Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Augustin Back in as Backup PG

Ben Hansbrough is out and D.J. Augustin is back in as George Hill's backup at point guard for the Pacers.

The move isn't surprising. Vogel said Augustin's benching would be a short-term move when he announced it two weeks ago.

Hansbrough has the same nonstop motor as his older brother, Tyler, but opposing teams pressured him the full court, disrupting the Pacers' offense.

Augustin, who is playing with more confidence, played in the second half over the ineffective Hansbrough against the Hornets.

"I think when a guy works as hard as he does and handles adversity the way he did in terms of being a good teammate, increasing his work ethic, trying to get his game right, you look for the opportunity to reward him and I think the time is right," Vogel said of Augustin.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ames-coming-up

Thats too bad, i was really pulling for Ben, i like his defensive intensity.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    I knew DJ's benching was meant to be a wake up call. He's only played well in a few games all season... and has acted like he didn't care much either. Plant his butt on the bench for a while and show him we need much more effort and production.

We can't forget this was a guy who could average 13 and 6.. even on some Charlotte teams that were decent a few years back.

Ben really struggled when facing pressure.

vCash
    yay

#iubb

vCash
    if his name wasnt hansbrough guy wouldnt be in NBA. Benching Augustin was probably a good thing and hopefully gives him a spark. He's a much better player than he has shown

vCash
    I still prefer Hansbrough. Ill take his defense over Augustin not scoring or passing the ball well enough to warrant minutes.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p