Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    I Would Take Shawne Williams Over Novak and Bill Walker Over Brewer and J.R ...Any Day
    lowkeymelo what are you smoking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS5 View Post
    i just ignore people like that lol

vCash
    Can't believe ppl writing bad things about a guy who brought the knicks out of the grave. He's a professional and a beast. He's going to do what he has to do and help the team. Everyone else bought into wood sons system, I highly doubt stat will go against the grain and screw it up. He wants that championship too. He's gonna go all out and prove this.

IT'S ON NOW...

vCash
    We are playing the best ball without Amare and Shump. I think the main reason is because we have great point guards who look to the open man. Also because we have a coach who preaches defense. Now with that being said, how good can we be when they return? I'm not worried too much about Shump but the real question will be Amare. We can talk all we want about what he will do but if you think about it we have been waiting for him to come back to form since the 1 half of his first year with us. My question is how injured is he? Can he ever come back to be the Amare of the past or will this be a continued issue? STAY TUNE BECAUSE NONE OF US REALLY KNOW!
    I think if Woodson can convince Melo to play better D he can do it with STAT. Stat will adjust to help the team win. He's not a rebellious type player.

IT'S ON NOW...

vCash
    If they play him with the second unit and he picks up his defensive intencity and move the ball he'll be fine..Stat tend to get sticky fingers sometimes, he reminds me of Al Harrington..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIXX46 View Post
    Can't believe ppl writing bad things about a guy who brought the knicks out of the grave. He's a professional and a beast. He's going to do what he has to do and help the team. Everyone else bought into wood sons system, I highly doubt stat will go against the grain and screw it up. He wants that championship too. He's gonna go all out and prove this.

Amare is useless. Does nothing good to help the team. He makes the knicks worst in every aspect of the game, rebounding, defense, passing, and scoring cause he makes melo and tyson worst on offense.

Amare is Clumsy and pathetic. Trade him to L.A....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickstapeeee View Post
    Bench? He is a superstar one of our big two and a dynamic part of the team he makes us better in so many ways....im sorry to burst your bubble but Ronnie Brewer to start over STAT could get us to be successful? yea i dont really think so
    THIS. we'll said, i guess one mediocre season, playing without a p&r pg, not getting any plays ran for him, brother dies, back woes, struggled with jumper and once again no pick and roll... how can one season with that much turmoil erase what he's done throughout his career? he even regained his explosion towards the end of the season, but people/media deems he's lost a step?
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIXX46 View Post
    i don't get it as well, we were sh.t for 10 years before his arrival, how quickly people forget... and now he's the bad apple??? seriously??? where's the loyalty these days, stat seems pretty loyal to the Knicks, he messed up one time!!! (playoffs)
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    Shawne Williams played defense...hit threes and didn't only shoot them to score & he was tough ....bill walker isn't a feast or FAMINE ...beyond inconsistent player like J.r & he was way better than Ronnie brewer ...brewer is just the perfect guy to defend Lebron guy

Novak is invisible on the court when he isn't making threes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slyone_nyc View Post
    THIS. we'll said, i guess one mediocre season, playing without a p&r pg, not getting any plays ran for him, brother dies, back woes, struggled with jumper and once again no pick and roll... how can one season with that much turmoil erase what he's done throughout his career? he even regained his explosion towards the end of the season, but people/media deems he's lost a step?
    Exactly ...he gets soo much **** from these "fans" for no reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slyone_nyc View Post
    i don't get it as well, we were sh.t for 10 years before his arrival, how quickly people forget... and now he's the bad apple??? seriously??? where's the loyalty these days, stat seems pretty loyal to the Knicks, he messed up one time!!! (playoffs)
    No Type Of Loyalty

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EO4t1M3cc ...his best game last season with Chandler and Melo in the lineup ...despite Carmelo's play ...Carmelo isnt gonna be superman every game

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EO4t1M3cc ...his best game last season with Chandler and Melo in the lineup ...despite Carmelo's play ...Carmelo isnt gonna be superman every game
    I was at that game. It was a loss at home capping off a 6 game losing streak that got the coach fired.

Probably not the best piece of evidence to state your case.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-05-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Shawne Williams played defense...hit threes and didn't only shoot them to score & he was tough ....bill walker isn't a feast or FAMINE ...beyond inconsistent player like J.r & he was way better than Ronnie brewer ...brewer is just the perfect guy to defend Lebron guy

Novak is invisible on the court when he isn't making threes
    Shawne Williams could only shoot three's from one spot on the court. Other than the corner he was an awful shooter and couldn't do jack inside the arc or shoot off pump fakes. Novak is lights out from every spot on the floor. Thats valuable. He can space the floor from any spot around the arc. Not a lot of shooters can do that.

Bill Walker was the poster boy for inconsistency. He actually makes JR look consistent. His 'feast' was nowhere near the 'feast' of JR and his famine was just as bad if not worse because he brought nothing on D like JR does.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal;24595408[B
    ]I was at that game. It was a loss at home capping off a 6 game losing streak that got the coach fired.

Probably not the best piece of evidence to state your case[/B].
    but my point was ...that If Melo has bad games which he will have ...Amare is a proven big time player in this league ...and Tyson Chandler was in the game during alot of these vintage but not fully healthy Amare buckets & this was without a point guard ..and Amare was showing this but the dunks were harder in the preseason game vs Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Shawne Williams could only shoot three's from one spot on the court. Other than the corner he was an awful shooter and couldn't do jack inside the arc or shoot off pump fakes. Novak is lights out from every spot on the floor. Thats valuable. He can space the floor from any spot around the arc. Not a lot of shooters can do that.

Bill Walker was the poster boy for inconsistency. He actually makes JR look consistent. His 'feast' was nowhere near the 'feast' of JR and his famine was just as bad if not worse because he brought nothing on D like JR does.
    Nah ...billy was a real good surprise for us in that Nate trade ...he was the best player we got ...(besides T-mac's first game vs OKC ...best game he played for us) and he was a very consistent 3 point shooter , he grit especially defensively and rebounding and he was real athletic ... and you right J.R Can blow up and get 40 whenever but i rathered Bill's play ...and when J.R Is bad ...he's baddddddddd ...billy is just a NY Type hustle player ...j.r has the crossovers and dunks and all but i still think he shouldve went to The Clippers or the bulls but hey

And Shawne was a hustle player ...he did only make threes from the corner lol but i would take his defense/ Rebounding Way over Novaks ....Not The Shooting ..but Shawne spaced the floor for Amare and Melo When he was in the game with em ...thats why i say a lineup with STAT, Melo -Novak Or Rasheed would really thrive and if Tyson Just Spaces the court like Ronnie Turiaf or Mozgov did ...there would be no problem and Shawne didnt only shoot 3's to score .... but basically Those 2 were the 90's style players ..just like Nate ...another i wish we could get back but ....

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast