Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    He's looked rough this year, but a handful of times (and I'm still convinced last night's Nelson TD was one) he simply has not had the safety help over the top.

But in case you missed it, after that TD Webster had a hell of a game the rest of the way. Beyond the pick too. In run support and coverage he was great and finally getting physical at the line.

He's not leaving anytime soon, but his role may change. He's already not getting exclusive work on #1 WRs; he and Prince change in up and seem to play sides rather than matchups.

Prince was taken in the 1st to be the #1 CB. He's been incredible the last few games and looking like a starter. So Webster may just slip to a #2 spot and he's a great guy to have there. Next year T2 should be ready to go and Hosley will only get better. I think we have 3-4 solid CBs next year, so depending on the value they get at their spot in the draft, I don't expect them to go high for a CB.

If they're picking on need we just might see them go RB again or DE (with Osi and Tuck on the decline).
    GGGGGG Men you really think T2 will be ready for next season? I think he's done as a Giant, poor guy can never be healthy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el_primo_nano View Post
    GGGGGG Men you really think T2 will be ready for next season? I think he's done as a Giant, poor guy can never be healthy...
    He didn't have another tear, so yeah he'll be more than ready for camp. He's also signed through 2016, so he's gonna be around for a while, injured or not.

They have a ton of incentives in his contract, so its not costing them much to wait this out. If he can somehow get healthy (I have my doubts) and play a full season, he'll be key going forward as Webster declines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To be fair, look at the safeties he's played with. CC Brown, Butler, Michael Johnson, Gibril Wilson (overrated IMO).....
    No doubt, not exactly good safeties but its a bit of a coincidence he's had this issue with all these guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    The Giants did an exceptional job in coverage against the Packers. It was an amazing sight seeing Aaron Rodgers go through his check downs and find no one open. This led to several of the sacks. Kudos to the secondary for that and kudos to the DL for continuing to push forward.

On a side note, did anyone watch the Eagles-Panthers game last night? That was just sad. The Eagles wish they had C-Webb and Prince in their secondary.
    That was mainly because of Rolle

vCash
    T2 is burnt toast. Can't be a corner with no knees. He's the equivalent of Brandon Roy in nba. He's hanging them up.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    This guy at his best is an average corner. There's no way he should be getting paid 9.4M this year. We're letting OSI walk after this year but holding on to Webster?
    He gets burned on so many plays, its not just this year.

Hopefully Prince turns into our #1 corner and Hosley learns and improves enough to become a starter. We need to restructure webster's contract or cut him to bring in someone better.

vCash
    Corey isn't going anywhere.... unless Giants draft or sign a CB. But that won't happen. Nobody has issues with Corey Webster than a few people on here. He is a stud. His plays are blown coverage. NOT HIM BEING BEAT on a route.

If T2 returns next yr. Him n Webster will run the season.

Prince n Hosley are great but undersized... for BIG time WRs

vCash
    There have been some blown coverages, but Webster has messed up plays too and hasn't played to his strengths this season. Prince has been very good in coverage, IMO so you can't put all the blame for big plays against Webster on just blown coverages or miscommunication, for example. He has to step it up and after getting beat by Nelson last week, he played very well the rest of the way and the INT was a nice read made by him.

Overall he hasn't been the Webster of years past, though.

vCash
    ESPN showed a stat that he is tied with tim jennings for the most interceptions going back to the beginning of last season. The few plays he does blow he makes up with picks and passes defended. I dnt think there is anything wrong with webster. Every corner gets beat from time to time. And not to mention he is usually locked on the other teams number 1 guy. Cweb is a stud and is an important part of the defense. Replacing him with hosley would be a huge mess.

vCash
    It sucks because I've always been a huge Webster fan, but he does cost our team big time. jvitti is right that he makes up for blown plays with big picks/passes defended, but sometimes that big play he gives up so easily sends our defense into a tailspin, playing catch-up mode the whole game.

I know CWeb is looking for safety help that's missing on most of these plays, but he flat out gives up on the receiver expecting the safety to be there. You can't do that in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    It sucks because I've always been a huge Webster fan, but he does cost our team big time. jvitti is right that he makes up for blown plays with big picks/passes defended, but sometimes that big play he gives up so easily sends our defense into a tailspin, playing catch-up mode the whole game.

I know CWeb is looking for safety help that's missing on most of these plays, but he flat out gives up on the receiver expecting the safety to be there. You can't do that in this league.
    I feel ya on that, always had love for Webster. A few years ago at training camp he rubbed my lil brothers head and gave him his gloves. Talked to him for a few, great guy. So it's especially hard for me to knock the guy for his play but it also can't be ignored.

vCash
    Safe to say CB should be an area of need in this year's draft.

vCash
    I think we were drafting a cb this draft anyway I mean age and lack of depth production and injuries ...

vCash
    Keep trying to tell you guys. The ONLY mistake Reese has made was investing int Terrell Thomas over Aaron Ross. I'm not saying Ross was lighting the world on fire on his own but I felt like he was a glue guy that masked a lot of things when he played. I never trusted Thomas's knees and I STAND by my words that he is done. We're absolutely drafting a CB, ILB, G, LT. I could see us drafting another DL if another JPP type talent is available. I just hope that its at DT position.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Keep trying to tell you guys. The ONLY mistake Reese has made was investing int Terrell Thomas over Aaron Ross. I'm not saying Ross was lighting the world on fire on his own but I felt like he was a glue guy that masked a lot of things when he played. I never trusted Thomas's knees and I STAND by my words that he is done. We're absolutely drafting a CB, ILB, G, LT. I could see us drafting another DL if another JPP type talent is available. I just hope that its at DT position.
    Are you serious? Aaron Ross SUCKS! Have you seen him this season?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast