Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    i really liked hester when he played for lsu. wasnt going to break many big runs but was going to do his best to dish out as many hits carrying the ball and blocking as he received during the game. hard nosed and smart player. we may have seen teh last of gronk (not that we saw much anyways)

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    trash he did nothing in sd and aj smith loved him,

vCash
    I think this is more of an insurance policy. I don't think Hester will see much playing time, at least not for a few games. It will take time for him to learn the playbook and all of the audibles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    trash he did nothing in sd and aj smith loved him,
    He brings more to the table. He's trash because he's not gonna break a long run?

vCash
    hes trash because he had a gm whofell in love with him and gave him evefy chance to be the guy but he did absolutely nothing. Thatswhy hes trash. Hes a thumper technically but he never thumped anything as a pro. The idea of having a thumper is cool but he has to be decent. Hester hasnt even had a decebt career

vCash
    320 yards and 2 touchdowns in 4 years playing 15 or more games a year, oh and 4 fumbles.... ENOUGH SAID. The dude is trash.

vCash
    He was never given the chance to do anything in SD. It was still LT's time, then after that they drafted Matthews to be their "guy" so he hasn't really had the chance to show much so I wouldn't say he's trash, at least not yet, just hasn't had the time to show his stuff. We didn't bring him in to be the go-to guy so its a good signing.

vCash
    The dude is only going to get used, if at all since we really don't use FB's, in blocking situations and short yardage situations.

Who said anything about him being the man?? Geez, once again all you look at is the "glory" signing. You don't understand the little things that go into building a good team ET..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    320 yards and 2 touchdowns in 4 years playing 15 or more games a year, oh and 4 fumbles.... ENOUGH SAID. The dude is trash.
    Well, 4 TDs. 3 receiving and 1 rushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    The dude is only going to get used, if at all since we really don't use FB's, in blocking situations and short yardage situations.

Who said anything about him being the man?? Geez, once again all you look at is the "glory" signing. You don't understand the little things that go into building a good team ET..
    I'll be surprised if he's not used in receiving situations out of the backfield. I thought that was probably the best part of his game when I saw him.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Its ok guys, its good luck when ET claims a guy we signed as trash.. look at his track record for all the guys this season! Keep it coming bud!!

But on a football note, Hester is here for 3rd down protection and 3rd down protection only. Might not be a sexy signing, but its a smart one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I'll be surprised if he's not used in receiving situations out of the backfield. I thought that was probably the best part of his game when I saw him.
    You would think so..but I don't know if Denver is going to utilize him that much. Gronkowski has had 32 snaps in 9 games this season...are we going to give him an actual shot at FB and use that 2 RB set??

The blessing in disguise for him is that he's thickly built and has had experience and success as a FB. Holliday got the green light from the get go because he had experience and success as a PR/KR.

Maybe we're trying to throw in another dimension..

vCash
    I don't see him getting on the field for at least 2-3 games. Possibly will get some Special Teams play but nothing too drastic.

vCash
    You would think so..but I don't know if Denver is going to utilize him that much. Gronkowski has had 32 snaps in 9 games this season...are we going to give him an actual shot at FB and use that 2 RB set??

The blessing in disguise for him is that he's thickly built and has had experience and success as a FB. Holliday got the green light from the get go because he had experience and success as a PR/KR.

Maybe we're trying to throw in another dimension..
    I'm not sure. It wouldn't be a horrible thing to show a look that hasn't been really seen. I know this isn't exactly the Colts old offense, but didn't Clark use to lineup in the I Formation at times? He's kinda a tweener. I wouldn't surprised seeing him out of the backfield by himself in instances. But we'll see how much he really plays, especially immediately.

vCash

Exactly. He's a FB. He can come in and block, short yardage, can be somewhat of a factor in the passing game and he's pretty good on special teams.

vCash
    Meanwhile, it was the first full practice of the season for running back/fullback Jacob Hester. He was signed to a two-year contract on Monday — $205,882 for the final five weeks of this season and a $715,000 minimum salary in 2013. Hester also would get a $100,000 roster bonus if he makes the team next season.
    DP

so apparently we signed him for a 2 year contract (well technically 1 and some change). The more we know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12