Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    What, you mean like hypocrite? There you go again trying to start ****. Where did I say none of this was Ponder's fault?? The guy is far from blameless, (not like Simpson though, you said he gets a pass on this one) however the state of our passing game is FAR from being all his fault, like a lot of you on here are making it out to be.

What it boils down to is that things need to change on our offense for our passing game to be successful. Its going to be a big mistake if we spend draft picks getting a QB at the cost of a WR for him to throw to or some quality young players to help our D and that's where this is going.

Ponder would be a better QB if he didn't throw those INTs, however he would also be a better QB if his WRs (notably Bernard Berrian, I mean Jerome Simpson) would catch the ball. They're not going to catch them all, but when we're talking about over 60-70% of the catchable balls thrown their way end up on the ground, that's inexcusable.
    For the record I don't think Simpson is very good and I also cringed when they picked him it reminded me of Bernad's signing and I meant to type it that way. Anyway, its a combination of two things the WR's are less than stellar and Ponder is a bum *** Qb. Conclusion, we Vikings fans are going to have a long road ahead of us.

vCash
    I did call you a hypocrite previously. It was my opinion. Now that I think about it that was wrong to do and I apologize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    How about how nice would it be if we had Denver's wrs.
    Manning makes wide receivers look good. Granted, their receivers are better than ours; however, Manning simply makes the rest of the team better. Ponder will be a serviceable quarterback, IF, the rest of the team is good. Ponder does not make others better, he has not demonstrated the ability to lift a team and make things happen on his own. Blame whoever you want, coaches, wide receivers, o-line, whatever.....he is just not the type of QB that makes stars out of otherwise average players.

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/player/demaryiust...28/careerstats

ironic he's blossoming w/ Peyton.

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/careerstats

looks like a career year in 2012 nothing to write home about prior.

vCash
    He is entering his 3rd year.. And he was improving every year since he was drafted..

vCash
    My daughter is 4 years old doesn't know a thing about football, today she ask why does that lil guy keep running away? My lady who also knows very little about football ask yeah why does your teams QB run away even when no one is coming after him? All I can say is he's scared baby just like you and the boogieman my teams QB is scared.

Wish I could say no one is open, but thats not the case wish I could say anything but I'm done talking about what Ponder can't do because it doesn't matter there is no fix in sight.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...randon-stokley

I wouldn't get all riled up by this guys production either. Harvin is a much better slot player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jhood_121 View Post
    Game over thanks Ponder great game! Jefferson and Ponder along w/ Erin Henderson can all not come back.....oh and lets add Jenkins and Carlson. I'm giving Simpson a pass.
    For the record I don't think Simpson is very good and I also cringed when they picked him it reminded me of Bernad's signing and I meant to type it that way. Anyway, its a combination of two things the WR's are less than stellar and Ponder is a bum *** Qb. Conclusion, we Vikings fans are going to have a long road ahead of us.
    Really? You don't?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash

I wouldn't get all riled up by this guys production either. Harvin is a much better slot player.
    I am not saying make stokley our number 1 wr. I am just saying Denver's wrs are a lot better then ours. What stats don't tell you is being dependable. Being there when the qb is in trouble. Something stokley has always been great at. Also giving that extra effort.

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-be-a-bust/

I told you guys eventually if the "truth" keeps being denied and I keep being called names I would bust out articles and stats to back up my claims. Read this article I could post more since I'm an avid football fan and don't just pay attention to the Vikings.

vCash
    He only played in 11 games and started in 5 last season. He has played almost double the minutes this year.

vCash
    Jhood why dont you look up Devins numbers with Cutler and Jenkins numbers with Matt Ryan. How do their numbers look with good QBs?

vCash
    Devin in 2010: Played in 14 games, 10 Rec, 149 yards, 0 TDs

Jenkins in 2010: Played in 11 games, 41 Rec, 505 yards, 2 TDs

So thats what they did with very solid starting QBs.

Here is what they did with Ponder and Mcnabb for 6 games in 2011:

Devin in 2011: Played in 16 games, 26 Rec, 468 yards, 1 TDs
    So far in 2012: Played in 10 games, 11 Rec, 182 yards, 0 TDs

Jenkins in 2011: Played in 11 games, 38 Rec, 466 yards, 3 TDs
    So far in 2012: Played in 11 games, 30 Rec, 324 yards, 1 TD

vCash
    I did call you a hypocrite previously. It was my opinion. Now that I think about it that was wrong to do and I apologize.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/careerstats

looks like a career year in 2012 nothing to write home about prior.

I'll break it down here. I agree that none of these guys were super-stars last year, but they don't need to be super-stars to be better than who we have on the field.

Demaryius Thomas
    Games: 11
    Receptions: 32
    Yards: 551
    TDs: 4

Receptions: 61
    Yards: 1015
    TDs: 6

Eric Decker
    Games: 16
    Receptions: 44
    Yards: 612
    TDs: 8

2012 so far
    Receptions: 54
    Yards: 685
    TDs: 8

Brandon Stokley
    2010 (last time he was healthy, played with Hasselbeck in SEA)
    Receptions: 31
    Yards: 354
    TDs: 0

2012 so far
    Receptions: 36
    Yards: 354 yards
    TDs: 5

Lets compare these to who we have now at Wide Deceiver...I mean Receiver

Michael Jenkins
    Receptions: 38
    Yards: 466
    TDs: 3

Receptions: 30
    Yards: 324
    TDs: 1

Jerome Simpson

Games: 16
    Receptions: 50
    Yards: 725
    TDs: 4

Games: 7
    Receptions: 12
    Yards: 138

Devin Aromashodu

Games 16 (only started 6)
    Recpetions: 26
    Yards: 468
    TDs: 1

Games: 10
    Receptions: 182

I'm not including Harvin here, because we all know that Harvin is one of the very best WRs in the NFL, even if he doesn't have as many yards as Thomas, Thomas is not going to be the one-man army that is Harvin in the short game.

That said, I think if we were to trade any of the three players I mentioned (Simpson, Aromashodu or Jenkins) for any WR that Denver has (with the possible exception of Stokley who obviously is not as good as Percy Harvin) we would have a better pass game in Minnesota. Why? Because even though Manning is not the one throwing to them I would expect Decker or Thomas to be a lot better at catching the ball than Jenkins, Aromashodu and Simpson.

Decker, Thomas and Stokley together (even without Manning throwing to them) are a better group of WRs than Harvin, Simpson, Aromashodu and Jenkins.

I'm not about to say that Ponder could match Peyton Manning's #s playing with that group, but I think our passing game would be a damn sight better than what it is right now.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast