Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ridnour has 1 year remaining for 4 million after this season. Can't see Cuban trading for him. Dwight Howard is still a possibility if the Lakers dont live up to expectations.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Jose Calderon is a guy we should target if we really want to focus on cap room and contend for a decent playoff seed at the same time. Has an expiring contract.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Trade idea (Skizz wont like this one)

Mavs get:
    Michael Dunleavy (3.8 million expiring)
    Jose Calderon (10.6 million expiring)

Bucks get:
    Shawn Marion
    2013 2nd round pick Dallas
    3 million cash considerations from Dallas

Raptors get:
    Drew Gooden
    Roddy Beaubois
    Jared Cunningham
    1st round pick from Milwaukee

Why Dallas does it.
    Simple... we have no point guard, Calderon is above average and has good BBIQ. We also add another solid shooter in Dunleavy. We also get rid of Marions contract to free up even more cap space for next summer for if some crazy reason Dwight Howard becomes available.

Why the Bucks do it.
    They rid themselves of Goodens contract. Gooden has not played at all this season due to a falling out with him and the Bucks staff. They also acquire a front line defender to make up for Ellis' and Jennings' mediocre perimeter defense.

Why the Raptors do it.
    Calderon is leaving in free agency anyways. Why not add a serviceable big man, 2 promising young guards and 1st round pick to help build for the future. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon so taking Goodens semi bad contract isn't such a risk/bad deal for them.

PG: Calderon
    SG: Mayo
    SF: Jones
    PF: Dirk
    C: Kaman
    -----------
    Bench Guards:
    Collison
    Fisher
    Carter
    Dojo

Bench Forwards:
    Crowder
    Dunleavy
    Brand

Bench Centers:
    Wright
    James
    Last edited by asmarks18; 11-30-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    I never thought I'd miss JJ Barea so much. He was amazing off the bench here and could actually spot start with pretty decent success because of his solid balance of scoring and facilitating.

The idea of bringing back Devin Harris isn't bad, there really isn't a time share for him in Atlanta as Teague gets the majority of the minutes and then Lou Williams plays a ton and that also cuts into Harris minutes.

I do think Dallas needs to move Marion if a decent offer is available to send him away. I love Matrix, but while his play is still at a relatively high level for his age swing him for an expiring like Calderon and change. I don't think Raptors would want to bring in Marion though, unless Casey wants his defensive presence

vCash
    Unless it's for gortat or a starting pg that'd be here long term, I don't see the point in trying to trade marion because it'd then leave us with a void at SF.

Marion is aging well and is a great complimentary player. I think it'd suit us better to keep him, and once his contract is up - extend him to a smaller 2-3 year deal in the $3-5 million range.
    Last edited by nrvana; 11-30-2012 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    I have no problem shipping Marion to a contender...but only if we get something for our future. I'd hate to ship him out for expirings.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Ridnour went to high school right near me.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I do't think Bucks part with Dunleavy. They really like him and they need his outside shooting. Henson/Harris handle their athleticism.

vCash

vCash
    FML...we're going to make Fisher the starter? DoJo RIGHT NOW is posting a better PER than Fisher has posted (at any point) since the 2007-2008 season. And Collison is posting a better PER (15.3) than ANYTHING Fisher has EVER posted. I'm sorry, but that's just ****ing ********. I'm telling you guys, this move has Rick written all over it. How do you bench SUPERIOR players for a 38 year old Derek Fisher who has never been a league average player? Only Rick would do something like that. And it's going to cost us wins.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    You know...maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe this is the greatest tank attempt in the history of the world. We make a move to look like we're trying to improve, when in reality we're just trying to get a better draft pick. So we start the ****** player, but no one will notice we're really just intentionally tanking. Sneaky.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I have no problem shipping Marion to a contender...but only if we get something for our future. I'd hate to ship him out for expirings.
    I was trying to think of contenders that could really use Marion, but none struck me right away. Just don't think any of them would deal promising young players or picks to us for Marion, but I could be wrong. Marion has been one of the best Mavs through the early season struggle, but if we continue to slide it's better to deal him and open extra $9M cap room next summer. It's too bad Illyasova signed a new deal or he'd be an attractive guy to target, he's in the Bucks doghouse it seems.

You know...maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe this is the greatest tank attempt in the history of the world. We make a move to look like we're trying to improve, when in reality we're just trying to get a better draft pick. So we start the ****** player, but no one will notice we're really just intentionally tanking. Sneaky.
    Fisher starting immediately is ballsy from Rick, we get Pistons at home. A loss tonight would be telling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Fisher starting immediately is par for the course from Rick, we get Pistons at home. A loss tonight would be telling.
    Fixed that for you there Dfactor.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Fixed that for you there Dfactor.
    You're right, I mean he did actually start Murphy that one game too.
    Last edited by thedfactor; 12-01-2012 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    Fisher better play like max 18 minutes. The dude is old as dust. I just read the worst article which said he was a "stout defender"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast