Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    KC wouldn't accept that deal unless we throw in Mejia or Tapia/Fulmer, however that's not a bad team. Wheeler; Cingrani, and Harvey are all question marks, however if one of those guys pans out as a #3, than I'd take that. Obviously, you'd have to get some extra starters, if only one of those guys listed above pan out. I would love if we can keep Gee and move Dickey and Santana for Gentry and Holland, this way we'll have 3 proven pitchers(assuming Gee bounces back from the injury) who are young(2 of those being locked up in Niese and Holland) and we can give a couple of months to Mejia or Familia to try out them out as starters until Wheeler comes up in July.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Wright will be signed this off season.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    This is a fun game. I'll go with my two original suggestions and then add a couple:

Dickey, Familia and Den Dekker to KC for Wil Myers and Jerrod Dyson
    Wright to Cincy for Hamilton, Frazier and Cingrani
    Gee to Toronto for Arencibia
    Duda, Murphy and Tapia to Tampa for Hellickson

Lineup:
    Dyson - CF
    Tejada - SS (Hamilton takes over in 2014, moving Tejada to 2B - with Valdy?)
    Valdespin - 2B
    Myers - RF (too much pressure for a rookie?)
    Davis - 1B
    Frazier - 3B (or Lutz, with Flores in the wings)
    Nieuwenhuis/Hairston - LF (Hairston must be re-signed)
    Arencibia - C

Rotation:
    Santana (Wheeler in July)
    Niese
    Hellickson
    Harvey
    Pelfrey (Cingrani ready for mid season or sooner)

Bull Pen:
    Francisco, Parnell, Edgin, Mejia, Armando Rodriguez, Hefner/McHugh, Carson/Byrdak, one new FA reliever

Bench:
    Hairston, Lutz/Satin, Turner, Baxter, Thole

We'd have a killer team in 2014, with a possible 5 ace rotation.
    I like it except 2 things.

1) Being young is great, therefore there is no need to re-sign Hairston. He is the kind of signing you make when you need a bench bat, and you already have a team ready to win a title.

2) As much as I love the idea, I'm not going to go as far as saying "5 ace rotation". It would be good, but NO 5 ace. That's overrating times a trillion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I like it except 2 things.

1) Being young is great, therefore there is no need to re-sign Hairston. He is the kind of signing you make when you need a bench bat, and you already have a team ready to win a title.

2) As much as I love the idea, I'm not going to go as far as saying "5 ace rotation". It would be good, but NO 5 ace. That's overrating times a trillion.
    With Hairston, I was looking primarily for a RH outfielder that could platoon with Kirk, if necessary, or become a regular if Kirk faltered. Also for a RH power bat off the bench, and I don't really see any affordable FAs that fit that bill.

Maybe I over-reacted with 5 aces. But I see Wheeler, Harvey and Cingrani as potential aces, while Niese and Hellickson are solid #2/3's
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12