Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    no im saying turner was clearly our best player tonight and was top 3 valuable to the team tonight....

that being said... I will make it clear that jrue is our best player and I see crazy potential. I was just curious as to why ricky thought jrue was more valuable tonight is all.

rereading my last post... i think that you thought my last sentance was sarcasm but i was actually serious haha.. the kid really is only 22 so those things will be fixed in time.

damn id love to have mo cheeks as an assistant right now.. even bring derek fisher in to mentor and teach jrue the ropes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphilly View Post
    Wasnt Lou(the teams leading scorer) a threat to score and a solid at the free throw line?

I dont see how what Jru does at the end of games is any different from what Lou did, except Jru turns the ball over more, and his age is a built in excuse.
    Lou was the teams leading scorer by design. Not by talent Jrue didnt have the touchs or the freedom last year to lead the team in scoring comparing Jrue and lous last year (or even this year if you like) would make a ton more sense seeing as Jrue is getting the freedom lou got last year now. do you guys really not remember how painful it was too see lou at the end of a game?

As for the bolded that might be the most arrogant way to come across possible. You more or less assume i have no grounds behind my statement other than Jrues age as if your talking to a child if you want to debate at least do it with some common decency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Answerback03 View Post
    no im saying turner was clearly our best player tonight and was top 3 valuable to the team tonight....

that being said... I will make it clear that jrue is our best player and I see crazy potential. I was just curious as to why ricky thought jrue was more valuable tonight is all.

rereading my last post... i think that you thought my last sentance was sarcasm but i was actually serious haha.. the kid really is only 22 so those things will be fixed in time.

damn id love to have mo cheeks as an assistant right now.. even bring derek fisher in to mentor and teach jrue the ropes
    i know how old Jrue is acutally i think anyone who follows the NBA does its all people talk about regarding him anymore
    anyways im not really sure you READ my post so ill run though it again.
    Turner DID have a better game than Jrue but only JUST. it wasn't a way better game where it was worth commenting on it
    Although ill admit ricky kind of took a shot at turner by saying Brown was more valuable so top 3 is fair.

vCash
    Love that line from ET, bummed I missed it. Love it when he puts together some scoring efficiency like he has in the last two.
    Looks like Thad was pretty damn good, too.

How were Jrue's turnovers? I saw a few in the third and that was it. Was he back to bonehead land?

Also love to see that EB put up a monster. Damn, I think I'm going to have to go back and watch this one right through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphilly View Post
    Wasnt Lou(the teams leading scorer) a threat to score and a solid at the free throw line?

I dont see how what Jru does at the end of games is any different from what Lou did, except Jru turns the ball over more, and his age is a built in excuse.
    Also i feel my frist post in reply too you did little to cover anything so.
    Lou does get to the line better
    But Jrue is also a much more reliable shooter.
    Jrue is also much bigger and a much better and more willing passer.
    Jrue while still taking alot of dumb shots at least knows when he is beat and moves the ball along like a proper team player
    Lou Just kind of guns He shot us out of games just as much as he shot us back in them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Love that line from ET, bummed I missed it. Love it when he puts together some scoring efficiency like he has in the last two.
    Looks like Thad was pretty damn good, too.

How were Jrue's turnovers? I saw a few in the third and that was it. Was he back to bonehead land?

Also love to see that EB put up a monster. Damn, I think I'm going to have to go back and watch this one right through.
    he had 6 but at least 2 of them where those kind of 50/50 calls that can happen on just about any play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    You're not alone vc... I'd much rather have Jrue taking the last shot than Iggy or Lou at this point. Easily. Or have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. However you want to put it.

And notice how we sucked in close games last year, yet are pretty damned good so far this year? What's different about this roster? Coincidence? Nah
    This, particularly regarding Lou. Happened late last year and into the playoffs too - things got way better late when we took the ball off Lou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Assuming we did not. Iggy and Lou had crazy LOW turnover rates. Jrue's are crazy HIGH.

Wake up. You're silly when you talk in your sleep.
    I would agree with you about Jrue if he were not 22 years old. The only way he's going to improve his ball handling, especially at the end of games, is by handling the ball in those situations. He's still 22, and they have nothing to lose right now. Just keep giving him the ball, and hope that he makes major strides like he has in almost every other facet of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Thought he looked pretty good, but not great. We need more than 4 boards from him.

But, still, he was 4th most valuable on the team tonight - which is quite good. (Kwame, Thad & Jrue)
    I was definitely disappointed in Turner only having 4 boards. He and Jrue didn't have their best games tonight.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    If we're talking actual turnover rates (ie percentage of possessions used that were turnovers) then Jrue, going into this game, was at 13.83 compared to Iggy's 13.79 last year - ie effectively no difference. Iggy's been right around that mark over the last 5 years.

Lou, on the other hand, had crazy low turnover rates. I mean, phenomenally low for a guy who handled it that much. That could be partly inflated by how many possessions he used where he never had to pass it, but his assist to turnover rate was also pretty damn good. Guy just didn't turn it over that much. At least not directly.

vCash

Game 15 (11-27-12): Sixers (8-6) vs. Mavericks (7-7)

I missed the 4th quarter (had things to do)

Can somebody fill me in on a few things....

Why didnt ET attempt a single fg in the 4th after scoring 20 thru 3?

The end of the game lineup was jrue turner thad lavoy brown.... How long was that lineup on the floor? Was thad playing the 3 for the first time in 4 years?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Chris Webber is a joke. Always trashing on the Sixers, probably because he sucked here and he's bitter. I remember his "preview" on the Sixers going into last year was that we were going to struggle because we have no identity and because we play Iggy at the 5 too much.
    I've never understood how people like Webber who choked his entire career can ever get on TV look at a camera and criticize any athlete and think people will take him seriously.

vCash

Game 15 (11-27-12): Sixers (8-6) vs. Mavericks (7-7)

The refs did steal his title in 2002 tho.

He should have won it all then

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    The refs did steal his title in 2002 tho.

He should have won it all then
    I guess. He still had a chance at home in Game 7 and he blew it. Webber is a big time choker no matter how you look at it. I usually don't like labeling someone as that but he is. Look I'm a Cubs fan I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. I know how it feels to have a Game 6 taken away from you but also not finishing the job in a Game 7.

vCash
    lol when Thad said he thought the Sixers were elite GA and Webber both looked at each other and started laughing.. lmao. You can tell CWebb hates the Sixers idk why

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    lol when Thad said he thought the Sixers were elite GA and Webber both looked at each other and started laughing.. lmao. You can tell CWebb hates the Sixers idk why
    GA, Webber and the rest of media are all over the NYK, Brooklyn nutsack so far this season so not surprised by this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast