Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Corey Webster's Days Are Numbered

I think it is pretty safe to say that he has lost a step as he has been torched all year long. He's our longest-tenured CB and I just feel like we probably need to draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd Round. Plus if memory serves me right, he has a sizable contract that'll likely need to be restructured. I just feel like this was an issue of cap mismanagement when we rewarded him but let Ross go.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    He's looked rough this year, but a handful of times (and I'm still convinced last night's Nelson TD was one) he simply has not had the safety help over the top.

But in case you missed it, after that TD Webster had a hell of a game the rest of the way. Beyond the pick too. In run support and coverage he was great and finally getting physical at the line.

He's not leaving anytime soon, but his role may change. He's already not getting exclusive work on #1 WRs; he and Prince change in up and seem to play sides rather than matchups.

Prince was taken in the 1st to be the #1 CB. He's been incredible the last few games and looking like a starter. So Webster may just slip to a #2 spot and he's a great guy to have there. Next year T2 should be ready to go and Hosley will only get better. I think we have 3-4 solid CBs next year, so depending on the value they get at their spot in the draft, I don't expect them to go high for a CB.

If they're picking on need we just might see them go RB again or DE (with Osi and Tuck on the decline).

vCash
    I said this in the game thread: That play looked like a product of the read and react system put into place by Fewell. The DLine had absolutely no push and after a while Webster turned around looking to make a play on the ball, as Jordy put a double move on him. I think he was either expecting the pressure to have gotten there by then or expecting safety help, like GGGGG-Men said.

Either way, he should've been more alert and not caught flat footed. He did have a great game the rest of the way also. Our coverage was unreal the entire game. That was like the Niners game.

vCash
    Am I the only one who thought Webster looked super slow on the int return? Maybe it is the Hammy and he doesn't want to run full speed to further damage it.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    I agree with GGGGGG-Men.

Ultimately I don't think Webster is the source of the problem in our secondary.

I think our scheme and the communication between our Safeties and Corners is the source of the problem.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I agree with GGGGGG-Men.

I think our scheme and the communication between our Safeties and Corners is the source of the problem.
    yeah, it doesn't make sense after his pro-bowl worthy performance last year with 6 INTS....something wasn't right, but honestly, we need to get the CB from Alabama or the one from Mississippi State.. (forgot the names) otherwise DE wouldnt be a bad position to go for as well...anyways, I have trust in Reese
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    yeah, it doesn't make sense after his pro-bowl worthy performance last year with 6 INTS....something wasn't right, but honestly, we need to get the CB from Alabama or the one from Mississippi State.. (forgot the names) otherwise DE wouldnt be a bad position to go for as well...anyways, I have trust in Reese
    OL is going to be a MUCH BIGGER need going forward first. I would be thrilled if we took a OL in the first round.

Maybe even a good run stuffing DT.

Unless Te'o falls to us in the first round. Then I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat and take OL second round.

We have some talented young DE. Tracy, Ojomo(if I spelled it correct)

Plus In the 3 safety set Kiwi comes up to the line a lot.

I'm really not worried about CB either, Hosley is going to be a good #2 Corner and Prince is already proving he can cover the 1's.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-27-2012 at 04:03 AM.

vCash
    The Giants did an exceptional job in coverage against the Packers. It was an amazing sight seeing Aaron Rodgers go through his check downs and find no one open. This led to several of the sacks. Kudos to the secondary for that and kudos to the DL for continuing to push forward.

On a side note, did anyone watch the Eagles-Panthers game last night? That was just sad. The Eagles wish they had C-Webb and Prince in their secondary.

vCash
    He has started the decline. We need a CB early in the draft so we can phase Webster out. Hopefully Hosely can develop the way Price has and we will be ok.

vCash
    I agree with GGGGGG-Men.

Yea we've talked about this before, he certainly has lost a step but the issue of his communicatiob with the safeties has gone on for far way too long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yea we've talked about this before, he certainly has lost a step but the issue of his communicatiob with the safeties has gone on for far way too long.
    This has always been my issue with KP. Great creeping up in run support, underused in blitzes, but in coverage I just don't think he has the value others do. Don't get me wrong, he's better than average and most safeties in the league, but there are a lot of times in cover 2 he's just too far to center field or picks up the WR too late.

Not to take all the heat off Webster, he's had a sub-par year, but with his age and the value we already got out of him, it's expected. Dude is on the decline, but we're lucky to have Prince and Hosley on the rise and hopefully T2 can come back ray:. He's the missing piece at nickel right now.

Eventually Prince will be exclusively on the 1s
    Web on the 2s
    T2 at nickel
    and Hosley will be a great asset to get those deeper speedy WRs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This has always been my issue with KP. Great creeping up in run support, underused in blitzes, but in coverage I just don't think he has the value others do. Don't get me wrong, he's better than average and most safeties in the league, but there are a lot of times in cover 2 he's just too far to center field or picks up the WR too late.

Not to take all the heat off Webster, he's had a sub-par year, but with his age and the value we already got out of him, it's expected. Dude is on the decline, but we're lucky to have Prince and Hosley on the rise and hopefully T2 can come back ray:. He's the missing piece at nickel right now.

Eventually Prince will be exclusively on the 1s
    Web on the 2s
    T2 at nickel
    and Hosley will be a great asset to get those deeper speedy WRs.
    Webster has had this problem with every safety he's ever played with, but I do understand what your saying about KP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Webster has had this problem with every safety he's ever played with, but I do understand what your saying about KP.
    To be fair, look at the safeties he's played with. CC Brown, Butler, Michael Johnson, Gibril Wilson (overrated IMO).....

vCash
    Did anybody look behind Webster on his interception?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To be fair, look at the safeties he's played with. CC Brown, Butler, Michael Johnson, Gibril Wilson (overrated IMO).....
    Can't Cover Brown:cry:
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast