Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 100
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Fisher better play like max 18 minutes. The dude is old as dust. I just read the worst article which said he was a "stout defender"
    Lol...he is..."(of a person) Somewhat fat or of heavy build." (from google definitions). He is certainly somewhat fat or of heavy build for an NBA player!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    34,875
    vCash
    1500
    Ahahahaha.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvnxs7o

    We wait til Dirk comes back we give Crowder, Matrix's role.

    Harris/Collison/Doho
    Mayo/Redick/Carter
    Crowder/Carter
    Dirk/Brand
    Kaman/Wright

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    The only trades that should happen would be Marion and/or Carter for more future assets. Otherwise, we should stand pat. Even when Dirk comes back, this team isn't going to contend. They'll be a solid playoff team, but they won't be with the truly elite teams. So unless some ridiculous trade makes itself available and they want what we have to offer, there's no point.
    I also think that we are no contenders this year. So it would be ok to trade for either young assets or expiring contracts. I would rather take the youth route in that case, because, honestly, players like Paul in the next FA won't join Dallas. Don't make the same mistake like with Williams.
    It would be hard to trade away Marion. I still like him very much, he is still very efficient.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    129
    vCash
    1500
    Has anyone else read the rumors about Gortat for Kaman and some pieces and some cash? I wouldn't mind having him for a few years at all.

    If that doesn't happen,I hope we consider Al Jefferson, and then we go after Iggy! This goes along with us keeping Mayo also.

    Collison
    Mayo
    Iggy
    Dirk
    Jefferson or Gortat.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    34,875
    vCash
    1500
    I don't mind Gortat for Kaman swap at all.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JDsportsfan View Post
    Has anyone else read the rumors about Gortat for Kaman and some pieces and some cash? I wouldn't mind having him for a few years at all.

    If that doesn't happen,I hope we consider Al Jefferson, and then we go after Iggy! This goes along with us keeping Mayo also.

    Collison
    Mayo
    Iggy
    Dirk
    Jefferson or Gortat.
    A team like this worries me. Dirk is great, but he's aging and you can see him slowing down. He's a star player, but not a superstar. Mayo, while I love having him and think he'll continue to grow, I struggle to see him as the number one for a contender. Iggy is a great defender, but his scoring also would be unimpressive. No thanks on Collison for me, he's not Derek Fisher, but we can do better. I love Gortat (no thank you on Jefferson), but once again, just not the big piece we need.

    This just sounds like a team that would make a little noise each year, before inevitably bowing out to the real contenders. One star teams can win...no star teams? Unlikely. The closest to a no star team was the Pistons, but even they had a slew of fringe stars (Billups, Hamilton, Wallace and Prince). And that was in what I consider a weaker NBA than you have today. The middle of the 2000s was pretty weak.

    Now, I could be wrong...but I support Cuban, not blindly, but because I think he's doing the right thing. I think it's all or nothing. You either go for the star or you rebuild completely from the ground up. It's hard building a team in the NBA around anything other than a star, and normally multiple of them. When you think of contenders, you think of teams all led by stars. I just don't want to sit here watching a middle seed playoff team for the next four or five years.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    A team like this worries me. Dirk is great, but he's aging and you can see him slowing down. He's a star player, but not a superstar. Mayo, while I love having him and think he'll continue to grow, I struggle to see him as the number one for a contender. Iggy is a great defender, but his scoring also would be unimpressive. No thanks on Collison for me, he's not Derek Fisher, but we can do better. I love Gortat (no thank you on Jefferson), but once again, just not the big piece we need.

    This just sounds like a team that would make a little noise each year, before inevitably bowing out to the real contenders. One star teams can win...no star teams? Unlikely. The closest to a no star team was the Pistons, but even they had a slew of fringe stars (Billups, Hamilton, Wallace and Prince). And that was in what I consider a weaker NBA than you have today. The middle of the 2000s was pretty weak.

    Now, I could be wrong...but I support Cuban, not blindly, but because I think he's doing the right thing. I think it's all or nothing. You either go for the star or you rebuild completely from the ground up. It's hard building a team in the NBA around anything other than a star, and normally multiple of them. When you think of contenders, you think of teams all led by stars. I just don't want to sit here watching a middle seed playoff team for the next four or five years.
    Honestly ,we aren't in a position for either ,since missing on Dwill & Howard I think this is a team to make some play-offs run b4 Dirk retiring(or going back to Germany as he previously mentioned he wants to retire there) and that's it ,we aren't gonna be contender and we aren't gonna be bottom team with Dirk

    NATALIA SIWIEC

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Trade idea (Skizz wont like this one)

    Mavs get:
    Michael Dunleavy (3.8 million expiring)
    Jose Calderon (10.6 million expiring)

    Bucks get:
    Shawn Marion
    2013 2nd round pick Dallas
    3 million cash considerations from Dallas

    Raptors get:
    Drew Gooden
    Roddy Beaubois
    Jared Cunningham
    1st round pick from Milwaukee


    Why Dallas does it.
    Simple... we have no point guard, Calderon is above average and has good BBIQ. We also add another solid shooter in Dunleavy. We also get rid of Marions contract to free up even more cap space for next summer for if some crazy reason Dwight Howard becomes available.


    Why the Bucks do it.
    They rid themselves of Goodens contract. Gooden has not played at all this season due to a falling out with him and the Bucks staff. They also acquire a front line defender to make up for Ellis' and Jennings' mediocre perimeter defense.


    Why the Raptors do it.
    Calderon is leaving in free agency anyways. Why not add a serviceable big man, 2 promising young guards and 1st round pick to help build for the future. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon so taking Goodens semi bad contract isn't such a risk/bad deal for them.


    PG: Calderon
    SG: Mayo
    SF: Jones
    PF: Dirk
    C: Kaman
    -----------
    Bench Guards:
    Collison
    Fisher
    Carter
    Dojo

    Bench Forwards:
    Crowder
    Dunleavy
    Brand

    Bench Centers:
    Wright
    James
    That trade is horrible for the Bucks. Why would we want Matrix? Bucks want to get younger and have decent cap flexibility. Besides we dump a first in the deal? Yeah Gooden is a bad deal. But we could just amnesty him instead of dumping a first next summer.

    Besides we have Moute back from injury and he's a top 5 lock down defender. Besides we have Harris and Dunleavy at sf yet besides. Gooden sucks at D but on offense can go wild. He gave us two triple doubles last year. Also at $6.6M for two more season after this one isn't to shabby.

    Figure Dalembert is a nice expiring and might walk and Przybilla might retire. Sanders stepping up big time at center this year and we have Udoh yet that can play pf/c. So we might need insurance back up any way in Gooden.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    duncanville
    Posts
    820
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know about that trade. Mike Dunlevy is garbage, I hope the Mavs don't get him!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    duncanville
    Posts
    820
    vCash
    1500
    I'm hearing that the Lakers are interested in Delonte West!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    1500
    I'd just give the young guys more minutes. Then use one of them as a trade bait (of course not the best guy ).
    I think this is the only route to go. The team is just too inconsistent - and the starting roster, too. Apart from PF and SF (Dirk and Marion) there is no position where one could say who should be the starter.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaluzaar View Post
    I'd just give the young guys more minutes. Then use one of them as a trade bait (of course not the best guy ).
    I think this is the only route to go. The team is just too inconsistent - and the starting roster, too. Apart from PF and SF (Dirk and Marion) there is no position where one could say who should be the starter.
    i'd say that Mayo deserves to be the starting SG.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    i'd say that Mayo deserves to be the starting SG.
    Ah well, you got me. It seems that he does so now. I hope that this will still be true in 2 or 3 months.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,768
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love to trade for Derrick Williams, but looks like they will wait until Rubio returns and plays with him before consider dealing their recent 2nd overall pick.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Corpus christi
    Posts
    458
    vCash
    1500
    Derrick Williams would be great then we can say we got Dwill lol the other Dwill
    Hello Mr Crowder

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •