Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    ^^ id go a step further....

if turner can keep up this level of play.... and by that i simply mean play good-great defense, share pg duties with holiday, and give up 15+ppg with decent fg%.......

then we have one of the best backcourts in basketball.

we wont do anything until the frontcourt has a big time scoring, rebounding, defensive presense..... im ok if we can get those 3 things from 2 guys.... but who? i keep thinking al jefferson (hes a much more mature basketball player now than his reputation would have anyone believe). but id like to pair him with a big defensive 5.... and thats where things get tricky.
    I agree. I was down on al jeff but with how Doug gets everyone to play d he might be really good addition.
    Btw thought bkn had best backcourt.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    i said "one of the best"

and ill take ours over theirs... better price tag and SIGNIFICANTLY better defense. it just comes down to a big man threat.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'm with Hydro on this. Regardless of the rebounds, Turner's improvement in other areas as of late have clearly made him a net positive on the team. Much more so than when he was just grabbing boards and sucking at everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    your hatred for the Lou is embarrassing. you are doing what you accuse me of doing. he lead our team in scoring... and we were 1 game from the ECF finals. you are a joke.
    i actualy have repeatedly said that i dont hate lou and explained my issues with him... yet u have never commented. if lou played off the ball (100% of the time) and was our starting 2 guard. and took less completely absurd jumpshots.... the sixers would have won the atlantic.... of course then the landscape of the league changes, maybe rose doesnt tear his ACL and we probably still lose in the 2nd rd to chicago or miami, but still, wed have been a better team.

lous shot selection and alienation of his more efficient teammates (as a pg) lead to mine, and many others, resentment of lou, and his game. had lou made some very minor (yet significant) tweaks to his game, hed probably still be a sixer, and nobody would have a problem with it.

also, nice job of completely ignoring my actual point, and finding some irrelevent way to flip the table as to avoid the actual topic of conversation.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Ricky's excuse for railing on Turner has always been that all the other posters worship him like it's some kind of boy-band Justin Bieber frenzy. That we all expect him to be the savior of the franchise. And that he was just the voice of reason trying to make us see the truth that he's not actually good.

Well, everyone's expectations have pretty much been lowered and the "frenzy" is clearly no longer there. We all support him and hope he plays well, just like we do for every other player. And that's about it. Yet he's the one who still ALWAYS and ONLY talks about Turner, and it's actually been that way all along. Now that Turner has been playing better recently, he still has to find ways to rail on him in order to get his jollies, by picking out abstract things about his play, instigating other posters, and manipulating things we say just to keep the conversations on him.

Who's the one obsessed with Turner? It's been Ricky all along. If we could get some "advanced statistics" on the topics of Ricky's posts, the percentage of time he talks solely about Turner in comparison to ANYTHING else Sixers related would blow everyone else in the forum away.

vCash
    your hatred for the Lou is embarrassing. you are doing what you accuse me of doing. he lead our team in scoring... and we were 1 game from the ECF finals. you are a joke.
    We may have been 1 game away from the ECF finals? Stupid typo.any ways we may have been a game away from the ECF but Lou had little to do with it.

vCash

Game 15 (11-27-12): Sixers (8-6) vs. Mavericks (7-7)

^ thats actually a good point. We won despite his attempts to lose games for us in the playoffs.

Had it not been for lous terrible play, we may have even beat boston.

gotta pay the troll toll

8. 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    ^^ so basically this is how ricky reacts when he loses an initial argument.

he blows off the real points people are making, completely changes the subject to irrelevent points from last season and talking about players that are no longer in philadelphia.

its even better cause he did it twice.... 1st time he dodged the ET points, now hes dodging the lou points regarding the playoffs by talking about the regular season... in which lou was a model of consistently losing close games....

ill take it back to the game thread... our record in close games is unquestionably better with holiday and evan handling the ball than with iggy and lou.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

he blows off the real points people are making, completely changes the subject to irrelevent points from last season and talking about players that are no longer in philadelphia.

its even better cause he did it twice.... 1st time he dodged the ET points, now hes dodging the lou points regarding the playoffs by talking about the regular season... in which lou was a model of consistently losing close games....

ill take it back to the game thread... our record in close games is unquestionably better with holiday and evan handling the ball than with iggy and lou.
    I wonder if anyone ELSE sees through your 'act' the way I do.

YOU started up with the Lou stuff, not me. YOU steered this ship and veered off course. YOU constantly mention Lou (it's almost creepy) even though he's long gone and then YOU say "but don't you listen?? I DON'T hate Lou. I SAID that!!"

And then you go right on hating him.

The second I spank you you post something like this. Hoping readers are generally stupid.

vCash

Yeah man Lou was horrible in the eastern semis. Averaged 10 ppg in 29 minutes, shot .338 from the field, .182 from three, and got to the line at a much lower rate than during the regular season. I thought he was just there to score? I thought that was his only job? He had one job to do and he failed at that miserably. We were one game from from the ECF in spite of Lou dragging us down for pretty much the entire series.

And I don't even mind Lou. I like the guy. But to disregard how big of a letdown he was during that series for us is stupidity.

vCash

Ricky, i think people are on to you, not me. I address points when questioned. I dont cut and paste around the counterpoints of others.

And as for me bringing lou into the discussion, it was only to point out the insane line of thought that you bring into your obnoxious criticism of turner....

And instead of responding to that point, u chose to make the conversation about lou

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I wonder if anyone ELSE sees through your 'act' the way I do.

YOU started up with the Lou stuff, not me. YOU steered this ship and veered off course. YOU constantly mention Lou (it's almost creepy) even though he's long gone and then YOU say "but don't you listen?? I DON'T hate Lou. I SAID that!!"

And then you go right on hating him.

The second I spank you you post something like this. Hoping readers are generally stupid.

YOU created a thread comparing Lou to Nick Young doofus

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    But you are missing one teensy detail. Rebounds aren't GRAVY for Turner. They are what make him valuable to this team; they justify his minutes. Without them...he's nothing 'special'. And these last 9 games...they aren't at the level he's capable of.

Don't listen to Hydro, Evan. Earn your keep. Grab boards.
    Defensive rebounding, though. He's never been a great offensive rebounder. Or at least not close to the way he rebounds on the defensive end.

vCash

Offensive and defensive rebounding are completely different things.

And id rather have turner back on defense than doing the frontcourts job.... He picks up enough of their slack defensive rebounding

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Offensive and defensive rebounding are completely different things.

And id rather have turner back on defense than doing the frontcourts job.... He picks up enough of their slack defensive rebounding
    not in 7 of the last 9.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast