Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Amare played defense when Woodson took over. And I honestly think he'll play better defense as a center than pf. Another reason why he needs to come off the bench.

Last year was his first in a defensive system (every team doesn't really have a system with principles to rely on) They did in Phx, but it was a zone defense. With the training camp that Amare mostly did go through (even if he didn't play in preseason) I think he'll be better.

vCash
    ^^^ In spouts maybe, but there is a difference between playing good consistent defense and getting the occasional help block. no one ever said amare was a bad help defender but he is an awful post defender and p and r defender. now look, we may have the double team advantage with melo and amare out there but guess what? both get the ball i similiar places. so it's like either you put stat in the low post, where he sucks, or you stick him out on the wing/3 point line to spread the floor. the point is melo can't drive the hole with Tyson, Amare and 2 defenders clogging it up. Now Melo is playing 36 mins a game, so at most Amare would play 12 mins without him. I simply suggest Woody take advantage of the ridiculous depth and talent of this team. I don't want Stat off the Bench but make sure when he's benched, Melo's out there and when Melo's benched. Stat's out there.

vCash
    We can edit this title.. We need (to trade) Amar'e Stoudmire ASAP.

vCash
    No Real Knick Fan Can bash Amare ...Period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickstapeeee View Post
    No Real Knick Fan Can bash Amare ...Period
    No real Knick fan can NOT bash Amare when you watch him play defense.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    No real Knick fan can NOT bash Amare when you watch him play defense.
    you're basically saying he plays great defense

vCash
    Is Amare a good defensive player? Hell no. But this board will point out every litttle lapse Amare makes. Like Carmelo got beaten backdoor a few times last night. It happends, but if thats Amare the board goes in a uproar. The way Tyson Chandler has played help defense this year people would riot if that was Amare.

So while he isn't a good defender it doesn't help when you got half the board ready to pounce on every lapse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is Amare a good defensive player? Hell no. But this board will point out every litttle lapse Amare makes. Like Carmelo got beaten backdoor a few times last night. It happends, but if thats Amare the board goes in a uproar. The way Tyson Chandler has played help defense this year people would riot if that was Amare.

So while he isn't a good defender it doesn't help when you got half the board ready to pounce on every lapse.
    Amen. People act like he's a diva like kobe ...Why wouldnt he play defense when he comes back ? but i expect nothing more from people who wanted to trade CARMELO ANTHONY during the linsanity smh

vCash
    I need an Amare hug n 15 footer, gravy my man

vCash
    So poisonous that we are 9-4 with the toughest schedule in the league thus far.
    Which knicks team are we talking about? The 6-0 knicks, or the 3-4 knicks in the last 7?

The point is, the knicks rely very heavily on perimeter scoring (melo, jr, fat felton) from streaky, low percentage shooters. They don't have an efficient scorer like durant, lebron or even kobe. They won't have a duncan or kg come playoff time who are great two way players.

Amare can provide some scoring with the pnr, but this creates serious problems for team defense.

I'm simply saying this is a good team with liabilities that prevent them from being a serious contender.

Of course that makes me a "hater."

vCash
    Amare is garbage,no post moves,can't rebound,can't defend....and lost all athleticism...he is now like Kwame Brown with jumshot ,but without defense

vCash
    stat is still one of the top 5 pf in nba,he didn't lose his athleticism in just a few weeks enough with this nonsense.we saw last year under woodson that he can defend and rebound.he also fits great with felton.we need him if we want to go past the first round in playoffs.we need another scorer we saw that against the nets in the last game,melo scoring 35 and everybody else having a very bad game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Which knicks team are we talking about? The 6-0 knicks, or the 3-4 knicks in the last 7?

The point is, the knicks rely very heavily on perimeter scoring (melo, jr, fat felton) from streaky, low percentage shooters. They don't have an efficient scorer like durant, lebron or even kobe. They won't have a duncan or kg come playoff time who are great two way players.

Amare can provide some scoring with the pnr, but this creates serious problems for team defense.

I'm simply saying this is a good team with liabilities that prevent them from being a serious contender.

The 9-4 Knicks. We've had like 1 home game in the last 7. 3-4 isn't THAT bad all things considered.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post

The 9-4 Knicks. We've had like 1 home game in the last 7. 3-4 isn't THAT bad all things considered.
    There have also been more injuries added on to an already injured team.

vCash
    http://t.co/55uzbdtd .... Like i said ...you're not a real knick fan if you can have the audacity to bash this man

same people who wanted to trade Melo after "Linsanity"

& during this was a lot better basketball than we play now http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/12/am...ight-game-win/
    Last edited by knickstapeeee; 11-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast