Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    [/B]

Meeting the Mets criteria for players perfectly.
    LMAO!

I love how you nailed it Marty.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I wish I could agree with you, but I see it as getting a once serviceable, overused LOOGY on the cheap.

Yes, moving forward.......
    He can't pitch till August. So it is more of a thank you.

vCash

Mets sign Tim Byrdak to minors deal

Thank you for what? Am I missing something here! Was Byrdak some kind of wonder pitcher warrior for the Mets the last two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This I do not get, why sign a guy who is 38 and might not pitch this year even if it's tp a minor league deal?
    Cause he's an affordable space holder who might have something left in the tank. Like it or not, Tim Bryrdak is the prototypical Met.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    You don't have to pay him for most of the season, so that sounds great to the Mets.

In the off chance they are actually competitive at the ASB and need a LOOGY, they can say "hey, Tim Byrdak is almost ready to come up."

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    You don't have to pay him for most of the season, so that sounds great to the Mets.

In the off chance they are actually competitive at the ASB and need a LOOGY, they can say "hey, Tim Byrdak is almost ready to come up."
    Yup, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I wish I could agree with you, but I see it as getting a once serviceable, overused LOOGY on the cheap.

Yes, moving forward.......
    There's nothing to agree with here. He signed with the Mets in 2011 as a LOOGY who became one of the team's most valuable relievers that year. In 2012, he emerged as a big presence in the clubhouse. Despite his performance declining, he had surgery while with the team and being on nothing but a minor league contract allows him to finish his rehab where he started. It's a thank you because it allows him to continue with his current rehab without switching doctors, facilities, and comfort. If there's anything left in the tank, he'll compete once more.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yup, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.
    Do me a favor and look at transactions of all teams. The Detroit Tigers made the following moves this week:

Agreed to terms with RHP Trevor Bell, RHP Cesar Carrillo, RHP Shane Dyer, RHP Shawn Hill, RHP Micah Kellogg, RHP David Kopp, RHP Victor Larez, RHP Carlos Monasterios, RHP Jesse Todd, LHP Jose Alvarez, LHP Ramon Garcia, LHP Efrain Nieves, C Brad Davis, INF Argenis Diaz, INF Lance Durham, INF John Lindsey, INF/OF Marcus Lemon, INF/OF Kevin Russo and INF/OF Matt Tuiasosopo on minor league contracts.

Tell me, how many of these players are "expensive"? These are moves that happen with every club. You're ridiculous.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    There's nothing to agree with here. He signed with the Mets in 2011 as a LOOGY who became one of the team's most valuable relievers that year. In 2012, he emerged as a big presence in the clubhouse. Despite his performance declining, he had surgery while with the team and being on nothing but a minor league contract allows him to finish his rehab where he started. It's a thank you because it allows him to continue with his current rehab without switching doctors, facilities, and comfort. If there's anything left in the tank, he'll compete once more.
    Exactly. As soon as the season starts he goes on the DL to finish his rehab. He won't even pitch for the major league club and will be lucky to pitch in a minor league game. He had the same surgery as Johan. There is like a 5 percent chance he pitches this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Thank you for what? Am I missing something here! Was Byrdak some kind of wonder pitcher warrior for the Mets the last two years.
    No, but he got hurt and had surgery while with the Mets. They sign him to a minor league deal, throw him on the DL, and send him on his way when he is better.

He had the same surgery Johan had this past September. He will be lucky to pitch this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12