Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Four possible destinations for Dwight if he leaves the Lakers per ESPN

Dallas has always been on Howard's short list of favored destinations, right behind Brooklyn and Los Angeles, and they have done nothing to hurt their chances this season. The Mavericks will most likely have the cap room to offer Howard a max contract (if they unload someone like Shawn Marion and/or Vince Carter), and the emergence of O.J. Mayo as a potential All-Star-caliber shooting guard gives them a potentially lethal inside-outside tandem if Howard were to join their club. However, Mayo is due for a significantly better contract, since he is expected to opt out of his current one. So much depends on how much Mayo would re-sign for.

That's not even mentioning the injured Dirk Nowitzki, who at 35 should still be able to hit long jumpers and stretch the floor for Howard to work inside. With one of the top coaches in the game in Rick Carlisle, the Mavericks would be title contenders with Howard.
    Point Guard
    Mayo
    Small Forward
    Dirk
    Howard

vCash
    yeah i would put crowder at the 3 and at the point let's see how want to win a title with howard/dirk/mayo

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Screw Dwight.

He's a quitter, madonnaesque baby.

I want Calderon

The End is Coming.

vCash
    No way I want AB either...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Screw em both

The End is Coming.

vCash
    I don't know about you all, but I still want D12. He is currently the best center in the NBA, even though he is not showing it in LA. If the Mavs snatch him in the free agency, hopefully RC kicks his FT% to at least 70%, that will make him much more of a threat.
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    Without a doubt I'd take Howard. He's not 100% right now and just like with Bynum in LA you will always be an afterthought to Kobe. And in D'Antoni's system, D12 isn't going to work unless when Nash returns they just click.

Either way if Dwight came to Dallas and played next to a PF like Dirk which both compliment each other perfectly. Keep OJ at the 2 and sign a PG who's capable of shooting but is smart and pass first (Calderon).

It would get us back into the contender category for the rest of Dirk's career and I'll take it.

vCash
    mavs should stay far away from bynum and his knees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Without a doubt I'd take Howard. He's not 100% right now and just like with Bynum in LA you will always be an afterthought to Kobe. And in D'Antoni's system, D12 isn't going to work unless when Nash returns they just click.

Either way if Dwight came to Dallas and played next to a PF like Dirk which both compliment each other perfectly. Keep OJ at the 2 and sign a PG who's capable of shooting but is smart and pass first (Calderon).

It would get us back into the contender category for the rest of Dirk's career and I'll take it.
    this !!!
    dwight > all center
    with dirk it would be so dangerous and next to this two guys mayo who hits over 50% from deep it would be a beasty triomvirat!!!
    -----
    bynum?? LOL no befor the season started i was all in for bynum but now? with his injuries? no
    ---
    another thing about the howard fact i can see easy that the mavs trainingstaff AND especially dirk would push dwights FT% up to at least 70% and i think howard knows it.
    bring howard and paul in play crowder at the 3. Then talk to mayo that he plays out his contract an next year when dirk will resigne for a small price give him an new contract
    first 5 Paul--Mayo--Crowder--Dirk--Howard
    second Collison--(i would test cunningham)--don't know--b.wright--Sarge

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    plz cuban trade roddy i like this guy but its clear under rick he will not play enough and maybe we can trade him with carter or so

Andrew Graham:

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    One thing that's key is that playing alongside Dirk is easier for a guy like Dwight than playing with Kobe. Yes, Kobe has more titles than Dirk but Dwight could win and enjoy his time in Dallas with an ego-less Dirk.

Mayo would absolutely flourish even more if he had Dirk and Dwight getting most the attention and drawing constant double teams.

vCash
    ^
    yeah it would be a win-win-win situation for this 3 guys, dirk more looks because dwight would rock the pain, mayo more looks because dirk is dirk +dwight.
    and at the defensiv end dwight would boost dirk and make it harder fpr opp. guards to penetrat

---
    but factor we have talked so often about the effect that dirk and dwight would be the absolut perfect fit for each other remember howard has anderson look like an all star what kind of show would it be to play with dööörk

Andrew Graham:

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    I don't know how you guys can assume Dwight's free throw % would increase any. He's currently teamed with THE BEST FREE THROW SHOOTER IN NBA HISTORY by %. Despite that he's shooting the second worst free throw percentage of his career.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I don't know how you guys can assume Dwight's free throw % would increase any. He's currently teamed with THE BEST FREE THROW SHOOTER IN NBA HISTORY by %. Despite that he's shooting the second worst free throw percentage of his career.
    I agree I don't think by being a Mav his FT shooting will get better magically, but his overall game will be much more effective in Dallas as it was in Orlando unlike the Lakers tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    plz cuban trade roddy i like this guy but its clear under rick he will not play enough and maybe we can trade him with carter or so
    It's not roddy getting enough minutes its when he does get his minutes he's not consistently good. Not ricks fault.

If you guys want the rookies to play we would be a horrible team to watch be last place and we would be complaining about how horrible the Mavs are more than we are now.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast