Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I could see Alex Smith on the Chiefs. He's way better then anything they have right now.

The Chiefs take all off the 49ers QB Leftovers.

Steve Bono
    Joe Montana
    Steve Gerbac

vCash
    Why isnt this in the forum made for just chiefs fans?

But the chiefs do make more sense than anyone imo. They are kind of built like the niners on offense.

vCash
    It might be smart for them to draft a rookie and then sign a veteran like Alex Smith to be the place keeper. Unfortunately for Alex, I don't see him in a situation next year where he is the undisputed starter without a young QB waiting in the wings.

vCash
    Alex Smith can definitly be our backup next year. Tons of Chiefs fans want to draft Geno Smith and have him starting next year.

vCash
    only if the 49ers cut him, which i doubt they will since he is a proven back up that they will want to hold onto until kapernick is firmly entrenched as comfortable as a starter
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    only if the 49ers cut him, which i doubt they will since he is a proven back up that they will want to hold onto until kapernick is firmly entrenched as comfortable as a starter
    They will cut him before April 1. They are not going to pay him 7.5 million next year that he would be owed if on the team past April 1.

vCash
    Not even Alex smith could help this team. Our offensive coordinator is the biggest joke coaching offense. Not to mention Alex smith was a bust until Jim harbaugh started coaching him. So I would have to say no he is to much like Elvis grbac and not the next Joe Montana. No way on geno smith he's garbage

vCash
    if the chiefs dont draft a qb this year and bring in alex smith i think the fanbase burns down arrowhead lol

vCash
    Chiefs HAVE to take a QB #1 or they will lose the fanbase. That said I could live with A combination of Geno and Alex Smith

vCash
    I would rather us draft our own QB.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Do you pay a decent amount of money to a proven game manager or do you draft a rookie that has potential to turn into a top QB?
    I think you do both

vCash
    the Chiefs should blow everyone out of the water and hire Chip Kelly. i would love to see that Oregon spread offense in KC with Geno Smith behind center.
    it scares me to think how good Charles would be in that offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05676 View Post
    the Chiefs should blow everyone out of the water and hire Chip Kelly. i would love to see that Oregon spread offense in KC with Geno Smith behind center.
    it scares me to think how good Charles would be in that offense
    HELL NO! Chip Kelly needs to stay out of arrowhead spread has no business in the nfl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvchiefsfan View Post
    HELL NO! Chip Kelly needs to stay out of arrowhead spread has no business in the nfl.
    its already in the NFL? New England, Green Bay, New Orleans.

You have the players for the Formation why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05676 View Post
    its already in the NFL? New England, Green Bay, New Orleans.

You have the players for the Formation why not?
    Because once you run the spread most qb's in that system cannot comprehend both spread and pro. The teams you've mentioned already have really good qb's. frankly I don't think geno smith is worth it. In his big games this year he has choked. This is a crappy time for us to have a top pick because there is not a clear cut #1 qb Luck or even a viable second rg3. Besides this there are not any wide receivers who want to play in that type of system cause it does nothing for them. Tim tebow ran it in Denver and they were barely a .500 team. Defenses can key in on it better knowing that you cannot switch up styles as easily as going from a pro set qb to having some spread formations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12