey they were doing pretty damn fine all they needed was time and chemistry..then they amnistied him for tyson chandler leaving Toney Douglas to be the point..we all know how Toney turned out, then came Linsanity a guy who was more concerned for his own personal game rather than trying to get the two stars the ball...Now they finally have true points who KNOW its about STAT and Melo in Ray Felt J.Kidd and Pablo and look amare unfortunately hit a snag. But we should most likely see the true extent of their potential when he returns
    Last edited by knickstapeeee; 11-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    I wonder what you people would be saying if Amar'e was playing, and his defense was like Tyson Chandlers' this season

vCash
    I wonder what you people would be saying if Amar'e was playing, and his defense was like Tyson Chandlers' this season
    Something might be up with Tyson. If Camby was in game shape it would allow them to rest Chandler but the team minus both might lead the league in dunks allowed.

From strictly a vision test it seems like this team without Amare is still a good team if Melo can continue this pace and they stay healthy but with Amare they get a second legitimate scoring threat which, in theory, makes them a very good team, possibly even a contender.

vCash
    1 . Thats a bold faced lie lol ... just like people who rathered jeremy lin over ray felt , give me a break & Why are you picking up for a guy that doesnt even play for the knicks rather than Amare lol ...Pau gasol is no where near a better player than amare regaurdless just because he won championships means nothing & Even if ... You Must've Missed ..Amare played very well in that preseason game he played earlier if you didnt notice ...but just take a look at this and i rest my case dude http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-ever-co-exist They have a point guard ...something they didnt have last season .
    Bleacher report

I am sticking up for reality, not for a player on another team. You are not thinking like a rational person, you are thinking like an obsessed Amare fan.

Amare played well in that preseason game? Are you ****ing kidding me? He came back and our D fell off a cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhTe5NJ5DiE

First play is prime Amare. No awareness on D, especially on an obvious switch that a 3rd grader could have executed.

Why are you posting bleacher report articles?

And its not a bold faced lie. You joined this board a ****ing month ago. I have been posting on this board for 5 years, I know the posters, I know who said what because they've gotten bashed for it. There are 2-3 posters who wanted to, and still might want to, trade Melo.

A ton of posters who would like to trade Amare are the same guys who supported Melo the whole time (Anji, Stillafan, Addix, BklynKnicks).

So stop making **** up and acting like everyone who wanted to trade Melo wanted to trade Amare. Its actually the complete opposite. Most guys who wanted to trade Melo, support Amare, most who love Melo, hate Amare.

I still can't believe you said "Why are you sticking up for that guy on the other team!!" :cry:

Trust me, if you were actually on this board last season, you would know I was Amare's #1 supporter until it became damn near impossible to support the dude.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    "Damn, Amare still sucks on D but at least he's improved"

Something along those lines.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I would like to add that I don't want to trade Amare because I like Melo, I would like to trade him because he is not as good as Melo as a number 1 option and he conflicts with too many players to only bring pick and roll scorer to the table.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast