Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 113
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500

    Game 15 (11-27-12): Sixers (8-6) vs. Mavericks (7-7)

    Cause philly hates c webb.

    Hes even said that phily didnt like him even when he put up (an empty) 20-10


    gotta pay the troll toll

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I missed the 4th quarter (had things to do)

    Can somebody fill me in on a few things....

    Why didnt ET attempt a single fg in the 4th after scoring 20 thru 3?

    The end of the game lineup was jrue turner thad lavoy brown.... How long was that lineup on the floor? Was thad playing the 3 for the first time in 4 years?
    Turner sat 4th quarter till 5 something left in 4th when Macs cut it to 7 and he came in for j rich. He didn't attempt a shot Bc we played sloppy and the ball was in jrue hands while turner camped in the corner. He did get to the line however after he made a move in the corner and penetrated.. also the mavs tried a hack a brown with just under three minutes left

    No Thad didn't play 3. That was a lineup doug had in on the last free throw attempt when mavs were down 2 with one free throw left so mayo was gonna miss on purpose. It was just a rebounding group (which we still didn't get the board)

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    Turner played well again. Dude has really been putting in work lately. The scoring is getting consistant, the defense is awesome, the rebounding is always there and the assist is steady. Yhis guy is quietly becoming the stud I knew hed be,a complete all around guard! Who defends 3 positions

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500

    Game 15 (11-27-12): Sixers (8-6) vs. Mavericks (7-7)

    Nobody cares


    gotta pay the troll toll

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,380
    vCash
    3854
    Games like that are exactly the reason I'm glad Kwame is here. I like having the option of putting a 7ft bully out there. He played well, but let's not annoint him the starter or anything, he only played 16 minutes and that's about where I'd like to keep him. Some nights I don't want him to sniff the floor.

    Gotta be happy with Turner's efficiency. Sure he could have grabbed some more rebounds, but a lot of the time he was guarding Mayo and he was hanging around the perimeter. Can't fault him on that. I do want to see him be more aggressive on the offensive boards, though.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    Games like that are exactly the reason I'm glad Kwame is here. I like having the option of putting a 7ft bully out there. He played well, but let's not annoint him the starter or anything, he only played 16 minutes and that's about where I'd like to keep him. Some nights I don't want him to sniff the floor.

    Gotta be happy with Turner's efficiency. Sure he could have grabbed some more rebounds, but a lot of the time he was guarding Mayo and he was hanging around the perimeter. Can't fault him on that. I do want to see him be more aggressive on the offensive boards, though.
    In his last 9 starts, he's grabbed 5 or fewer 7 times. Mayo didn't play in all 9 of those games. Evan's in there (primarily) to rebound and defend. He's grabbed FOUR offensive boards in those 9 games.

    I hate to be demanding...but I'd like to see more than that.

    (In fairness, his assists have been higher than expected and turnovers lower. Nice signs...but he can't forget why he's in there.)

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,380
    vCash
    3854
    That's my main beef, I'd like to see him get more offensive rebounds. I think that would help him get some easy looks and get in the flow of the game (which can be a problem for him sometimes).

    I haven't really looked into it, but I wonder if his rebounding decrease (he's still averaging 7.1 per) is more a product of him guarding the other team's best scoring wing. With Iggy in, Turner could focus a little less on defense and more on rebounding because Iggy had the more difficult assignment. Turner's man probably didn't touch the ball as much either, and allowed him to float toward the basket for rebounds.

    I don't know. Maybe that doesn't affect it at all.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    I gues a guard averaging 7 boards is not good enough, then again nothingturner does is never good enough. Seriously what the **** is wrong with you characters?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    In his last 9 starts, he's grabbed 5 or fewer 7 times. Mayo didn't play in all 9 of those games. Evan's in there (primarily) to rebound and defend. He's grabbed FOUR offensive boards in those 9 games.

    I hate to be demanding...but I'd like to see more than that.

    (In fairness, his assists have been higher than expected and turnovers lower. Nice signs...but he can't forget why he's in there.)
    the rebounding will be there... and the defense has been well above average against some tough covers (westbrook, mayo)

    to say that ud rather have him get 7-10 rebounds and not take the 8-12 for 22points from a SHOOTING GUARD, i think thats pretty outlandish. especially if jrich is grabbing those 8 rebounds in turners place.

    turners job.... is to be a guard, and share pg duties with holiday. hes been doing a very good job at this. turner has more than 2 responsbilities on the floor, and honestly defense comes first, and ill gladly take a rebounding dip for more efficient scoring. his scoring is coming around in a big way, and epicaly more consistent than the 1 out of 8-20 games hes played well his first 2 years here.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500
    getting offensive boards from a shooting guard?

    cmon guys.... if he grabs a long board thats cool, but honestly, offensive boards are the frontcourts job....

    i dont need evan boxing out in the paint when he should be setting up the offense or looking to make plays with or without the ball (off the ball game is improving every night by the way)


    gotta pay the troll toll

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    11,118
    vCash
    1500
    If turner continues to play like this, if this is the real ET, then we are going to be really good for a long time.
    He really seems to be putting it together. Our back court will be as good As Brooklyn's.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ id go a step further....

    if turner can keep up this level of play.... and by that i simply mean play good-great defense, share pg duties with holiday, and give up 15+ppg with decent fg%.......

    then we have one of the best backcourts in basketball.

    we wont do anything until the frontcourt has a big time scoring, rebounding, defensive presense..... im ok if we can get those 3 things from 2 guys.... but who? i keep thinking al jefferson (hes a much more mature basketball player now than his reputation would have anyone believe). but id like to pair him with a big defensive 5.... and thats where things get tricky.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    getting offensive boards from a shooting guard?

    cmon guys.... if he grabs a long board thats cool, but honestly, offensive boards are the frontcourts job....

    i dont need evan boxing out in the paint when he should be setting up the offense or looking to make plays with or without the ball (off the ball game is improving every night by the way)
    But you are missing one teensy detail. Rebounds aren't GRAVY for Turner. They are what make him valuable to this team; they justify his minutes. Without them...he's nothing 'special'. And these last 9 games...they aren't at the level he's capable of.

    Don't listen to Hydro, Evan. Earn your keep. Grab boards.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,637
    vCash
    1500
    your simply being obnoxious. yet shockingly consistent.

    you found a way to justify lou williams playing terrible and losing games with inneficient scoring by saying "its his job to score, thats what collins wants him to do"

    now you are flipping it to find a way to take away from evans good and efficient play by saying hes not doing 1 specific thing... you are arbitrarily saying that his main job to be on the floor is to rebound. and you are doing this to take away from his obviously increased role in the offense... his really good half court offensive skills, and his recently found consistent scoring touch.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    your simply being obnoxious. yet shockingly consistent.

    you found a way to justify lou williams playing terrible and losing games with inneficient scoring by saying "its his job to score, thats what collins wants him to do"

    now you are flipping it to find a way to take away from evans good and efficient play by saying hes not doing 1 specific thing... you are arbitrarily saying that his main job to be on the floor is to rebound. and you are doing this to take away from his obviously increased role in the offense... his really good half court offensive skills, and his recently found consistent scoring touch.
    your hatred for the Lou is embarrassing. you are doing what you accuse me of doing. he lead our team in scoring... and we were 1 game from the ECF finals. you are a joke.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •