Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Broncos Sign RB Jacob Hester

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-97615d88833c
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With running back Willis McGahee on injured reserve with a designation for return, the Broncos have signed running back Jacob Hester, the team announced on Monday.

The team also added running back Jeremiah Johnson back to the practice squad, where he spent the first 11 weeks of the 2012 season.

A fifth-year pro, Hester has rushed for 319 yards on 94 carries (3.4 avg.) with one touchdown in 62 career games (23 starts). A third-round draft choice by the San Diego Chargers in 2008, he spent his first four seasons in San Diego.

Hester is also a receiving threat out of the backfield, having caught 55 passes for 308 yards (5.6 avg.) and three touchdowns in his career. He's also made an impact on special teams, having posted 36 tackles and scored two special-teams touchdowns.

Hester played 52 games at Louisiana State University, running for 1,780 yards with 20 touchdowns and catching 60 passes for 454 yards with seven receiving scores. He fumbled just once in 364 career carries and was a starter on LSU's 2007 National Championship team.

Johnson has rushed for 77 yards on 14 carries with seven catches for 62 yards in eight career NFL games.

With the addition of Hester, the Broncos now have five backs on the active roster: Hester, Lance Ball, Chris Gronkowski, Ronnie Hillman and Knowshon Moreno.

vCash
    Championship! I like the guy's versatility or at least what I saw from him prior. I don't really expect much, but I like the move.

vCash
    Now we can cut Gronkowski!

Hopefully...

vCash
    I suppose Denver really wanted that big RB. They really don't trust Hillman/Ball..

vCash
    After doing some searching and highlight watching...I did a complete turnaround with this move...it's a fantastic pickup.

He replaces McGahee's ability to convert that 2nd/3rd and short..lets be honest here nobody that we have now is really adept to picking up those..not even moreno. He is a passing option out of the backfield for PFM to dump off. He provides another option in pass blocking...so that we don't have to use Moreno all the time or Hillman/Ball.

And probably the most important...we can actually utilize that 2-back set. Hester can pave the way as a FB and has had much more success there than Gronkowski..

We may have just upgraded our running game.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    We can't pick up 3rd and 1 to save our lives, so here's hoping this guy is different.

vCash
    That's because the RB's that we have now bounce outside all the dang time. Even McGahee would bounce outside a little bit...even though some of that has to do with the limited power of our interior OL.

We're still not too good with getting that interior push up front but it will help when you have a guy like Hester who just goes straight ahead and pounds through..he should help.

I'm thinking a Peyton Hillis type effect in those short yardage situations...well Hillis when he was with us..
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-26-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    As long as he doesnt severely cut into Moreno's carries. I would still like to see Moreno get about 20 carries next game and see what he can do against TB.

All in all tho i do like the pickup for the versatility this guy brings to our run game

vCash
    I really like this signing. I think it's an underrated signing.

Hopefully we use him the right way.

vCash
    Id rather have promoted Johnson off the practice squad but i guess that's just me. Anyway don't now how much it matters or even if he plays a game for us but the few times i seen him with the ball in his hands he looked to have promise
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    How can you not love this he upgrades the position!

vCash
    The last fullback we had that could catch was Griffin and that guy was a threat!

vCash
    Howard Griffith was such a bad ***. One of my favorite players.

vCash
    Why the hell I said Griffin I have no idea, long day lol

vCash
    No worries, I knew what you meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast